Avoid Zoe during Songkran

JacksSmirkingRevenge

Anyone see the Thai guy cutting the foreigners with the broken beer bottle last night in front of 7-11, down the street from Zoe? Only took the police 45 minutes to get there.

Never seen a guy so filled with hate and rage. His English was excellent as he screamed for all the white people to go back to their country, this is Thailand, I will kill all of you white mother <deleted!>, and so on. Total rage. He even muay Thai kicked a tourist woman and knocked her into broken glass on the ground, cutting her up, adding her to the list of cut tourists. I doubt the police found him, as he was long gone by the time the police arrived.

It was quite the scene.

what time? i drove down the road about midnight but did not see any commotion.

'Never seen a guy so filled with hate and rage. His English was excellent as he screamed for all the white people to go back to their country, this is Thailand, I will kill all of you white mother <deleted!>, and so on.'

there is a seething undercurrent of racism, jealousy and bitterness towards foreigners all hidden behind a fake smile that a lot of people either refuse to see or acknowledge

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone see the Thai guy cutting the foreigners with the broken beer bottle last night in front of 7-11, down the street from Zoe? Only took the police 45 minutes to get there.

Never seen a guy so filled with hate and rage. His English was excellent as he screamed for all the white people to go back to their country, this is Thailand, I will kill all of you white mother <deleted!>, and so on. Total rage. He even muay Thai kicked a tourist woman and knocked her into broken glass on the ground, cutting her up, adding her to the list of cut tourists. I doubt the police found him, as he was long gone by the time the police arrived.

It was quite the scene.

'Never seen a guy so filled with hate and rage. His English was excellent as he screamed for all the white people to go back to their country, this is Thailand, I will kill all of you white mother <deleted!>, and so on.'

there is a seething undercurrent of racism, jealousy and bitterness towards foreigners all hidden behind a fake smile that a lot of people either refuse to see or acknowledge

There really isn't. Sure some Thais resent the white folks in their country; just like lots of the White people here spit racist hate about black people, Polish people, Mexican people, etc. in their own countries. Racist stupidity isn't unique to any race. Most of the Thais I meet are just trying to get along with the world and have no "undercurrent of racism, jealousy or indeed bitterness towards foreigners". People tend to reap what they sow. If you go through life expecting hate - you'll project that hate and receive it which, in turn, will confirm your prejudices and keep the cycle ticking. Go through life expecting respect, decency, honesty, etc. and you'll find that instead.

By all means prepare for the worst but expect the best from people - it's amazing what a difference that makes in life.

It was quite the scene.

There really isn't. Sure some Thais resent the white folks in their country; just like lots of the White people here spit racist hate about black people, Polish people, Mexican people, etc. in their own countries. Racist stupidity isn't unique to any race. Most of the Thais I meet are just trying to get along with the world and have no "undercurrent of racism, jealousy or indeed bitterness towards foreigners". People tend to reap what they sow. If you go through life expecting hate - you'll project that hate and receive it which, in turn, will confirm your prejudices and keep the cycle ticking. Go through life expecting respect, decency, honesty, etc. and you'll find that instead.

By all means prepare for the worst but expect the best from people - it's amazing what a difference that makes in life.

most would be happy if farang money kept coming in but farang didn't, you only need to sit and listen and you will hear the derogatory comments thais make about foreigners when they are unaware you can understand, if you think the smiles and feigned politeness is genuine then good luck and enjoy! smile.png

It was quite the scene.

most would be happy if farang money kept coming in but farang didn't, you only need to sit and listen and you will hear the derogatory comments thais make about foreigners when they are unaware you can understand, if you think the smiles and feigned politeness is genuine then good luck and enjoy! smile.png

I'm certain this is true at the "drink all you can for $1" bars. Yet, my Thai (particularly when it comes to insults) is pretty good and despite this "they're all slagging us off all the time" nonsense I hear about.... I don't actually hear it in real life. I occasionally overhear someone comment on my weight (for I am indeed a fat bar steward) but never on my race. If you find that people are being racist to you everywhere - why are you here?

Most smiles are genuine. Most people here are incredibly polite. If the company you keep makes you believe otherwise; it's probably time to change that company.

It was quite the scene.

I was sat at the door in the irish bar,opposite 7-11 from 9oclock till gone11,and though 7-11 was busy never saw any trouble.me thinks, There is lots of trolls with vivid imagination,posting on tv lately.

It was quite the scene.

I was sat at the door in the irish bar,opposite 7-11 from 9oclock till gone11,and though 7-11 was busy never saw any trouble.me thinks, There is lots of trolls with vivid imagination,posting on tv lately.

If this actually happened, and it's not beyond the realms of possibility either here or anywhere else on the planet, it should be on TV news simply to warn expats to take care. Putting the post down to 'trolls with vivid imagination' is unfortunately par for the course these days, but something like this should be taken seriously rather than dissed as an attempt to increase hits to the site - or whatever the reason.

Things are definitely not what they used to be, guys.

Yet, my Thai (particularly when it comes to insults) is pretty good and despite this "they're all slagging us off all the time" nonsense I hear about.... I don't actually hear it in real life. I occasionally overhear someone comment on my weight (for I am indeed a fat bar steward) but never on my race.

According to the 'avoid Zoe in Yellow' thread, not only was a Thai insulting foreign tourists in English but cutting them with broken glass.

Then in the thread I started about 'Chinese Tourists', I was definitely called a <deleted> <deleted> by a Thai tour guide as he almost walked under my car not looking in the road.

Two incidents in CM in the last month, so it can't be that uncommon.

I've been coming here for years, never seen this type of behaviour from Thais before this year, things are changing for the worse at an alarming rate.

Anti-white feelings seem to be encouraged by the general, and the government, and it's having an effect on the Thai citizens.

Yet, my Thai (particularly when it comes to insults) is pretty good and despite this "they're all slagging us off all the time" nonsense I hear about.... I don't actually hear it in real life. I occasionally overhear someone comment on my weight (for I am indeed a fat bar steward) but never on my race.

According to the 'avoid Zoe in Yellow' thread, not only was a Thai insulting foreign tourists in English but cutting them with broken glass.

Then in the thread I started about 'Chinese Tourists', I was definitely called a 'f&^%$£g ar£$"%*e' by a Thai tour guide as he almost walked under my car not looking in the road.

I've been coming here for years, never seen this type of behaviour from Thais before this year, things are changing for the worse at an alarming rate.

Anti-white feelings seem to be encouraged by the general, and the government, and it's having an effect on the Thai citizens.

According to the "Zoe in Yellow Thread" eyewitnesses say no such incident took place. It's one of the things you'd remember I reckon - a guy going bezerk and attacking people in public; even here in Thailand... that stuff makes the news - the fact that it didn't suggests it's fantasy.

You nearly run someone over and they're rude to you? I can't see that happening anywhere in the world... oh wait, yes I can. Absolutely everywhere, in fact. Hardly a good case for "all Thais are racist" more like... "no-one likes to be run over".

Stop taking anecdotal incidents - one of which is most likely to be pure fiction and the other triggered by a stressful situation - and extrapolating this to "all Thais hate white people". I've been in Asia for 15 years. For 15 years people have said; "The locals are racist, dishonest, hateful, spiteful, and it's getting worse." Yet my own experiences and those of others who lead similar lives lead me to conclude that the only place this is true is inside the heads of those not fit to handle life anywhere.

The only "racism" I've encountered in Thailand was when an old lady (who is friends with my girlfriend's mother) asked me if it was true that we're all hung like rhinos. I could have turned this into a psychologically scarring incident but instead accepted the comment with the good humour in which it was intended. She later brought me a selection of over sized root vegetables to compare my appendage to. I laughed then as well. It wasn't "race hate" but a bonding exercise.

Get over yourself. I listen to the farang of Thailand and the barang of Cambodia and Westerners everywhere prop up bars bleating about how their countries have been "over run" by Muslims, blacks, Jews, and anyone else they can hate. Then they find similar hatred for themselves here. It's really no surprise. You don't change from being a prejudiced wonk just because you changed the country you are in. Thais are no more and no less human than anyone else. Yes, there are racists (because there are racists everywhere) but most Thais are not racists nor are they seeking out farang to abuse; just like everywhere else in the world.

It was quite the scene.

I'm certain this is true at the "drink all you can for $1" bars. Yet, my Thai (particularly when it comes to insults) is pretty good and despite this "they're all slagging us off all the time" nonsense I hear about.... I don't actually hear it in real life. I occasionally overhear someone comment on my weight (for I am indeed a fat bar steward) but never on my race. If you find that people are being racist to you everywhere - why are you here?

Most smiles are genuine. Most people here are incredibly polite. If the company you keep makes you believe otherwise; it's probably time to change that company.

the racism applies to all foreigners, look at the treatment and attitudes towards Burmese from most thais.

why am i here? i did six months in 2013, 2014 and 2015. I have just finished up three months here this year, im not invested in thailand either financially or emotionally, i come and go and maybe i wont come again. I find people that are stuck here generally hold on deeply to the idea that Thailand is paradise and can see no fault with the place.

the company i keep? i have overhead racist remarks and the usual why dont foreigners go home etc in coffee shops in the sois off nimanim, i have friends far better at speaking thai than i and they recount similar experiences

a post just a few days ago on this very forum about the prices of the gym at hillside 4 produced this reply

-'I used to go there until the little bully of a manager told me he doesn't like foreigners and that Thailand is for Thais. At least he was honest.'

Please feel free to imply that i wear a chang singlet, have a beer belly and spend 24/7 in the red light districts

why am i here? i did six months in 2013, 2014 and 2015. I have just finished up three months here this year, im not invested in thailand either financially or emotionally, i come and go and maybe i wont come again. I find people that are stuck here generally hold on deeply to the idea that Thailand is paradise and can see no fault with the place.

Same for me, couple of months a year is enough now, let's add to the list of anti-foreigner events.

The Pattaya American 'eating in public' photographed and identified, the girl blurred out.

The dreadlock guy arrested shirtless in CM, yet dozens of Thai kids and adults were jumping in the moat shirtless less than 100m away.

Huay Tung Tao, price for foreigner entrance raised to 50bht, Thais still 20bht.

Free entrance to National parks for Thai families this week, but not any foreigners in those families.

'white guy' arrested for throwing water over Thai.

The anti-foreigner events reported and experienced everywhere are endless.

Edited by BritManToo

Same for me, couple of months a year is enough now, let's add to the list of anti-foreigner events.

The Pattaya American 'eating in public' photographed and identified, the girl blurred out.

The dreadlock guy arrested shirtless in CM, yet dozens of Thai kids and adults were jumping in the moat shirtless less than 100m away.

Huay Tung Tao, price for foreigner entrance raised to 50bht, Thais still 20bht.

Free entrance to National parks for Thai families this week, but not any foreigners in those families.

The anti-foreigner events reported and experienced everywhere are endless.

No idea about the "Pattaya American"

The dreadlocked guy was not the only person arrested for being shirtless a number of Thai males were arrested (and fined 5 times as much as the dreadlocked guy too) - no racism.

Foreigner pricing for national sites is set by law. There is no "anti-foreignerism" about it at all. It's an expectation that visitors to sites, who are not Thai, can pay for the care of those sites. It's incredibly sensible and not in the slightest "racist" - it applies equally to all foreign nationals.

The "anti-foreigner" events reported in most cases appear to be fantasy or indeed plain BS.

I have no investment in Thailand. I am fortunate enough to go where I want and when I want to do so. I've been here 6 months. I only speak Thai because my ex-girlfriend was Thai (and we lived together for a long time in Cambodia). So, let's stop the "you're stuck here it has to be paradise on earth" stuff too. You're a pair of drama queens. This is a common pattern in English-speaking expatriate communities the world over. If you're not 100% happy and treated like the imperial colonists you expect to be treated like; the locals must be racist. Everything becomes an "anti-foreigner" plot and that plot remains entirely in your own heads and of your own making.

The dreadlocked guy was not the only person arrested for being shirtless a number of Thai males were arrested (and fined 5 times as much as the dreadlocked guy too) - no racism.

If you're not 100% happy and treated like the imperial colonists you expect to be treated like; the locals must be racist.

No, those other guys were Burmese, more foreigners.

I live quite a lot of the year in France and Spain, none of them treat me like an imperial colonist, and they don't insult me.

(unless you consider 'monsieur' or 'senor' to be insults)

Edited by BritManToo

It was quite the scene.

Was a little after 1 I think. Everyone was leaving Zoe. They were closing a little later during Songkran and the masses were moving up the street.

It was quite the scene.

Since it didn't happen between 9 - 11 when you were at the pub, it must not have happened.

Solid logic.

Where do they find you people?

You do know Zoe's closes later than 11, don't you?

It was quite the scene.

Was a little after 1 I think. Everyone was leaving Zoe. They were closing a little later during Songkran and the masses were moving up the street.

zoe closed at midnight on Saturday,Place was empty by 12-30.

Then in the thread I started about 'Chinese Tourists', I was definitely called a 'f&^%$£g ar£$"%*e' by a Thai tour guide as he almost walked under my car not looking in the road.

According to the "Zoe in Yellow Thread" eyewitnesses say no such incident took place. It's one of the things you'd remember I reckon - a guy going bezerk and attacking people in public; even here in Thailand... that stuff makes the news - the fact that it didn't suggests it's fantasy.

Because everything that happens makes the news. How long have you been here? Do you have any idea how much stuff happens that never makes the news, especially late night bar shenanigans, fights, accidents, and so on.

Before calling me a liar because 1 guy at an Irish pub didn't see anything during the 2 hours (9 - 11) he was there, march your lazy *** down to the police station and ask them about it. I'm sure the late night 7-11 staff could tell you about it too. There was an entire street of people who witnessed this, including several injured foreigners.

I'll be here waiting for your apology when you finally get around to asking the police about it.

It was quite the scene.

zoe closed at midnight on Saturday,Place was empty by 12-30.

It's a good thing you noticed I posted this before Saturday, when Zoe was open at least until 1am during Songkran, with the street riff raff hanging about for another 30 - 45 minutes outside.

Anyone who was there during Songkran and stayed until closing can confirm this.

Because everything that happens makes the news. How long have you been here? Do you have any idea how much stuff happens that never makes the news, especially late night bar shenanigans, fights, accidents, and so on.

Before calling me a liar because 1 guy at an Irish pub didn't see anything during the 2 hours (9 - 11) he was there, march your lazy *** down to the police station and ask them about it. I'm sure the late night 7-11 staff could tell you about it too. There was an entire street of people who witnessed this, including several injured foreigners.

I'll be here waiting for your apology when you finally get around to asking the police about it.

I asked about this "incident" in that 7-11... they asked if the person reporting this had had too much to drink on the night in question. They have no recollection of the event at all. Though they did say that there are minor scuffles between drunk folks all the time after Zoe kicks out.