Hangry Thais go berserk when store re-stocks 'rare' Japanese ice cream

webfact

Hangry Thais go berserk when store re-stocks 'rare' Japanese ice cream (VIDEO)
By Coconuts Bangkok

glico.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A video of Thais pushing each other at a 7-Eleven store to get their hands on popular Japanese branded ice cream went viral this week — despite doubts from netizens that the footage could be the brand’s marketing scheme.

The video shows a dozen locals going berserk and shoveling Glico ice creams from the cardboard boxes into their baskets like hungry zombies. Obviously, they didn’t waste time waiting for the store to put the ice creams into the freezer first.

The Glico ice cream, which is a “must-eat” snack for Thais when visiting Japan, hit Thai stores in January and has created a stir of excitement among the locals.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/04/07/hangry-thais-go-berserk-when-store-re-stocks-rare-japanese-ice-cream-video

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-04-07

Tokyo has HUGE snackshops and the Thai there also go crazy.

My wife bought loads of the Kitkat Cheesepie for all her friends. Those things are expensive and sold in Japan only.

While we were back in BKK there was one Cheesepie for me, when i opened the box it happened to be some small kitkats with cheesepie flavour. Nothing special! I expected a cheesepie in the box cheesy.gif

Also she bought ALL the pistachenuts covered in crispy greentea coating, they were also expensive but her friends would pay her back she said. While she was loading baskets full of them another thai lady came to ask her if they were nice, she said yes so the lady would go to another shop to buy them as well.

I agree that the Japanese have great products but the way Thai act on them is insane.

Also MOS-burger had huge qeueu's when they came to BKK, now they are not popular anymore.

Muji Japan has great greentea filled marshmellows, i wished they brought those to BKK.tongue.png

Hangry is a great word. Can only be used about Thais, though, who manage to be Hungry and Angry at the same time

What a great deduction Sherlock. Soon u could upgrade for polar position amongst the tv armchair detectives to voice your theories !!!!

Very very disappointing. The article stated they were like "hungry zombies " but everybody already knows that zombies do not move this fast.

The chubby 7-11 shoppers are fun to watch as they scurry for the fat food.

Love the guy in the yellow shirt at the top right grab the girl by the shoulder and shove her out of the way.

Happens in the video at time 0:23.

I didn't see that. I watched it a few times. At 0:23, he's off screen then walks away.

Certainly Coconuts intends to parallel the Chinese prawn video, and quotes ones guy about just that.

Same dynamic going on here, just not the same fever pitch as the Chinese video.

Anyway, it's human behavior. We all have the same potential but our triggers are set differently.

......another great headline.....

...can you consider hiring some native English speakers.....

.....another great comment.....

.....can you consider making a vague attempt to keep up with the language native English speakers under 60 use?

Edited by SoiBiker