Hitachi turbine pump,best thing since sliced bread ?

pokerkid

So i am looking for a constant pressure water pump for a 2 story building which has 4 bathrooms. I was in home pro and the staff told me that this new pump could give water to 7 outlets simultaneously. Its only 150 watt and is supposed to give 60 liters a minute. I did some measuring and 1 shower uses 9 liters a minute (that is with a rain shower head). So 4 showers and 3 sinks at the same time will not exceed 60 liters a minute i think.

Anybody knows anything about this new turbine pump ?

post-63974-0-69803800-1460388368_thumb.j

Interesting pump - thanks for the heads up smile.png

Here's a spec PDF that puts it against some pumps I know well: http://www.hitachiconsumer.com/docs/default-source/default-document-library/water-pump-brochure-final.pdf?sfvrsn=0

I have / have used the WM-P750GX, WM-P400GX and the WM-P150GX2.

The problem with this turbine pump is the head height - 12M makes it unsuitable for a two storey house. For a single storey house it is comparable to the WM-P400GX, which can run 3 showers with great pressure, with 4 or more on you'll start to notice flow rates/pressure dropping - yes, the brochure says it can support 7 wink.png

The other "problem" with the turbine pump is that it's not true constant pressure like the WM-P inverters. But it's still an interesting thing - as Worf said, it seems to be doing something pretty magical to move those numbers from such little electricity. It's also probably only suitable for supply from an on-ground tank, due to it's small suction head - but most people don't use in-ground tanks anyway (not a great idea unless you have incredible drainage).

For 2-storey you're going to want extra head height though - bearing in mind that horizontal runs also add to head height - that number is not just the vertical lift.

Edited by IMHO

That's 60 litres a minute with the 1 inch outlet wide open at the pump face. Definitely not after the water has been through a maze of 1/2" pipes angles and tees and then to your upstairs rain shower.

I think the main benefit of this pump is its compact and claims to be quiet. But I expect it is very similar to other 150 watt pumps.

Saturday I will check with the Buriram water pump technician who repairs my Hitachi Inverter water pump and obtain his opinion on the new line of Hitachi Automatic Turbine Pumps. Hitachi Pumps are distributed in Thailand by two reputable wholesalers, Toyobo is a major distributor as is Hitachi Sales Thailand. Prices on Hitachi water pumps and actual policy of warranty repairs can vary from retailer to retailer in my observation.

post-20604-0-15016300-1460651919_thumb.j

I saw the Hitachi turbine pump exhibit in a Homepro store, settup, running, pumping water, etc. The pump is indeed quite...being so quite caught my attention for about minute and I thought it must have some good pressure specs. But after looking at it specs I lost interest. Even with a 60L/minute pumping capacity, as already mentioned the discharge head height is only 12M and output pressure is only a low 1.3-1.7 bars. Now once they release a higher pressure turbine pump which will also increase its discharge head height, like getting up around 2.8 bars I may be interested if's it's still really quite.

IMHO: That was not my own Hitachi Water Pump in the photo taken at the Buriram Hitachi Authorized repair Service Center. I have been very satisfied with the Hitachi WM-P400EX Inverter water pump that I had installed in May 2008 to serve a two level home in a small town in Buriram. I bought the Hitachi water pump, a pressure tank, several 2000 liter anti Bacteria with UV Stabilizer water storage tanks and two sediment filters from a Buriram Water Pump shop with staff to delivery, install and maintain the water treatment for my home. Eight years later I might select a different water pump, and different brand of water filtration for my next single story home.

post-20604-0-60040800-1460714898_thumb.j

Looks like a nuclear power station emergency backup cooling unit. Seriously, nice setup. And having those anti-bacteria storage tanks which means they have nano silver internal coatings is the way to go, but you pay more for such tanks which are well worth the price IMO. When I recently bought my 2000L polymer storage tank I found out from my pre-buy research if you buy a tank with anti-bacteria silver nano coating everything else good for a water storage tank pretty much just falls in place. I'm amazed at the various water system setups people have...no such thing as a standard setup to fit everyone's needs.

In some of these pictures I think I'm seeing some nuclear centrifuges redesigned just a little to disguise them as sand filters and pressure tanks. So don't be surprised if a North Korean or Iranian knock on your door one day asking if you want to sell your filter/tank. tongue.png

post-55970-0-35260200-1460775849_thumb.j

Saturday I will check with the Buriram water pump technician who repairs my Hitachi Inverter water pump and obtain his opinion on the new line of Hitachi Automatic Turbine Pumps. Hitachi Pumps are distributed in Thailand by two reputable wholesalers, Toyobo is a major distributor as is Hitachi Sales Thailand. Prices on Hitachi water pumps and actual policy of warranty repairs can vary from retailer to retailer in my observation.

what was his opinion ?

That's 60 litres a minute with the 1 inch outlet wide open at the pump face. Definitely not after the water has been through a maze of 1/2" pipes angles and tees and then to your upstairs rain shower.

I think the main benefit of this pump is its compact and claims to be quiet. But I expect it is very similar to other 150 watt pumps.

its not even a 1 inch inlet but 3/4 of an inch according to the specs on the pdf file.

Interesting pump - thanks for the heads up smile.png

Here's a spec PDF that puts it against some pumps I know well: http://www.hitachiconsumer.com/docs/default-source/default-document-library/water-pump-brochure-final.pdf?sfvrsn=0

I have / have used the WM-P750GX, WM-P400GX and the WM-P150GX2.

The problem with this turbine pump is the head height - 12M makes it unsuitable for a two storey house. For a single storey house it is comparable to the WM-P400GX, which can run 3 showers with great pressure, with 4 or more on you'll start to notice flow rates/pressure dropping - yes, the brochure says it can support 7 wink.png

The other "problem" with the turbine pump is that it's not true constant pressure like the WM-P inverters. But it's still an interesting thing - as Worf said, it seems to be doing something pretty magical to move those numbers from such little electricity. It's also probably only suitable for supply from an on-ground tank, due to it's small suction head - but most people don't use in-ground tanks anyway (not a great idea unless you have incredible drainage).

For 2-storey you're going to want extra head height though - bearing in mind that horizontal runs also add to head height - that number is not just the vertical lift.

for another 2 story house i use a 150 watt pump (hitachi wm-p150gx2) without any problems . the pump is located in the basement 2,5 meters under the floor of the first level so almost 3 levels to pump . The turbine pump has the same 12 meter total discharge head so i do not expect any problems there. Its only when more then 2 showers get used simultaneously that the water pressure drops, hence my interest in this new turbine pump.

Also Hitachi calculates total discharge head multiplying pipe length x 0.1

post-63974-0-89295300-1460871350_thumb.j