mmigration in Phuket, interviewing my Philippine gf and accusing of illegal work

indieke

Well, the trauma been treated like that has something to do with it or not, but days after this, after 6 years she broke up with me, saying now our relation has become to stressful....

Sure not the only reason, but then I am just accepting the situation, she is shy, and not want to go through this stress again.....

SO I have arranged 11 trips to Thailand from Philippines, and to be treated like a sex tourist is very low. I had long term relations with two nice girls, and my actual gf I know for 6 years, had only me as a bf, and is a gem. No money chaser like many Thai girls, and real affectionate. So if we decide to go on holiday in Thailand it is our choice, and we are not novices. Phil immigration always been difficult, but good argumentation, proof and a decent look, have never give any problem.

So in all these trips, Thai immigration, never even blink at her passport, if necessary, extension never a problem. So if now an officer accuse my gf for a stay of only 6 weeks, not even use all of her extension, is something to think about. A decent girl be treated like a criminal also. If she would have been an illegal worker, she would have had a visa, had extension for months, and not a stay for only 6 weeks and months between her visit to the Kingdom. Abuse of power, nothing more. But we learn from it, and now always will have enough proof to show an idiot that she is just on holiday. Which not means I not understand the problem of illegal Phil workers, with a bit of good will, she not fit that profile at all, except her nationality. An Arab is not a bomber because he is Muslim, A Belgian like me, not only eat fries!

What a storm in a teacup!

Your gfs have made a total of 11 trips into Thailand without a " blink" from Thai Immigration although Phil Immigration are "always difficult."

And then, on her last departure, an officer notices all the Thai cachets in her passport and asks questions about her activities here. Immigration are quite entitled to do that, it is not an "abuse of power" or "treating someone like a criminal", it is their job.

An officer can't know what the purpose of all the visits are, could reasonably suspect they may be working illegally, and doesn't know if she is a "decent girl" or not. The purpose of the interview is to ascertain these facts.

As someone else pointed out, many Filipinos work in Thailand both legally and illegally

In fact, more than 10 million Filipinos are working overseas at any given time. Their salaries contribute around 13.5% of their countries' GDP. Higher than any other country. They have a special term for these workers - Overseas Filipinos. It's a quite reasonable assumption that your girl may have been working here.

To react like this because of an interview at a border is very naïve,

SO I have arranged 11 trips to Thailand from Philippines, and to be treated like a sex tourist is very low. I had long term relations with two nice girls, and my actual gf I know for 6 years, had only me as a bf, and is a gem. No money chaser like many Thai girls, and real affectionate. So if we decide to go on holiday in Thailand it is our choice, and we are not novices. Phil immigration always been difficult, but good argumentation, proof and a decent look, have never give any problem.

So in all these trips, Thai immigration, never even blink at her passport, if necessary, extension never a problem. So if now an officer accuse my gf for a stay of only 6 weeks, not even use all of her extension, is something to think about. A decent girl be treated like a criminal also. If she would have been an illegal worker, she would have had a visa, had extension for months, and not a stay for only 6 weeks and months between her visit to the Kingdom. Abuse of power, nothing more. But we learn from it, and now always will have enough proof to show an idiot that she is just on holiday. Which not means I not understand the problem of illegal Phil workers, with a bit of good will, she not fit that profile at all, except her nationality. An Arab is not a bomber because he is Muslim, A Belgian like me, not only eat fries!

What a storm in a teacup!

Your gfs have made a total of 11 trips into Thailand without a " blink" from Thai Immigration although Phil Immigration are "always difficult."

And then, on her last departure, an officer notices all the Thai cachets in her passport and asks questions about her activities here. Immigration are quite entitled to do that, it is not an "abuse of power" or "treating someone like a criminal", it is their job.

An officer can't know what the purpose of all the visits are, could reasonably suspect they may be working illegally, and doesn't know if she is a "decent girl" or not. The purpose of the interview is to ascertain these facts.

As someone else pointed out, many Filipinos work in Thailand both legally and illegally

In fact, more than 10 million Filipinos are working overseas at any given time. Their salaries contribute around 13.5% of their countries' GDP. Higher than any other country. They have a special term for these workers - Overseas Filipinos. It's a quite reasonable assumption that your girl may have been working here.

To react like this because of an interview at a border is very naïve,

That would be true, if they would just ask politely some questions. Not putting her in a little office, shouting she was working in Thailand, threatening she go to jail and she must confess. That is called intimidation. And as my gf looks innocent, she looks an easy target, hoping she starts to cry? I can understand that 6 trips, could make him suspicious, but not the length of stay. Frequently also 7 months between two voyages. And very unlikely someone would hire her for 6 weeks, that is just the time to get used to a job.

And if the stamps would make them suspicious, well I have much more then her, and again when she leaves it is too late, if she came there to work, they have no proof, so they should have bothered her, coming into Thailand, not by leaving.

Before anyone 'kicks off' I do "qualify" to post on this forum.

I would suggest that it is not the 'outsiders' who should be barred but the many (they know who they are) who can never comment without kicking out at Thais or Thailand. It is them that are a disgrace.

Archived