Tourist area night patrols ordered as police 'close to making arrests' for Patong knife attack

rooster59

Tourist area night patrols ordered as police 'close to making arrests' for Patong knife attack

Eakkapop Thongtub

post-247607-0-94773400-1459650683_thumb.

Tourist police visiting one of the victims in Friday's knife attack.

PHUKET: The island’s top cop has ordered increased night patrols in tourist areas as police have affirmed being hot on the tail of the three suspects who attacked four foreign tourists on Patong Beach early on Friday (April 1).

Phuket Tourist Police officers and foreign volunteers today visited the Russian tourists admitted to hospital after sustaining knife wounds in an apparent armed robbery attempt early Friday.
Mr Anton Lukin, 30, is being treated at Patong Hospital for a knife wound on his left hand while Ms Aleksandra Obodova, 22, is in critical condition at Vachira Phuket Hospital, having suffered slash wounds to her left wrist, stomach and knee.
Pol Lt Col Anukol Nuket of Kathu Police gave an update on the case: “We’ve now collected statements from all four tourists. The two Australians have already been cleared by doctors to go home, but we’re still monitoring the condition of the Russian woman closely.”
tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-04-03

photo caption:

"What did you do to provoke these boys? Were you wearing a bikini?"

"Would you like a pillow and a blanket? 500 baht."

"I don't speak Russian or English so I will just stand here and look at you while they take a photo."

"Do Russian women do all the fighting for their men?"

"OK, just one more photo while we point at you."

"For my report, what country is the city of Russia in?"

Edited by NCC1701A

photo caption:

"What did you do to provoke these boys? Were you wearing a bikini?"

"Would you like a pillow and a blanket? 500 baht."

"I don't speak Russian or English so I will just stand here and look at you while they take a photo."

"Do Russian women do all the fighting for their men?"

"OK, just one more photo while we point at you."

"For my report, what country is the city of Russia in?"

Off the mark on that one NCC1701A Igor and his brother, (the guys in white) are Russians, Igor's English is quite good , he speaks some Thai as well.

Not sure the point of this post, an attempt at humor I guess? facepalm.gif

This attack is worse than i first thought....The russian woman is in critical condition ie...she could die.

Gee....IF she makes it home won't she be singing the praises of Thailand!.....wai2.gif

Edited by Nasrullah

Why do educated people still go to Phuket?

Because Phuket does not only consist of Patong.

If you are "educated" and come to Phuket, you have Mai Khao, Surin Beach, Bangtao, Karon, Kata, Nai Harn etc.

Yup, he definitely needs to educate himself........

Why do educated people still go to Phuket?

Because Phuket does not only consist of Patong.

If you are "educated" and come to Phuket, you have Mai Khao, Surin Beach, Bangtao, Karon, Kata, Nai Harn etc.

Crime on Phuket is not restricted to Patong.

Remember the murder of the Australian women in Kata?

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-Police-reveal-identities-of-the-Michelle-Smith-stab-murder-suspects/16267

The stabbing of the Italian in Karon?

http://www.thephuketnews.com/threatened-with-murder-italian-stab-victim-now-under-phuket-police-protection-47215.php

Google "stabbing Phuket" and you will see violent violent crime occurs across the whole island.

Why do you bother staying in Phuket NKM, when all you ever do is run it down?

As said before, I'm here for the sun, sea, sand, seafood and snatch. Simple as that.

I'm not here to buy a property, start a business, or adopt a Thai family from Issan.

I make Phuket work for me, not the other way around.

I have no loyalties to Phuket, or Thailand in general. I can sell my motorbike, donate some small household items, throw the rest in the bin, pack my bag and go, I would suggest, many here would like to have that freedom again.

Currently, Phuket serves me well, but I have a Plan B for when I have had enough of this place.

Am I really "running Phuket down" or discussing the many issues Phuket has, and the direction it's heading? Perhaps it's you that is "talking Phuket up."

The change I have seen since living here full time is huge, and mostly for the worse. If you ran a business the way Phuket is being managed, you would go broke, which Phuket slowly is.

At this rate of change, I can only imagine what will become of Phuket in 5 to 10 years time.

It really is tragic to see so much potential allowed to be squandered away by criminals, for the benefit of criminals.

So, KB, with another murder reported on Phuket this morning, do we discuss the crime rate on Phuket, or do as the Thai officials do and deny there is any crime at all? After all, Phuket should only be "run up" and not "run down" for the benefit of the tourism industry. Right?

Edited by NamKangMan