Nabbed for loud exhaust

Gonsalviz

Shops that sell illegal goods and the customers who buy them are not very nice people IMO.

Again, these are not illegal goods. Stop spreading that nonsense. The bikes they sell are perfectly legal!

If the bikes are sold for public road use and the exhaust emits more than 95db then it is illegal. Stop spreading nonsense that all of these bikes are legal.

There are possibly thousands of bikes out there all with above the legal limit noise emitting exhausts. Vehicle testing stations take bribes to pass the bikes and allow registration. That does not make those bikes legal. Why do these idiot bike owners feel it necessary to make so much noise and cause annoyance to other members of the public. They are a scourge on society and need to be rid of.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shops that sell illegal goods and the customers who buy them are not very nice people IMO.

Again, these are not illegal goods. Stop spreading that nonsense. The bikes they sell are perfectly legal!

If the bikes are sold for public road use and the exhaust emits more than 95db then it is illegal. Stop spreading nonsense that all of these bikes are legal.

There are possibly thousands of bikes out there all with above the legal limit noise emitting exhausts. Vehicle testing stations take bribes to pass the bikes and allow registration. That does not make those bikes legal. Why do these idiot bike owners feel it necessary to make so much noise and cause annoyance to other members of the public. They are a scourge on society and need to be rid of.

I can't wait to rev the hell out of my obnoxiously loud engine and drive by your house at 3 AM.

I can't wait to rev the hell out of my obnoxiously loud engine and drive by your house at 3 AM.

Very typical of the obnoxiously loud louts who drive these obnoxiously loud motorbikes. You have indeed shown yourself to be a selfish idiot who thinks he can do as he pleases with no consideration for others.

And to do so you'll not only be breaking noise laws but trespassing and will end up crashing first through a strong gate and then into a very strong wall. I live at the end of a cul-de-sac.

I am getting tired of explaining the point again and again. I am not spreading nonsense. Of course riding with an exhaust that does over 95dB on a public road is illegal, never said otherwise.

But buying a bike with such an exhaust and riding it on a track is perfectly legal. Hence the sale of these goods is perfectly legal. Riding them on public roads is not.

It's the rider who breaks the law, not the dealer. A dealer doesn't "sell it for public road use". They just sell it.

Most people will ride the bikes on public roads. Most people break the law. Just like they break numerous other laws like riding in the wrong direction, going over the speed limit or whatnot.

And i thought someone posted its 95db up to 150c or 250cc.,then 99db for big bikes?.

I agree some little shits give the rest of a bad name,with their screaming hairdryers.

The BIB etc could stop them,but for some reason don't!. ;-)

Very typical of the obnoxiously loud louts who drive these obnoxiously loud motorbikes. You have indeed shown yourself to be a selfish idiot who thinks he can do as he pleases with no consideration for others.

Yes basically me in a nutshell. Oh well I still have fun ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am getting tired of explaining the point again and again. I am not spreading nonsense. Of course riding with an exhaust that does over 95dB on a public road is illegal, never said otherwise.

But buying a bike with such an exhaust and riding it on a track is perfectly legal. Hence the sale of these goods is perfectly legal. Riding them on public roads is not.

It's the rider who breaks the law, not the dealer. A dealer doesn't "sell it for public road use". They just sell it.

Most people will ride the bikes on public roads. Most people break the law. Just like they break numerous other laws like riding in the wrong direction, going over the speed limit or whatnot.

And I am too tired of explaining that 95db applies to public roads. I have never mentioned off road EVER. Stop trying to confuse the issue with ON/OFF road. Most of us live at the side of a public road not in some private jungle used as a race track.

Breaking on law does not and never will be an excuse for breaking another. Everyday I and my neighbors have to put up with one idiot who has an illegal exhaust and so some reason feels it necessary to sit on his bike and rev rev the engine. He and others like him should be removed from the road. Selfish little bastard.

And i thought someone posted its 95db up to 150c or 250cc.,then 99db for big bikes?.

I agree some little shits give the rest of a bad name,with their screaming hairdryers.

The BIB etc could stop them,but for some reason don't!. ;-)

When I raised the question at a vehicle testing station I was told 95db. No mention was made on cc. When I asked about HDs tester said same and that he takes bribes to pass them. All HDs as far as I know would be > 150cc.

Everyday I and my neighbors have to put up with one idiot who has an illegal exhaust and so some reason feels it necessary to sit on his bike and rev rev the engine. He and others like him should be removed from the road. Selfish little bastard.

Have you called the police to come and test him? I would have thought that would be your first course of action. You sound like the guy who would to that.

What is it with you? Your wife doesn't allow you to have a bike so you can't play with the boys?

Everyday I and my neighbors have to put up with one idiot who has an illegal exhaust and so some reason feels it necessary to sit on his bike and rev rev the engine. He and others like him should be removed from the road. Selfish little bastard.

Have you called the police to come and test him? I would have thought that would be your first course of action. You sound like the guy who would to that.

What is it with you? Your wife doesn't allow you to have a bike so you can't play with the boys?

I have more respect for the people around me than to constantly annoy them with selfish loud noises. And yes if he does not soon change his ways police will be called. It has been done before and the police have been most cooperative and helpful in making selfish loud noise makers quiet.

What makes you think that he is in the right to make noise and I should have no recourse to quieten him down. I have no wife anymore so that comment of yours is totally irrelevant.

And I am too tired of explaining that 95db applies to public roads. I have never mentioned off road EVER. Stop trying to confuse the issue with ON/OFF road. Most of us live at the side of a public road not in some private jungle used as a race track.

Breaking on law does not and never will be an excuse for breaking another. Everyday I and my neighbors have to put up with one idiot who has an illegal exhaust and so some reason feels it necessary to sit on his bike and rev rev the engine. He and others like him should be removed from the road. Selfish little bastard.

YOU claimed that the dealers are selling illegal goods - in general, hence why I mentioned race tracks - and THAT was nonsense. They are not illegal goods. That's all I argued about.

This will be my last reply to you as I think you have trouble comprehending the argument and are just bitter because you hold some grudge against someone with a loud exhaust. Cheers.

I have more respect for the people around me than to constantly annoy them with selfish loud noises. And yes if he does not soon change his ways police will be called. It has been done before and the police have been most cooperative and helpful in making selfish loud noise makers quiet.

What makes you think that he is in the right to make noise and I should have no recourse to quieten him down. I have no wife anymore so that comment of yours is totally irrelevant.

What happened? She left you for a guy with a loud exhaust? biggrin.png

YOU claimed that the dealers are selling illegal goods - in general, hence why I mentioned race tracks - and THAT was nonsense. They are not illegal goods. That's all I argued about.

This will be my last reply to you as I think you have trouble comprehending the argument and are just bitter because you hold some grudge against someone with a loud exhaust. Cheers.

They are illegal if they are meant for public road use and have exhausts that emit noise levels over 95db. How difficult is it for you to comprehend that? Never has this thread been about off road bikes. DELETED

Edited by seedy
bickering

DELETED

I've riden Harleys and sportbikes. I've had LOUD pipes on both. I would be dead if I didn't. Countless times I've had cars start to change into my lane without looking and I goose the throttle a bit and they jump from the loud noise and stay in their lane until I've passed by or slowed down for them to change over.

DELETED

Good luck!

Try the horn next time.

I applaud any policeman who gives a fine for loud motorcycles.

It's a "Look at Me" thing

Everyone knows that.

Imagine a world where everyone was that loud.

On my first visit to Bangkok in 1996 almost all the motorbikes where still 2 strokes, the noise and smell as everyone raced away from the green light was quite a thing to experience.

Edited by johng

I don't ride at night. (too dangerous). I never drive around in populated areas. And I certainly do not try to irritate people. Thai on the other hand try to make as much noise as possible, cars, trucks, big and small, or motor bikes.

Agreed. Bikes often go past my condo setting off car alarms and causing my sliding door to vibrate

I often see the 3 fails in my book, 2,teenagers on a bike. no helmets, no lights.

• 2 months later...

I just got a ticket, confiscated license, police friend will sort it but says the law was changed in Thailand.

All car and motorbike mods are illegal... so he says.

I still think the government office can ok mods and document them in the green book.... but is it worth the arguments.

I don't like loud noises either but standard motorbike exhausts are way too quiet to be safe.

Edited by piewarmer

Please stop spreading the rumor that all modifications to cars or motorbikes are illegal. It's simply not true. If you got an aftermarket exhaust with a TIS stamp, everything is fine. You can paint your car/bike also however you fancy (limits apply, you can't paint it like a police car for example). But it has to be checked and entered into the greenbook at the DLT.

53 minutes ago, piewarmer said:

All car and motorbike mods are illegal... so he says.

I still think the government office can ok mods and document them in the green book.... but is it worth the arguments.

Only stating events eisfeld, I call it a rumour by adding "so he says"

I have a sheet from the testing shop showing 94dBm but they fobbed that off. 

All modifications need to be legal , so correct color lights , exhaust system with the TIS stamp etc , but they also need to be added ( at the DLT office ) to the green / blue book to be fully correct , to the letter of the law. The police are clamping down on many things , that were overlooked previously.

13 hours ago, possum1931 said:

There is no excuse for overloud exhausts, and I hope those responsible get the book thrown at them.

Very unsociable people they are.

Must say l luv a car that whispers along and like the factory exhaust on my Versys the after market ones are ugly nasty looking things IMO of course.

When younger straight though exhaust on cars, race exhausts on motorbikes lovely jubberly.:lol: :D