Where would you like to be right now?

sipi

I am in contact with friends in Thailand and Scotland, whilst based in Australia.

I know that Songkran can be a lot of fun, but the heat is too much for me these days. Scotland is lovely but again the weather is a bit dull.

Right now I am outside with my Thai son; the weather is mid 20's, gentle breeze and blue skies. The smell of Thai cooking permeates the air.

smile.png

If you could be anywhere on the planet right now where would you like to be?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering how bad the smoke is today, my mind does wander back to those many long road trips we took in the western US during the Fall. Hiking mountain trails, breathing clean crisp mountain air, might be welcome right about now but I’ll make do with the air conditioner and a good movie.

Away from HERE & where we WILL be in 3 days.....Paris 'til the beginning of next month - temps in the single digits to the teens....

Last night was in an Aircon'd boat/room sitting in the river with a veranda sitting right at water level enjoying it.....At THIS moment at the very HOT HERE - at the inlaws with with no cool in sight....

By my pool in Hua Hin watching my son cavort while sipping a cold one...( me, not my son ) .Instead of here in Saudi looking at the sand and flies......But !!! in 4 months I retire, so I guess my wish will come true.......wink.png Enjoy the food Sipi

In bed with a woman in her mid to late 20s. Of course, a beer in hand, too.

I did that last week, good for 5 or 10 minutes, then what?

5 or 10 minutes.

No need to brag !

Yeah, really. I can only manage that when I'm back in the States. The women are too attractive here.

Then again, that's only the time when I'm not exploring her with other parts....OK sorry, TMI.

Anyway, France will be nice soon. Juan-les-Pins, for example.

North Korea, Nampos Beach

https://www.nknews.org/2014/08/tourist-photos-reveal-north-korean-beach-life/

When Justin Ames went to North Korea as a Western tourist, he was expecting the drab, Stalinist, and isolated nation which many think of when they think of life in the DPRK.

But in fascinating pictures kindly shared with NK News, Justin experienced another side to life in North Korea: when North Koreans let their hair down and enjoy an afternoon of drinking and seafood barbecue at the beach.

Having gotten used to the constant supervision of overbearing minders that many complain about when they visit North Korea, Justin writes on his blog The Velvet Rocket, “we were astonished when they dropped us off at a crowded beach and just told us to be back in a couple of hours”.

Granted a level of freedom almost never afforded to tourists visiting North Korea, Justin began snapping away as he and his fellow tourists walked along the beach.

With normal citizens usually shy and reserved when guides are around, Justin writes that “the contrast was remarkable” as him and his fellow tourists were welcomed to join the party.

“Not a single group that we passed did not invite us to come and dance, eat, drink or just hang out with them,” he writes, commenting on the hospitality of the locals, saying that he was taken aback.

Surrounded by locals enjoying beer and eating seafood, as well as shops selling ice creams and snacks, “[it’s] not exactly the first image one conjures up when thinking about gray, authoritarian North Korea,” Justin says

“It was fun to walk around and see what all of the different groups of friends and families were up to,” he continue. “Some groups were barbecuing, some were just sitting around drinking, some were dancing, some are doing all of the above and more”.

“We saw drunk North Koreans staggering around, drunk North Koreans passed out, men fighting, women fighting, men hitting their wives… You name it”.

post-221427-14608002120354_thumb.jpg

post-221427-14608002252323_thumb.jpg

Anywhere where it is cool and has real food , so definately not in Thailand .

Just seen Manchester on telly.

It is snowing, (mid April !), and they have the famous 'curry mile' in Rusholme.

Could be the answer !

Edited by thaiduncankk