What's the problem with western women in Thailand?

webfact

Thai women are only "sexier" for these guys because they can attract a 5 or a 6/10 here compared to the 3 or 4/10 they could manage in the Western pool.

While true I was doing 3s and 4s in the UK, here it was 7s and 8s (mostly in their mid 20s and early 30s).

But to be fair, best of all was a 40 yo Thai 3. But only the once.

I have a firm rule, if a girl is special, I never repeat, in order to keep the memory pristine.

I have no 'lady memories' worth keeping from the UK, but 4 or 5 from Thailand.

No, hang on, I have one 'lady memory' from the UK, she won youngest (age 23), and most pierced (10+).

But as she was a western lady in the west, not the subject of this discussion.

Edited by BritManToo

Thai women are only "sexier" for these guys because they can attract a 5 or a 6/10 here compared to the 3 or 4/10 they could manage in the Western pool.

While true I was doing 3s and 4s in the UK, here it was 7s and 8s (mostly in their mid 20s and early 30s).

But to be fair, best of all was a 40 yo Thai 3. But only the once.

I have a firm rule, if a girl is special, I never repeat, in order to keep the memory pristine.

I have no 'lady memories' worth keeping from the UK, but 4 or 5 from Thailand.

No, hang on, I have one 'lady memory' from the UK, she won both, youngest (age 23), and most pierced (10+).

But as she was a western lady in the west, not the subject of this discussion.

"Doing 3s and 4s"??

I see why you may have been restricted to those in the UK

I personally don't have an issue with western women in Thailand. Might be that I don't have any issue with them in USA either. The only ones I generally see are tourists as far as I can tell. I only know of two expats personally that have brought their Australian wives with them to Thailand. Their wives seem happy enough and were friendly when I met them.

One thing that I will say though is the culture in the US is that more and more groups, including women, are looking for an opportunity to be a victim. A simple stare or look could easily be interpreted in many different ways. I do not know if that culture has made its way here as well. It would seem that worldly traveled women would probably be more mature than that.

I also think that there are a lot of men here that have a lot of bitterness towards western women. Some came here to escape that, and they may be a little sensitive being around them here. It may bring up bad memories or may make the Thai experience less enjoyable with western women around. Personally I don't see any significant number of western women anyway so I don't know how it could possibly have such an affect on men here.

One thing that I will say though is the culture in the US is that more and more groups, including women, are looking for an opportunity to be a victim. A simple stare or look could easily be interpreted in many different ways. I do not know if that culture has made its way here as well.

It seems to have done so, considering the posts we've seen in this thread where men complain that they don't like western women because of the looks they give them when they're with their Thai partners.

Pretty true. But I will say that the Thai perception of beauty varies a bit from farangs. And no, it's not just the skin color. So if a farang guy was only getting 3's and 4's back home, the Thai females he's getting in Thailand will probably be 3's and 4's...from the Thai perspective. But to the typical farang, she may appear 5 or 6 in his eyes.

The maintenance effort for a western 4 is about the same as for a Thai 6, too. Basically a two notch upgrade just by changing scenery.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

Thailand is not just a handful of hiso people and then a whole load of farmers.

The Sage has spoken......OK Dr Spock, explain the in between bits,am sure you are sat there waiting to thrill us all with your next pearl.

You really need somebody to explain this to you?

No Socrates, its you need the explanation, you who seem to think that you have an answer to all things Thai.I doubt if you have ever left the environs of Grung Thep, with your educated and sophisticated Thai "friends" no matter how you choose to categorise or rank them are all one or two generations from the rice fields,just peasants with money. Now I know you have a Degree, which you seem to think is important, I don't, you know very little of Thailand and doubt whether you can speak the language, that dull little me, without an educational qualification to my name other than an Able Seaman's Cert. can and read also. So get pedalling mate.

The maintenance effort for a western 4 is about the same as for a Thai 6, too. Basically a two notch upgrade just by changing scenery.

Age!

Not only a two notch upgrade, but 20-30 years younger, and 40Kg lighter as well.

Edited by BritManToo

I had to go back to the original post to remind myself what this thread is about!

We can probably all agree that Western women living in Thailand (compared to men) are a small minority. We can probably also agree that some/most men living here will have had bad experiences with Western women who have given them an offensive look when seen with a far younger gf.

Some Western men have a problem with all Western women for this reason, or because they think they have been 'screwed out of everything' back in their home countries.

Western women tend to stereotype the same way - especially when they read the odd few extremely anti-Western women posts mentioned in the OP/ notice that some Western men will go out of their way to avoid eye contact etc. etc.

Fortunately, we nearly always get on well enough when having to talk to most Western females/males. smile.png

• Like 1

Also, better feminine hygiene due to that apex of Thai achievement............the "bum-gun".

Western women living here enjoy the bum gun as much (if not more) than Western males! I'm still wondering why its so rare back home?

Off topic - but why mess around with a bidet when a bum gun is so much easier?

One OTT derogatory post towards western women has been removed from this thread.

It was inevitable I suppose... given the topic subject, however members are reminded of the following from the Forum Rules:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

And of course we should point out that there are so many Western men age 40 plus who are obese. Was back in UK for a few weeks and met up with big group of ageing ex work colleagues (nearly all male) who i had not seen for a few years. The average waist size must have been well over 40 inches.

And of course we should point out that there are so many Western men age 40 plus who are obese. Was back in UK for a few weeks and met up with big group of ageing ex work colleagues (nearly all male) who i had not seen for a few years. The average waist size must have been well over 40 inches.

You don't need to go back to the UK - just look at the vast majority of old, Western men here!

You don't need to go back to the UK - just look at the vast majority of old, Western men here!

At least the ones back home don't walk round in a vest.

• Like 1

I'm an Asian American.

I get waaaay more attention from the opposite sex here in SE Asia. It's nuts. Just about everyday some woman is complimenting me on my loveliness.

To goof around I do Asian poses to random beautiful women. More often then not they start laughing.

I'm invisible to most Western women but here in SE Asia I am like Tom Cruise or something.

Betting your more of a "something" than a Tom Cruise. Edited by HLover

rogeroc, on 22 Apr 2016 - 08:46, said:snapback.png

I think that is a bit harsh (vast majority?). I don't see that, most of my retired friends here are in pretty good shape and so they should be with all that spare time. But it did shock me seeing the state of my old friends / colleagues in the UK, perhaps stress and all that cold weather does not help. And indeed lucky they were not wearing vests.

• Like 1

What's the problem with western women in Thailand? I think I know the answer now. They tow in western men who don't know how to kill a thread.

Oh come on. I'm doing my best.

I think you need a bit of help. Allow me please:

My take on why women get negative attitudes is as follows: They are the harbingers of the death of an era. Thailand used to be the magical kingdom of ping pong balls, inhabited by jolly punters. A good old boys club, if you will. Women remind this funky bunch of the evil west, effectively becoming the faces of change.

While in reality it isn't their doing, still, they're seen as the enemy scouts. Much the same dynamics in play as with the current muslim refugees in Europe.

That said, I have the nagging feeling this'll be the new Top Gear thread.

"That said, I have the nagging feeling this'll be the new Top Gear thread." cheesy.gif

Western men in Thailand have no business criticizing Western women for being overweight.

Just take a quick walk down any street in any part of town popular with expats.

It always amazes me how men whose idea of exercise is raising a pint to their lips have the cheek to dismiss Western women as fat and ugly.

Maybe they think Thai women actually like the look of a guy who can't even see his own tackle when he looks down

• Like 2

Agreed but we have just had a female poster on here saying that the vast majority of old western men here in Thailand are fat ! It should work both ways but i am not sure it always does with Western women.

There was a disgraceful TV show a few years back called 'Talk Women' (i believe) where 5 supposedly educated Western women laughed and joked (on prime TV) about a man who had his private parts cut off and thrown in the rubbish bin by his disgruntled wife. Imagine the outcry if that was the other way around.

• Like 1