Home and land insurance

Hello i need some advice, i had a home built 2 years ago this June, i had to pay the builder an extra Baht 14,000 for insurance as he told me that it is a requirement for new home owners in Thailand ( that surprised me as i thought they would have guaranteed there own work ) anyway for the last 14/15 months the problems have started to mount up, cracks in walls, ceilings and doorways small things, but at the side and back of my home the ground is falling away from the house causing major cracks to appear, the external walls are leaning, nearly 1&1/2 inch out of plumb, the tiles are lifting, ground is subsiding

I have contacted the builder on many occasions about the problems, someone came and done a cosmetic job, a few weeks later same problem, he has came several times and done a patch up job, now it is getting beyond a joke, and they are not interested, it looks like they are waiting for my insurance to expire, then it is my problem

Is there anything i can do

Jimmy

I think you were hosed by the builder, have never heard of house construction insurance offered by a builder and there is certainly no obligation to:

pay the builder an extra Baht 14,000 for insurance as he told me that it is a requirement for new home owners in Thailand

Some developments offer "home warranty" for houses that they build but would be surprised if any builder has the funds to maintain a "sinking fund" for private builds

Good luck, hope you have a contract in writing