DDPM steps up road safety measures

webfact

DDPM steps up road safety measures

BANGKOK, 18 April 2016, (NNT) - The Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM) has instructed officials to step up road safety measures, as a large number of holiday makers are returning to Bangkok and other major cities after the long holiday period.

DDPM Director-General Chatchai Promlert said today that the Road Safety Directing Center has informed related provincial government units to install traffic cones on heavily congested roads, in order to discourage speeding and overtaking in such areas. The agencies are also urged to optimize traffic flow and intensify roadside screening to help motorists stay alert.

Director-General Chatchai asked the returning holiday makers to be extra careful, strictly follow road regulations, and offer their cooperation to the officials on the road, for the sake of their own safety.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-04-18 footer_n.gif

Does this mean more tents with 'Volunteers' with medal ribbons sitting in the shade reading comics, watching TV and with the Whiskey and Lao Kao ready under the table for the evening shift ? That's what we have around our way and they are as useful as a chocolate teapot !

" strictly follow road regulations,"

Do any drivers have any idea of road regulations?.........

Do any police actually enforce road regulations outside of the immediate perimeter of a traffic checkpoint, i.e., moving violations?

Does this mean more tents with 'Volunteers' with medal ribbons sitting in the shade reading comics, watching TV and with the Whiskey and Lao Kao ready under the table for the evening shift ? That's what we have around our way and they are as useful as a chocolate teapot !

I often use the expression myself and tend to forget a chocolate teapot has at least one use.

" strictly follow road regulations,"

Do any drivers have any idea of road regulations?.........

Do any police actually enforce road regulations outside of the immediate perimeter of a traffic checkpoint, i.e., moving violations?

RTP are very much static violations