Importing

illy

hi everybody.

i intend to move to phuket thailand in 2007. i have my work permit and immigration pretty much under control. my question is regarding bringing items that i need for my work into thailand without paying massive import dutes on goods i already own.

my occupatiuon field is in the music industry; performance and tuition. i own some quite rare and essential equipement that is not available for purchase in thailand.

what is my best bet here? can anyone recommend any import/customs companies [in phuket]to get me through this minefield? most off my gear is not new , and i may not have purchase receipts for all of my equipment.

most of my items will be guitars, amplifiers, recording equipement and sound systems [PA systems]

thank you

Where are you shipping from and how?

Containers arrive in Bangkok, you have to be there with passport and money, clear customs and then its sent down to Phuket. Asian Tigers are very good, deal with everything. Duties in our case was 10% of shipping cost, container was not opened until arrival in Phuket, no questions asked!