motor vehicle insurance - could i have some help, please?

hi everyone

i bought a new car last monday and got the insurance papers today. my gf, who never had an insurance in her life, struggles making sense of it.

i personally, thinking i had a '1. class insurance' included in my cash purchase deal, find the premium too cheap to be good for anything.

can someone, please, tell me what i got here:

post-222491-0-50395600-1459757398_thumb.

That is only the Por Ror Bor or compulsory insurance not 3rd party. Did they specifically state they were going to supply 1st class? May need to go back and have a talk with them. At the moment, if that is all you have, you are in jeopardy if in an accident.

As above this is the compulsory insurance.

With first class insurance you will receive a full policy with all the relevant information including how much the vehicle is insured for in case of theft etc.

As a comparison I was paying 14,000 baht a year on my 4 year old Chevrolet pickup.

Yours cost 645 baht the standard rate I believe for this.

Edited by stoneyboy

thank you, guys

the terminology 'Por Ror Bor' did the trick, gf rang nissan, apparently this is the one i need the most to satisfy police, the '1. class' policy is still to come. strange still, things taking so long.

and in the meantime i am just to trust that everyone has done the right thing?

what would happen if i have a mayor stack today?

difficult to come to terms with.

cheers

If it was me - I would check with the dealer. Find out who they purchased the policy from. Visit them and make sure that you are covered. Be a shame to wreck a brand new car and be told "Sorry, we had not processed your policy yet, so it does not exist" Another reason I buy my own - walk out the door with the paperwork. And a Receipt.

Edited by canthai55

my new triton came with first class insurance, was given paperwork to prove this on collection day, had to have the insurance out on day 3, no registration number on insurance, only chassis number.

Insurers can write "cover notes" that you can use to show a third party if you are involved in a traffic accident. It's a temporary proof of cover pending receipt of policy. Ask for one.

thank you again, everyone.

unfortunately, i do have no means to communicate with anyone at nissan nakhon phanom to any worthwhile degree. sure i would have liked things to be more transparent but i have to rely on my gf to do the talking. and she does not know what she is talking about.

happy that i now have confirmation from you of at least being covered against third party injury / damage and according to gf, who reluctantly spoke to the nissan guys again yesterday, everything else is ok and coming soon...

i shall post here again for your kind input if and when the next lot of documents arrives.

a good day to you all!

I would send an email in English to Nissan Head Office with full details of your purchase and ask them to get involved with the dealer and to get back to you and clarify what they find out.

At least that way if something bad happens you should have some written proof of your insurance status. Things said over the phone are less than worthless.

I would send an email in English to Nissan Head Office with full details of your purchase and ask them to get involved with the dealer and to get back to you and clarify what they find out.

At least that way if something bad happens you should have some written proof of your insurance status. Things said over the phone are less than worthless.

sounds like good advice, thank you, will do right now. i actually contacted head office initially to get contact details of the dealership in nakhon phanom.

they were very helpful back than.

cheers