What Are My Chances Of..

Stevo: Are you referring to (a) a 30-day visa issued in a Thai embassy/consulate overseas, or (B) a 30-day visa-waiver stamp in your passport that you received upon entry into Thailand?

You crossed the border and returned? That is a 30 day entry without visa. A visa is obtained from a Consulate and for most people allows a 60 day stay.

You would be very unlikely to be able to extend that stay more than 7 days from immigration. You should be able to make another trip out and return.

You can get a 15 day extention for a 30 day visa at Pattaya immigration for 1900 baht, then return again and request a further extension for 1900 baht showing your exit air ticket. It worked for me once.

don't count on this now .... recent numbers have been 7 days OR 10 days with an outbound ticket

After reading the new law affecting the visa exempt entries after Oct 1, I was under the impression that you could extend your 30 days visa exempt stamp at immigration 2 times for 30 days each time ( meaning you would not have to do border runs to get your total 90 days allowed )

I remember reading that they were trying to make it easier for " real tourists " so by giving 2 times 30 day extensions to the visa exempt stamp, tourists would not have to leave and go on a border run to get their full 90 days entitlement..................................

But after reading all the other posts, maybe I was wrong...............................