Innovative plan to improve Don Mueang airport capacity

webfact

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When General Chavailt was Supreme Commander of the military and as PM he said the best option for increasing the capabilities of Don Mueang was to move the Air Force to Korat, and remove the golf course. Hes also going to lessen the Bangkok traffic problem, by taking the police off the light switch and computerize everything. There was also a plan to move the Cavalry to Salaburi. As we have seen nothing happened.

coffee1.gif

Yes, 1st of April today ! thumbsup.gif

But it took 52 posts to highlight April Fools day!

Except my post above, the fourth post, was a 'oh god, what an unfunny attempt' type of post, and I'm pretty sure the post after mine was also quite tongue in cheek.

Some people don't feel the need to state the bleeding obvious.

With a bit more forethought, they could have built in the steam catapult runs.

Able to reduce the length of tollway used and allows taxis to co-exist during take-offs.

Landing could still present a problem though........................sad.png

tongue.png

I used to work at an airport and watched as they built a new runway. The depth of the runway bed was enormous in order to accommodate the weight of the aircraft. I wonder if the brilliant Thai engineers even considered whether the roadway would support the weight of a fully loaded aircraft smacking down onto the runway for a landing? Probably not.

Note to self: Avoid using Don Mueang airport at all costs. sad.png

The motorways in the UK are designed to handle aircraft landing on them. This is done to overcome problems if an airport was attacked. Aircraft, mostly military ones, would be able to land and take off from motorways. An interesting little fact for you

Actually this story is not quite true, my wife's uncle's brother is high up in the Airforce.

It is of course ridiculous to suggest you land commercial airliners on the expressway.

But as Don Muang is both Civilian and Military, the plan is actually for the smaller jets of the military to use the third runway.

Thai Visa get your fact right please!

coffee1.gif

First time in the last 8 years that I could guess about an April Fool posting...Usually I get fooled......Maybe I am getting smart....555

coffee1.gif

First time in the last 8 years that I could guess about an April Fool posting...Usually I get fooled......Maybe I am getting smart....555

Yes, I concede it's sometimes very difficult! That motorbike ban story almost got me until I found the photo that was published yesterday...

coffee1.gif

But it took you allday ...☺

Archived