Phuket Bike Week 2016 commenced to promote ASEAN motorcycle tourism

webfact

Phuket Bike Week 2016 commenced to promote ASEAN motorcycle tourism

PHUKET, 11 April 2016, (NNT) - The 22nd Phuket Bike Week has officially commenced in the province's famous Patong Beach and the capital district from April 8 - 16.

The event is being organized by the Phuket Bike Week Association in collaboration with several local offices as well as the Ride Thailand Magazine, Phuket Big Bike Club and Singha Corporation Co Ltd.

Phuket Bike Week aims to establish Phuket as a global hub for both land and maritime tourism, while promoting the province as the biggest annual motorcycle gathering event in Asia.

The fair, whose theme for this year is "ASEAN Ride Together," is split into two stages. The first stage is being held from April 8 - 10 in Patong Beach and the second will be organized from April 15 - 16 in the capital district. More than 50,000 bikers from 30 nations around the globe are expected to participate, bringing with them more than 10,000 motorcycles.

Members of the public can admire motorcycle parades as well as a motor show featuring collectibles and classics, as well as custom motorcycles and debut models. Other highlighted activities include beauty pageants, concerts and exhibitions on global warming and road safety, to name a few.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-04-11 footer_n.gif

So they want to clutter all the beach roads with more traffic,don't get me wrong because I'm a biker but it's the last place you need to be.also it's not really up there safety wise.i nearly died on kata hill,then got a pick up and that has handle bar dents all over after the tuk tuk drivers keyed it up in the night.the place to have bike weekenders ect is places like buriram stadium that can cater for it.i live in udon Thani now and we have up to 4 lanes wide and parking and as long as you stay away from cars and watch out for buffalo your ok.phuket is a sardine tin.

I have barely seen any big bikes on the roads over the weekend. There used to be much more bikers on the road during the bike week in previous years. I checked the schedule and only the Gymkhana next saturday looked interesting to me so I'll probably check that out.

I have barely seen any big bikes on the roads over the weekend. There used to be much more bikers on the road during the bike week in previous years. I checked the schedule and only the Gymkhana next saturday looked interesting to me so I'll probably check that out.

Really .... I saw a big pack of big bikers roaring through Karon main street yesterday.

Many other small groups roaring about.

Edited by LivinginKata

Really .... I saw a big pack of big bikers roaring through Karon main street yesterday.

Many other small groups roaring about.

I saw just a few packs of big bikes on the roads while the event was being held in Patong. In the evening at the event venue on the beach, a few dozen big bikes on the beach, and large number of scooters parked along the road north of Bangla. Certainly nowhere near the number of big bikes you would expect to support a claim of 10,000 bikes participating. Maybe most of the supposed 50,000 bikers were riding Honda Waves, 5 to a bike?