American Style Ribs? Where?

moonseeker

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold the Fort......I would figure out when he is doing them and call him.......Dont just show up and expect ribs......if it were me I would go there for breakfast, have the eggs benedict......and then get the info. My ribs take me a day to prepare and in the low season I reckon ol Eddie is takin orders....

Anybody can point me to a place that serves some juicy & tasty US-style BBQ-ribs in Central Pattaya these days? Thank you kindly. MS>

I've heard that you can get some pretty good ribs in New Orleans. Not far from Pattaya, as the crow flies....

See ya. ????

Hold the Fort......I would figure out when he is doing them and call him.......Dont just show up and expect ribs......if it were me I would go there for breakfast, have the eggs benedict......and then get the info. My ribs take me a day to prepare and in the low season I reckon ol Eddie is takin orders....

Lately it's been rib smoking on the weekends, along with the chicken. You're probably right to check before you go, I usually get a SMS about the ribs though.

Sure.....not in the same league as a proper bbq not grilled rack of ribs........American style....

they were in a rack, when they were taken off the wood fired hibachi, and cut into single ribs. The biggest difference would be the sauce, which runs about half high fructose corn syrup in the US, was missing.

Edited by KhonKaenKowboy

I have shown up for breakfast at 10am and others were eating ribs. They are served Fri-Sun and the only problem would be if they ran out. That was a problem early on but they have been increasing their inventory. The original style ribs are terrific, more tender than the smoked ones, and would be worth a trip from Bangkok.

Great...a wood fired hibachi.....or a grill. Ribs bbq ed the right way are cooked low and slow for at least half a day......if your loving gnawing thai ribs then great....

but they aint bbq ribs.....

Tequila Reef doesn't get any love around here anymore, but they do have ribs:

http://www.tequilareefpattaya.com/menu.html

I have no idea as to quality.

used to be very good and on the least expensive side of things. Last visit they were sub par, clearly were not fresh, etc. They got worse year after year as business seemed to have declined. used to go to new Orleans over there on Soi 13 something, but found tequila reef better. Oh well

Tigglebitties in South Pattaya has US Southern sweet sauce bar-b-q ribs that fall off the bones and/or bar-b-q chicken on Monday nights. 299 Bt gets you a rack ribs, or you can get chicken, or half and half. The bar-b-q comes with one side.

Here is the address and a link to the Google Map showing where they are located. To get there turn South onto Soi 17 at the stoplight located at the junction of Pattaya 3rd Road and Soi 17. They are about a km from the junction on the right side.

584/38 Soi 17, Moo10, South Pattaa, Nogprue, Banglamung, Chonburi 20150

Highly recommended also.

:)<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="https://www.google.co.th/maps/dir/" href="https://www.google.co.th/maps/dir/" '="" pattaya+tigglebitties="" @12.9168921,100.8091324,12z="" data="!3m1!4b1!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x31029671ff83674d:0xe4f03631665dc567!2m2!1d100.8791729!2d12.9169014"">

If we're talking BKK the street vendor outside my hotel does killer ribs. No BBQ sauce but sooo good. 20B for a small rack. 40 B for a quarter chicken.

20 baht for a small rack? What are they, mouse ribs?

https://www.facebook.com/Livvbakerycafe/

Livv unlimited ribs Tuesday and Friday..

12718085_908906199255349_663959198248802

+1

The best Ribs I have had in Thailand but you need a car to get to, they are on Soi Kao Talo.

I've been waiting to try livv's.

The food looks great & the owner seems like a genuine guy with a passion for food. Hopefully I can make it over after songkran

Edited by SeniorNice

I was back at Rmpm today. They're great, a real gem that deserves our business. I tried the smoked pork chop today. It's got to be the best pork chop I've had in Europe or Thailand. I'll lay off the pork for a few days now but will be back at Rmpm ASAP.

• An FYI to you home rib chefs, while most supermarkets in Pattaya and Bangkok normally sell pork ribs in thin strips, Thai style, I have found that if you ask one of the butchers, they can usually pull a whole, uncut rack out of the meat locker. I get mine at "Foodland" in Bangkok but a friend who I told about was able to get them at "Foodland" and "Big-C" in Pattaya.

To be honest, I have been disappointed with my recent forays at Lone Star, say the past 2 months. I recall their fare being much better last year and that includes the ribs I had about 2 weeks ago.

So good to see that RMPM being highly recommended here as I already frequent them for their rather excellent SoS. I never thought to try their ribs as I am typically only a breakfast diner there.

Had RMPM ribs tonight, tangy bbq sauce with smoked ribs, cole slaw and mac and cheese. Ordered half rack.Fantastic. Staff tell me they doon weekends, think boss will do on Thursdays to. Sure to go back!

Do you remember the price?

Iirc half a slab is 245 baht.

Today, Sunday he's having prime rib @ 795 baht, or chicken or lamb. No mention of the ribs but worth asking about I'm sure.