Verifying my degree - do I need to get the translation stamped at the embassy too?

Hello,

I need to get my university degree verified. I took it to my embassy, got a photocopy of my degree stamped to say it was a true original and went to ministry of foreign affairs to get it translated into Thai and verified.

However I was turned away as I needed to get it translated into English first.

I now have it translated into English, but do I need to take the translation back to the embassy and get it stamped too? And pay another 1800 baht?!

Or can I submit the photocopy of my degree with the stamp and the translation stapled to it (with no stamp on the translation)?

Has anyone had experience of this?

The stamp on the original degree is all that is needed. They will only be certifying the translation.

You would of saved a lot of time and expense if you had gone to a translation service that would of translated it to Thai without needing the English one. They could of even done the MFA certification for a small fee.

Unless teaching a degree is normally not a requirement to get a work permit or a non-b visa at an embassy or consulate or an extension at of stay at immigration based upon working.

Not sure what you're talking about. Degree verification usually involves an employer contacting the place you graduated from to verify the degree is real.

The school says it is about legalizing the degree to be used in Thailand. I have to get it stamped at the embassy, translated and take it to the ministry of foreign affairs to be legalized.

Verifying a degree at an embassy is just a nonsense requirement from the ministry of whomever. In fact, I think it's the schools that make people do it for their own peace of mind.

All they'll do is take a look and stamp it to say they've seen it. It doesn't prove the validity of the degree.

The ministry of labour etc have no idea if it's real or not. Well, here's an idea; have the said person sign the relevant form and pay the fee to get an official verification from said university. Can all be done online.

It should be simple but these things never are. I had to get mine verified by British embassy (1800 Baht if my memory serves me right). My American friend got hers notarized by some law firm because her embassy couldn't and wouldn't verify it.

Verifying a degree at an embassy is just a nonsense requirement from the ministry of whomever. In fact, I think it's the schools that make people do it for their own peace of mind.

All they'll do is take a look and stamp it to say they've seen it. It doesn't prove the validity of the degree.

The ministry of labour etc have no idea if it's real or not. Well, here's an idea; have the said person sign the relevant form and pay the fee to get an official verification from said university. Can all be done online.

It should be simple but these things never are. I had to get mine verified by British embassy (1800 Baht if my memory serves me right). My American friend got hers notarized by some law firm because her embassy couldn't and wouldn't verify it.

The British Embassy do not 'verify' degrees , however, a certified copy of an original can be done at the Embassy

"

"Certified Copies of UK degree certificates

Degree certificates have to be issued in the UK by a recognised institution and are listed Legalisation Office website"

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand

Hi, British embassy in Bangkok have for several years, possibly six refused to verify/validate degrees from UK universities, which has on a personal level presented me with a number of problems when seeking permission to teach from the TTC, (Krusepha). The TTC have a list of accredited universities which you can look at on line. This list contains a few institutions that might be described by discerning persons as Degree Mills. Res ipsa loquitur.

The British Embassy do not 'verify' degrees , however, a certified copy of an original can be done at the Embassy

"

Degree certificates have to be issued in the UK by a recognised institution and are listed Legalisation Office website"

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand

??

"

??

What are you meaning by "??" ----?

You wrote "It should be simple but these things never are. I had to get mine verified by British embassy"

I have posted information and links which clearly indicate that the British Embassy DO NOT "verify " degrees !

Or can you provide links that support your claim that the BE DO verify degrees

"

??

What are you meaning by "??" ----?

You wrote "It should be simple but these things never are. I had to get mine verified by British embassy"

I have posted information and links which clearly indicate that the British Embassy DO NOT "verify " degrees !

Or can you provide links that support your claim that the BE DO verify degrees

I said the British embassy don't verify degrees. Not in any official capacity. They simply stamp it saying they've seen it.

Do read, boy.

Edited by ubonjoe
removed a inflammatory comment

It's a joke. How can embassy verify a degree other then the educational institute itself. The ministry of education from

The respective country if attested perhaps only then the embassy attestation would make more sense but then again it's only my personal opinion

It's a joke. How can embassy verify a degree other then the educational institute itself. The ministry of education from

The respective country if attested perhaps only then the embassy attestation would make more sense but then again it's only my personal opinion

I agree.

Most countries seek affirmation of a degree by contacting the University who issued the degree. Confirmation that the degree is valid is usually sent in a sealed, tamper proof envelope to the requesting body.

An Embassy cannot (and most refuse) to verify academic awards.

I agree.

Most countries seek affirmation of a degree by contacting the University who issued the degree. Confirmation that the degree is valid is usually sent in a sealed, tamper proof envelope to the requesting body.

An Embassy cannot (and most refuse) to verify academic awards.

We had to get letters from our university confirming we attended and finished etc. And these had to be sent directly to the school from the university.

So many hoops to jump through!