What Happens When Your 90 Day Report Gets Lost In The Post!

Well, mine got lost this time - I use EMS to send all of the details but just put an ordinary stamp on my SAE for the return.

Posted it on the 25th Feb. normally back in about 7-10 days, this time ....nothing.

I read somewhere on this forum that immigration tell you to wait 30 days then contact them, so today I needed to go to Chiang Mai immigration for my one year extension stamp, so decided to kill two birds with one stone.

Arrived 1PM to find the place full of crying immigration trainees, there appeared to be a huge 6 foot homosexual dressed as a woman, (actually there were two 6 foot homosexuals - but one of them was a NEW GIRL) who usually works there, and now appears to be leaving, so they spent best part of 20 minutes crying, kissing, hugging and taking photos and behaving like 5 year olds, the 6 foot homosexual was a real treat to watch in his blue school skirt and blouse, what a show - Never mind the customers though, just keep everyone waiting!

Anyway, by about 1:20 or so, a young girl took my passport, checked my name off on a ledger (seems they are expecting you if you are waiting for your extension stamp) After she took the passport into the back of the office with a load of paperwork that they had dug out of a file on me I showed her my old 90 day report and the EMS print out from the online tracker along with a signature and the original receipt. This showed the 90 day was delivered and signed for on the 26th Feb. I told her that I never received the receipt and that it must have got lost.

I was told to go to the Admin building ( Building 1 - where you used to get your driving licence and 90 day reports)

Really friendly bunch in that office! They took my EMS paperwork and then dug out a ledger book, it had every single EMS delivery written in it, they found mine in less than 1 minute, then they were able to cross reference this and tell me that they sent out the new receipt on the 28th Feb and immediately blamed the Thai Post.

Now here is where I managed to score a bonus - My last 90 day report was using a new passport, I had no idea what the passport number was and the passport was in building 2 waiting for the new extension stamp, so the admin couldn't look it up.

The lady in charge asked me to go back to the visa office and point out the girl that took my passport, which I did.

She went straight into the back office and brought out my passport and said "Finished" and yes, it had the 1 year extension already stamped (25 minutes after handing it in - yet they can normally make you wait over an hour until someone bothers to go back there and fetch it)

She took me back to building 1, gave the girl the new passport and withing 30 seconds they reprinted my latest 90 day report!

No hassle whatsoever, and they probably saved me at least an hour by retreiving the already stamped passport that was sitting on someone's desk. (I honestly expected a bit of hassle and having to pay 1500 or 2000 Baht for not having it)

Yes, I know the title of the post is screwed up - it wasn't when it was originally posted, but there is no way for me to edit it!

Edited by menzies233
  • Like 1

LOL, they did it again. Go to the airport office. Desk in the middle of the waiting area. If you're lucky one student will print it for you, if the officer sits in front of the computer he'll probably tell you it can't be done. Same happened in January.

• Like 1

I always get a receipt from the local Post Office, when I post my 90 day report, stating that the report has been posted, in case of any problems.

They messed up in January after the high season. You can read multiple reports here if you browse back. But that should have all been mitigated by now.

Send my 90 days yesterday, I'm quite sure it will come back in time as always before.

• Like 1

I always get a receipt from the local Post Office, when I post my 90 day report, stating that the report has been posted, in case of any problems.

Me too, I post it outbound on EMS, about 40 Baht, and ask for an ordinary stamp for the SAE, they usually put a 5 baht stamp on it and charge 3 baht for some reason.

Seems like as long as you make sure you keep the EMS receipt they cannot screw you over.

• Like 1

Makes no difference when it's lost on the way back, it's your fault apparently. Mine got lost and had to make a police report and still immigration were unhappy and very reluctant to do the next report without a fine. Never used the post since.

Makes no difference when it's lost on the way back, it's your fault apparently. Mine got lost and had to make a police report and still immigration were unhappy and very reluctant to do the next report without a fine. Never used the post since.

I have seen many reports of the receipt for the report being lost in the post Yours is the only one I can recall of having a problem from it. Once proof of delivery was shown and immigration checked to confirm it was done they simply did another receipt for them.

My last 90 day report was sent by post beginning of March, about 10 days before expiry, and after 2 weeks still had not got the new extension. Phoned immigration and they said it had been mailed back a day after I had sent it. The post had obviously lost it. Immigration sais if I came to their office I could get a copy. Did so, at Samut Prakan, and after eventually actually finding the correct room amonst the incredible chaos there immediately received my copy. I also had a new passport and without too much trouble had all transferred to my new passport. The only slight hitch was they required some documentation from the embassy, I couldn't figure out what and they didn't seem to know either. I told them that my passport was obtained directly from my country of citizenship and the embassy does not handle passports, which is true. After much discussion behind the counter and shoulder shrugging I received my new passport with all the appropriate stamps in it and went on my way. It was all very efficient expect for the chaos and difficulty of actually finding the correct rooms to go to and there were scores of people everywhere all in rooms you couldn't swing a cat.

I have seen many reports of the receipt for the report being lost in the post Yours is the only one I can recall of having a problem from it. Once proof of delivery was shown and immigration checked to confirm it was done they simply did another receipt for them.

CW office 2012 phoned up after 2 weeks they said not to worry, phoned up a few weeks later and they said we should have gone in after 2 weeks to report it had not shown up. They demanded the lost document report from the cops and were still not happy about it. Not worth the stress, better to get on the bus.

Me too, I post it outbound on EMS, about 40 Baht, and ask for an ordinary stamp for the SAE, they usually put a 5 baht stamp on it and charge 3 baht for some reason.

Seems like as long as you make sure you keep the EMS receipt they cannot screw you over.

I send my 90 day docs by local certified mai, 18 baht plus 5 baht for return envelope. Never failed.

Mine never came back ... wife phoned and they said posted and gave her the new 90day report date

I do have the copy of receipt of my EMS to them.

They told my wife that as I don't have the slip that I can't 90day by post next time.

Annual extension next week ... will try and get a 90day slip or do a 90 day report.

If you have a copy of ems receipt no worries.

I will ask if Nonthaburi allow 90day on the internet yet

Edited by JAS21

Why don't you try to do the 90 days reporting online next time? It may work....[/quote

I've assisted many friends living all over Thailand who state online does not work...yet they email there passport details to me and I am able to do it for them.

To be honest the form layout etc is poor, but it will work.

(You will get problems though, if you don't use ie for Internet connection)

Edited by Pdavies99

Mine never came back ... wife phoned and they said posted and gave her the new 90day report date

I do have the copy of receipt of my EMS to them.

They told my wife that as I don't have the slip that I can't 90day by post next time.

Annual extension next week ... will try and get a 90day slip or do a 90 day report.

If you have a copy of ems receipt no worries.

I will ask if Nonthaburi allow 90day on the internet yet

They will have it in their database, if you/your wife were told a new date that time.

Similar thing happened to a couple of people in Chiang Mai in January, overload something, they said they did not have enough people to put it back in the envelopes. I believe it was caused by the office renovation and they messed it up.

Anyway, data was in the computer and I was also told a new date, but they refused to print the slip. Went back a week later with a student on the machine and she just got it printed for me. My only explanation is the old guy did not know how to print the slip and said it could not be done to not lose face..

You could try just waiting until your next report is due, and do it by post again, enclosing a copy of the EMS receipt from the lost report.

And if the report notification has still not shown up in the post by the final day of the 7-day grace period after the due date, hop on a bus to Chaengwattana that day with a further completed TM47.