Anyone tried these guys yet ? (csloxinfo)

speedtripler

All I know about CSLoxInfo is that whenever I am at a hotel with exceptional internet quality and I trace the route 90% of the time it is

provided by CSLoxInfo. Too bad for me they only operate out of Bangkok or I would be on it in the first beat!

Don't know about their Internet service but have used their email service for 15 years without any problems, both here and in other countries. Their technical support has been good. Their security has been good.

Would be interested to know if their Internet service is available in Isaan.

Don't know about their Internet service but have used their email service for 15 years without any problems, both here and in other countries. Their technical support has been good. Their security has been good.

Would be interested to know if their Internet service is available in Isaan.

+100! If anyone finds out these guys have reaches outside Bangkok please advise. Last I looked it seemed they are confined to a specific

area in and surrounding Bangkok.

I used to have CSLoxinfo up until about two years ago. I found their ADSL to be excellent. No throttling, no slowdown during peak periods almost never a drop and excellent English speaking support. When I moved at that time, I ended up taking True and back then, True were so much less expensive, although of course the service was nowhere near as good as CSLoxinfo.

But it now looks like they have significantly reduced their rates. Thanks for posting that Speedtripler. If I can get them from the number where I live now, I am definitely switching out of True and back to Csloxinfo.

Unfortunately they only deliver these speeds to condominiums, not to houses being it townhouses or detached houses.

If you want it anywhere other than condominium they can deliver 4Mbps on a TOT phone line or 8Mbps on a True phone line.

It's a shame because they are really doing a good job in terms in delivering speed and service

I haven't switched from True yet, but only hear good things of CSLoxinfo. Main reason I hadn't yet switched is because they ride on True's fibre network which is how they reach Condo's with this service. I've been having some very weird stuff happen on True's network, despite great speed hitting google, pretty much everything else gets dropped connections and timeouts. It's usually so bad I actually get better service if I tunnel into the US, which makes me very suspicions that True are testing the govt's pathetic firewall of Thailand. But sounds like CSLoxinfo don't suffer from this weirdness.

I noticed on this CSLox webpage they say if your have a True line (assuming that means phone/xDSL) you can get their service.

http://www.csloxinfo.com/eng/home_product/

And this CSLox webpage seems to show their coverage area in Bangkok.

http://www.highspeedcondo.com/service-area/

If everyone is using the same line/infrastructure why would csloxinfo be better than any of the other xdsl Resellers?

Some people offers more speed for the money

You can get 50/10 for nearly the same price as their 36/6 but as usual the devil is in the details.. Ie network management and bandwidth allocation etc and also why are these guys not famous if theyre so good?

I've lived in bkk a decade and only heard of them recently, they do almost no advertising (which maybe a good thing or if means there network is not over saturated/oversold etc)

Also it seems unclear to me,do they use vdsl or Fibre to deliver this?

I noticed on this CSLox webpage they say if your have a True line (assuming that means phone/xDSL) you can get their service.

http://www.csloxinfo.com/eng/home_product/

And this CSLox webpage seems to show their coverage area in Bangkok.

http://www.highspeedcondo.com/service-area/

If everyone is using the same line/infrastructure why would csloxinfo be better than any of the other xdsl Resellers?

Some people offers more speed for the money

You can get 50/10 for nearly the same price as their 36/6 but as usual the devil is in the details.. Ie network management and bandwidth allocation etc and also why are these guys not famous if theyre so good?

conneccision

I've lived in bkk a decade and only heard of them recently, they do almost no advertising (which maybe a good thing or if means there network is not over saturated/oversold etc)

Also it seems unclear to me,do they use vdsl or Fibre to deliver this?

The problems a person experiences with internet can be caused by the "ISPs servers/gateways (domestic & international gateways)" and not the physical line between those servers and your modem/router.

Years back I was on a TOT line and their 4Mb ADSL internet plan....TOT was the only ISP that had lines in my moobaan at that time. The TOT service/speed really sucked, especially for streaming video, youtubes, etc. Then one day I noticed JINET had a concession with TOT where I could have JINET 4Mb internet plan over a TOT line.

The JINET 4Mb plan cost a little more than the TOT 4Mb plan as I expect JINET had to give TOT a little slice of my money, but the JINET service was provided over the TOT line.

All I did to switch to JINET was contact them, got one of their modems, and they handled the switchover from there....I did have to take my TOT modem back to a TOT service center but they ended up letting me keep it anyway, My internet connectivity was much better/faster with the JINET plan (over the TOT line) than my TOT plan. The few times I had an internet problem I always called JINET and they handled the issue from there....usually they would call back within hours asking if my problem was fixed and sometimes they explained it was a TOT phyical line probem which they got TOT to fix. But while with JINET (over the TOT line) I had very few issues/downtime....a big, big improvement in internet speed and reliability.

Yeap, a person's slow internet may not have anything to do with their physical line (fiber, DOCSIS, XDSL, etc) but at the ISPs servers/gateways which is the heart or command center so to speak of their whole internet network.

I haven't switched from True yet, but only hear good things of CSLoxinfo. Main reason I hadn't yet switched is because they ride on True's fibre network which is how they reach Condo's with this service. I've been having some very weird stuff happen on True's network, despite great speed hitting google, pretty much everything else gets dropped connections and timeouts. It's usually so bad I actually get better service if I tunnel into the US, which makes me very suspicions that True are testing the govt's pathetic firewall of Thailand. But sounds like CSLoxinfo don't suffer from this weirdness.

Interestingly, that is exactly my experience with True. Sometimes I hit sites that won't even load, then connect a VPN to the USA and it loads nicely. And I mean major, well-respected sites that would seemingly not get caught up in some sort of government firewall. I suspect it may have something to do with local caching of sites, and it does not work very well.

Some users are easily tricked into thinking speed equals better performance. If the network is unstable it doesn't matter how fast it is if it is cutting out frequently like True's network has been doing for THREE WEEKS NOW! Think about how much speed you, as a user, actually need, based on bandwidth pushed/pulled in amount of time, most likely not that much, definitely not close to half what most of these plans are rated for. I have been on a slower, way slower connection that had much better performance then the one I am on now. If I were in Bangkok, and from what I know from doing trace routes of their network, I would be on CSLoxinfo in a heart beat.

Some users are easily tricked into thinking speed equals better performance. If the network is unstable it doesn't matter how fast it is if it is cutting out frequently like True's network has been doing for THREE WEEKS NOW! Think about how much speed you, as a user, actually need, based on bandwidth pushed/pulled in amount of time, most likely not that much, definitely not close to half what most of these plans are rated for. I have been on a slower, way slower connection that had much better performance then the one I am on now. If I were in Bangkok, and from what I know from doing trace routes of their network, I would be on CSLoxinfo in a heart beat.

The problem with that is companies start out great, then they get swamped and customer service and tech gets saturated /overloaded and the service degrades rapidly....

Csloxinfo now might be a totally different animal than the one people can remember from years ago.... Also they do biz packages for big hotels etc so just because that was good doesn't mean your home Internet will get the same standard....

The problem with that is companies start out great, then they get swamped and customer service and tech gets saturated /overloaded and the service degrades rapidly....

Csloxinfo now might be a totally different animal than the one people can remember from years ago.... Also they do biz packages for big hotels etc so just because that was good doesn't mean your home Internet will get the same standard....

Yes, you are correct, however, I believe there is a more of a chance that the rest of their network will be like their initial network than not. So if I were in Bangkok I would try them out, but that is just me. ps I bought a VPN server service, 5 years for $25usd and I think it has fixed my True Internet issues, which means what I was experiencing (frequent cutouts and site unavailability, same as other users complaints) was probably 100% due to their fiddling with caching, nice to know, but doesn't really give a better impression of their infrastructure practices!

Archived