4 provincial governors transferred to PM's Office

webfact

4 provincial governors transferred to PM's Office

BANGKOK, 30 March 2016 (NNT) - The chief of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) has removed four provincial governors from their positions.

The NCPO chief's order to remove the provincial governors was published on the Royal Gazette on Tuesday. The four officials were transferred to the Office of the Prime Minister. They are Si Sa Ket Governor Yutthana Wiriyakitti, Tak Governor Somchai Hathayatanti, Chanthaburi Governor Somsak Parisuttho and Tak Governor Weeraphong Kaeosuwan.

The NCPO chief also appointed officials of the Ministry of Interior to be acting provincial governors of the four provinces.

Inspector of the Ministry of Transport Sonsak Saensombat was another high-ranking official who was removed from his current position. He was appointed by the NCPO chief as the new director-general of the Marine Department.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-30 footer_n.gif

Section 44 invoked by the NCPO to axe four governors and Marine Department head

2903001_Prayut-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha in his capacity as head of the National Council for Peace and Order invoked Section 44 of the interim charter to order the appointment of the director-general of Marine Department and the immediate transfer of four provincial governors.

By virtue of the order which was published in the Royal Gazette on Tuesday, Mr Sornsak Saensombat, an inspector-general attached to the Transport Ministry, was appointed the director-general of Marine Department.

Si Sa Ket governor Yutthana Viriyakitti, Chanthaburi governor Somsak Parisuttho, Tak governor Somchai Hathayatanti and Pattani governor Veerapong Kaewsuwan were removed from the posts.

In the meantime, Ratchaburi deputy governor Thawat Surabaan was named governor of Si Sa Ket, Lamphun deputy governor Charoenrit Sa-nguansat was named governor of Tak, Phitsanuloke deputy governor Vitoorat Srinam was appointed governor of Chanthaburi and Mr Suriya Amornvotevoravuth, an inspector general attached to the Interior Ministry, was appointed the governor of Pattani.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/157408

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-03-30

Yes I can't get my head around this transfer thing. If someone has proven to be incompetent or corrupt, or indeed a proven criminal in one job posting. Why on earth would you give him employment elsewhere. And what exactly do you have to do to get fired! As with the police we have seen that even murder is not enough.

Yes I can't get my head around this transfer thing. If someone has proven to be incompetent or corrupt, or indeed a proven criminal in one job posting. Why on earth would you give him employment elsewhere. And what exactly do you have to do to get fired! As with the police we have seen that even murder is not enough.

Part of the old procedure here where those in power, positions of authority etc are careful about hammering errant politicians, officials and so on because one day they might be in the cross-hairs and need the same consideration extended to them ?

Prime ministers office must be bulging at the seams.

How many more corrupt/ dishonest officials can it hold??

Jobs for the boys. What would they have to do before they are sacked??

It is beyond belief, steal millions from the country, get an easy job in the prime ministers office.

Prime ministers office must be bulging at the seams.

How many more corrupt/ dishonest officials can it hold??

Jobs for the boys. What would they have to do before they are sacked??

It is beyond belief, steal millions from the country, get an easy job in the prime ministers office.

Police HQ is exactly the same with all the BIB transferred there until their ' situation ' is sorted out.

The only thing I can think of is they are back to a basic (low) salary and no longer getting kickbacks from their operations???

The only thing I can think of is they are back to a basic (low) salary and no longer getting kickbacks from their operations???

Possibly, or they wear the wrong colour shirt and Prayuth is keeping them under his watchful eye.

One would think that these 'transfers' are related to ongoing junta activities to root out corruption and/or mob activities. If Article 44 can be used to 'transfer' persons under investigation for illegal activities, it would be a better use of the immense power that the junta holds to 'suspend' such persons pending final investigation for their alleged wrongdoing. It would appear that in many cases that government officials involved in alleged corruption are given a 'free pass' while ordinary citizens who do nothing more that engage in vocal criticism of the junta are now threatened with 're-education' camps. How can activities that only bruise egos be compared to corruptions that goes to the very fabric for the junta's existence? There has to be a rational approach to addressing corruption and balancing basic freedoms.

<snip> There has to be a rational approach to addressing corruption and balancing basic freedoms.

There is. Restoring democracy, making the military accountable to the democratically elected government, removing military personnel from all government positions and board/management positions in all state enterprises, reforming both the military the RTP making their appointments based on merit, establishing government-appointed independent oversight bodies for both the military and RTP, and make their budgets transparent. Rational, logical, far from impossible, and exceedingly unlikely to ever happen.

Lucky Mr Suriya Amornvotevoravuth, an inspector general attached to the Interior Ministry, who was appointed the governor of Pattani. I bet he is delighted with that....NOT.

Presumably they go the the Prime Ministers Office because that is where they have the best understanding of corruption.

I doubt these names will appear in the newspaper again, certainly not in connection with any prosecutions or prison sentences.

One would think that these 'transfers' are related to ongoing junta activities to root out corruption and/or mob activities. If Article 44 can be used to 'transfer' persons under investigation for illegal activities, it would be a better use of the immense power that the junta holds to 'suspend' such persons pending final investigation for their alleged wrongdoing. It would appear that in many cases that government officials involved in alleged corruption are given a 'free pass' while ordinary citizens who do nothing more that engage in vocal criticism of the junta are now threatened with 're-education' camps. How can activities that only bruise egos be compared to corruptions that goes to the very fabric for the junta's existence? There has to be a rational approach to addressing corruption and balancing basic freedoms.

Transfer to inactive position and suspension is the same thing. Only if you are suspended you can sit at home and collect your paycheck whereas being transferred you clock in every day and do nothing. Which sounds like a worse punishment to you?

http://nypost.com/2016/01/17/city-pays-exiled-teachers-to-snooze-as-rubber-rooms-return/

Tak, Chantaburi and Pattani are all prospering border provinces. So either these guys are corruptly reaping off the proceeds or the junta wants more to the trough. If it is corruption, I am sure they will be more than happy to say it and claim some browny points. The latter seem more real.

Tak, Chantaburi and Pattani are all prospering border provinces. So either these guys are corruptly reaping off the proceeds or the junta wants more to the trough. If it is corruption, I am sure they will be more than happy to say it and claim some browny points. The latter seem more real.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I have read reports in the past week that the mayor of a popular tourist town has been relieved of his duties and was placed under house arrest.

The expectations are now that the junta will take over the whole administration in the next few weeks

Transfer to inactive position and suspension is the same thing. Only if you are suspended you can sit at home and collect your paycheck whereas being transferred you clock in every day and do nothing. Which sounds like a worse punishment to you?

http://nypost.com/2016/01/17/city-pays-exiled-teachers-to-snooze-as-rubber-rooms-return/

It may be a misunderstanding on my part, but when a worker or government employee is 'suspended', it usually connotes that such status is without pay. If my post was inexact or not sufficient in articulating my meaning, I apologize. The intent was to put the person in an suspension without pay status.

Lucky Mr Suriya Amornvotevoravuth, an inspector general attached to the Interior Ministry, who was appointed the governor of Pattani. I bet he is delighted with that....NOT.

Presumably they go the the Prime Ministers Office because that is where they have the best understanding of corruption.

I doubt these names will appear in the newspaper again, certainly not in connection with any prosecutions or prison sentences.

Louis XIV, the Sun king (archetype of Absolute Monarchy), compelled the aristocrats and nobles of France to spend a great amount of their time "attending" upon him at his Palace of Versailles.

Their year was taken up with all sorts of formal engagements and entertainments in his presence.

It enabled him to have them in sight and prevented them from organising insurrection in the provinces, also causing them to compete with each other for his favour at court.

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Edited by Enoon