PM Prayut urges public organizations to resist corruption

webfact

PM urges public organizations to resist corruption

pm1.jpg

BANGKOK, 29 March 2016 (NNT) – Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has reiterated that every public agency must promote ethical conduct and resist corruption.

The Prime Minister made the comments while chairing a meeting of the National Anti-Corruption Committee (NACC). Gen Prayut said his government will focus on bringing justice to major corruption cases and promoting national unity. He cited the need to have lawbreakers prosecuted indiscriminately and for certain politicians to have their attitudes adjusted for correct understanding.

Secretary-General of the Office of Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC) Prayong Preeyajit encouraged public servants to report to a complaint unit within their organization if anyone is found to have committed graft. An investigation will be conducted accordingly.

Meanwhile, the Anti-Corruption Operation Center has so far received more than 890 corruption cases related to civil servants. Fifty-six of them have already been resolved. The NACC has appointed a sub-committee to follow up on the investigations.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-29 footer_n.gif

Buddha himself could come down and ask people to stop - it ain't gonna happen.

Rule of law. Stiff punishments etc. But of course no one in power really wants any changes cos that means they'd have to change too.

Do as I say and not as I do doesn't work.

For him to say this shows he knows all about the back-hander's that are going on. In a normal situation said people/companies/departments of government would be frozen and a complete investigation would be held. To be honest, like many others have said on this link, This is how Thailand has always ran and always will unless they are jumped on by an outside source, such as China. Thailand is so proud to have never been colonised by a western nation, I am just wondering if they do not see the irony in this? Most other countries that were colonised are doing a damn better job than Thailand has done in the past 100 years.

"Meanwhile, the Anti-Corruption Operation Center has so far received more than 890 corruption cases related to civil servants. Fifty-six of them have already been resolved. The NACC has appointed a sub-committee to follow up on the investigations."

Typical NNT blather: raises more questions than it answers.

- "corruption cases" or corruption complaints?

- 56 "resolved", what does that mean? Dismissed?

- sub-committee to "follow up on the investigation"; so no resolution, right?

- any court cases?

- any convictions?

- anybody go to jail?

- any activity at all by anybody in the criminal justice system?

I must be misunderstanding the rule of law in Thailand. This is the only explanation. I need a training course.

Edited by phoenixdoglover

"Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has reiterated that every public agency must promote ethical conduct and resist corruption."

How about declaring corruption illegal, setting punishment for offenders, enforce the laws, and mete out the punishment to the guilty?

Sounds a lot more effective than him faking like he really cares.

If I recall correctly, he didn't have to reiterate anything when he overthrew the previous government.

Edited by jaltsc

Didn't P urge the farmers not to plant rice off season? Of course he did! Did the farmers still go ahead and plant those crops? Of course they did! Why? Because nobody listens to someone who is telling them to stop doing something that will take money out of their pockets. The same goes for corruption. Thais have been profiting on corruption forever. It is a source of unreported income. Urging them to stop hehee. Well, see how the farmers reacted to it?

"Anti-Corruption Operation Center has so far received more than 890 corruption cases related to civil servants. Fifty-six of them have already been resolved"

56 not guilty so far. Nobody will be found guilty! Just a waste of time complaining.

What an absolute joke. The fact is that the Thai army—according to a wide range of reports—is one of the most deeply corrupt militaries in Asia, if not the world.

I'll probably be hauled in for attitude adjustment for quoting this article, but it pretty much sums up my feelings for the Thai military:

"What is the purpose of the Thai military?

The short answer is that it has two main functions.

The first function is to protect ruling class rule from challenges by mass movements to expand the democratic space. All the weapons, tanks and other military equipment used by the military have been used in anger against citizens. In Bangkok they shot down demonstrators in 1973, 1976, 1992 and 2010. They have waged a civil war against the communists who sought a more egalitarian society and they are currently engaged in a vicious war in the Patani to prevent Malay Muslim self-determination. They have also occasionally staged military coups in order to “hold the line” against civilian political threats. But more often than not military coups have been about military self-interest, which brings me to the military’s second purpose.

The second purpose of the Thai military is to satisfy the sheer greed of the officer corps. Even when not in political power, the military provides rich and corrupt pickings for those in the top ranks. Corruption from weapons purchases, excess state funds for military activities and the chance to sit on the executive boards of state enterprises, all go to lining their pockets. Add to this the illegal trade in narcotics, human trafficking and other mafia type activities. And when they are in political power like now, the opportunities for enrichment are unlimited.

The effect of this nasty parasitic organisation is to act as a barrier to political progress and to divert important resources from the health, education and general well-being of most citizens."

ph34r.png

Buddha himself could come down and ask people to stop - it ain't gonna happen.

Rule of law. Stiff punishments etc. But of course no one in power really wants any changes cos that means they'd have to change too.

Do as I say and not as I do doesn't work.

The govt. offices here just plain out refuse to do anything for me/us e.g. yellow book/ letter for motorbike renewal etc. They just say "we don't do that." Huh?????

So one govt. office says to to that office.... that office says NO or we don't do that??? <deleted>.????

Government transparency/legitimacy ? In Thailand.... lol lol lol yea right! But the govt. wants the private sector to "straighten up" ? lol lol

Thais don't seem to let religion stand in the way of making money - by any means ... corruption is #1. rather than legally earn it.

"Anti-Corruption Operation Center has so far received more than 890 corruption cases related to civil servants. Fifty-six of them have already been resolved"

56 not guilty so far. Nobody will be found guilty! Just a waste of time complaining.

Honestly. I think re: corruption Thailand is a Lost Cause.