Thai land survey plan

Are you are referring to the numbers on the plan shown on page 2 of the chanote? If so the numbers on the plan should match the numbers on the top of the concrete posts.

Sometimes your copy of the chanote might not be up to date though, so there might be some discrepancies.

Hi, yes the numbers on the plan match the numbers on the concrete posts. But what do the numbers relate to? They don't corrolate to distances between the concrete post markers. Do they corrolate to GPS or something else?

We recently had it surveyed and the chanot we have is only one page.

Going from the plan scale 1= 1000 and using my cm ruler on the chanot, the distance between marker 1839 and marker 4276 is 2.4 cm or 24m.

If i measure it with a tape I get 24.8m (probably not too accurate as shrubs in the road).

So for measurments i should go off the chanot as it would be accurate?

The numbers are serial numbers. Every post has a different number to avoid confusion. The post numbers do not correlate to measurements on the ground. The post numbers might not even be consecutive.

Always read the measurements from the chanote. Most people just build a fence or wall to the limits of their property then go from there.

The numbers are serial numbers. Every post has a different number to avoid confusion. The post numbers do not correlate to measurements on the ground. The post numbers might not even be consecutive.

Always read the measurements from the chanote. Most people just build a fence or wall to the limits of their property then go from there.