Relatives of seven army officers apologize to their dead victim

rooster59

"... after relatives of the alleged perpetrators had apologized ..."

Wow...Kill someone. Get crazy Uncle Somchai to apologize for you. All is forgiven.

Makes sense to me blink.png

The family of the victim wanted them to apologise at the funeral.

Edited by Bluespunk

Wow...Kill someone. Get crazy Uncle Somchai to apologize for you. All is forgiven.

no the mother wanted the actual perpetrators to apologize to the victim's 'spirit' then it got downgraded to the relatives,whatever it's a nonsense and all around animism, it only makes the perpetrators feel 'better' (and maybe the family) but it has no place in any justice system and detracts from the crime

no the mother wanted the actual perpetrators to apologize to the victim's 'spirit' then it got downgraded to the relatives,whatever it's a nonsense and all around animism, it only makes the perpetrators feel 'better' (and maybe the family) but it has no place in any justice system and detracts from the crime

Nice points, IMHO there are cultural / spirit aspects to this which most of us (farangs) will probably never fully understand..

I have no proof whatever but I somehow doubt she was intending for the 'officer thugs' to apologize on site to the young mans body so that she could then forgive them.

I do suspect she was trying to make them show deeper immediate respect for the death of her son and also wanting them to squirm and be very deeply embarrassed.

Perhaps all of the above is in the picture.

I agree but the fact is the only reason the apology happened was because the mother raised the issue. It wasn't the idea of the accused and it wasn't them who dreamt it up as a PR stunt.

This country doesn't have the b*lls to "do the right thing" for cases like this.Its always turn the other way!..and in this case...prosecute and convict those who are responsible for this tragic event...and this is why this kind of crap will continue to go on here...

Say your sorry?????...are you serious?

One wonders if the animals and their handlers feel any remorse, somehow I doubt it. When you see the calibre of military leaders in this country such as those claiming to be a legitimate government, it is understandable that many of the rank and file under them are pitiful, gutless morons.