Weather in Chiang Rai region

kal147

A bit of smoke round yesterday but good breezes today seem to have cleared a lot of it.

You're so lucky.

Here near Phrae and in Lampang, Phayao and Nan too it's really bad.

I'll attach some screenshots from aqmthai.com .

Or have a look at the CM Forum.attachicon.gif2014-03-07 - Lampang 488.jpgattachicon.gif2014-03-07 - Phayao 337.jpgattachicon.gif2014-03-07 - Phrae 320.jpgattachicon.gif2014-03-07 - ChiangRai 113.jpg

Interesting read Haze Blows Across Northeastern Asia

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=83213&src=eoa-iotd

I can confirm Phayao has a bad smoke haze

• Like 1

I just feel sorry for anyone who paid good money to vacation here in the smoke-pit which is SE Asia during this time of year. I believe that if there was a concerted effort to publicize the magnitude of the problem and the health risks associated with it, that tourism to the affected nations would decline dramatically during the burning period and kill off tourism dollars flowing into these areas. Maybe THEN we would see some efforts to police the burning that is, till now, unchecked. I know that each of the countries involved will never publicize the extent of the problem but if the tourists who get "burned" coming here in this horrible air and the expats who breathe this junk each day will make internet posts that speak of the conditions then we MAY see some change or at least our grandchildren MIGHT!

• Like 1

Yes the smoke bad out my way and looking at a number of options to improve air quality in the house. I have an air purifier and will likely buy another. Read in the Chiang Mai forum about 3M Filtrete for air conditioners. Anyone know where this product can be purchased in Chiang Rai. I have tried the usual suspects - Home Pro, Home Mart, Sinthanee, Power Buy - with no success.

Edited by sidelines

I saw three flashes of lightning, so there's some chance of rain tonight

Down here in Phayao we just had a storm move through from the west. Good rain with lots of lightning and thunder. It lasted for over 30 minutes. It was great. First rain in 2014

• Like 1

Here in Nanglae we had a nice shower and immediately lost power. It has been off for 3 hours niow. Reminds me of the riddle of how many Thai does it take to screw in a lightbulb!

I actually live in a small village on the other side of the lake to Phayao, Tonight our electricity went off for about 30 seconds. Where we live the power outages have been very minimal. I have lived here since 2011

• Like 1

We had about a 10 minute shower here, followed by about 20 minutes power loss.

http://air4thai.pcd.go.th/web/region.php?region=2

some improvement but I think it will be back in a couple of days if we do not have a lot more rain and there is not too much forecast.

Electricity here do a great job with weather and restoring service here. Perth every storm has outings of 24 hrs and more as they only have a couple of crews as that is all the beancounters think they need.

• 2 weeks later...