Weather in Chiang Rai region

kal147

It was actually chilly walking the dogs this evening.  I was thinking this temp would be great for a long bike ride and I am planning to hitch a ride into town with my wife in the morning, so I can ride my bike home.  I sure hope it isn’t raining in town tomorrow morning.  I like cool but cold and wet doesn’t sound like much fun.

VF, you're a braver man than me riding a bicycle on the main roads & smaller highways around here.

It was actually chilly walking the dogs this evening. I was thinking this temp would be great for a long bike ride and I am planning to hitch a ride into town with my wife in the morning, so I can ride my bike home. I sure hope it isn’t raining in town tomorrow morning. I like cool but cold and wet doesn’t sound like much fun.

VF, you're a braver man than me riding a bicycle on the main roads & smaller highways around here.

I find dirt and unused roads whenever possible. I can leave CRU and go cross-country to the river, passing the North end of the airport. I do see many other riders sticking to the main roads, however.

• Like 1

It was actually chilly walking the dogs this evening.  I was thinking this temp would be great for a long bike ride and I am planning to hitch a ride into town with my wife in the morning, so I can ride my bike home.  I sure hope it isn’t raining in town tomorrow morning.  I like cool but cold and wet doesn’t sound like much fun.

I find dirt and unused roads whenever possible.  I can leave CRU and go cross-country to the river, passing the North end of the airport.  I do see many other riders sticking to the main roads, however.

I was wondering if you were planning off road routes back to your place. Anyway back to the subject, in being how is the weather going to be for this weekend?

It rained all the way to town this morning but I was rain free on my bike ride home.  Beautiful riding weather but not great for taking pictures.

Nice to know that you had an uneventful trip. I never asked if you have a trip computer on your MTB. How much distance did you end up covering?

It rained all the way to town this morning but I was rain free on my bike ride home. Beautiful riding weather but not great for taking pictures.

Nice to know that you had an uneventful trip. I never asked if you have a trip computer on your MTB. How much distance did you end up covering?

I wrote more in the good things topic but today ended up being a little over 60km. Because of the wet conditions I stayed on the roads today. It is funny that when I am alone nothing ever goes wrong but when I am with others things tend to get messy.

Edited by villagefarang

It is if you're planning to cycle 60kms which was the point of the discussion.

Personally, coming from a seriously dry country, which I may have mentioned before, I love every little silver droplet.

The rice harvesters next door may not agree with me though.

• Like 2

Very heavy rain in the rai. I sure do not remember a December like this.

I agree. my 16th winter here and I can't recall any prior December with any rain - and only a bit each November. Some plants starting to bud, which don't normally bud until March. You would think, with all this late rain, that frogs would be making noise, but even they're flummoxed, as December is not at all frog croaking season. Ask your Thai wife when boy frogs normally look for girl frogs to boom boom, she'd probably know.

I was walking the dog this evening in a T-shirt, hoody and jeans but I was still cold. After the rain stopped, the moody low hanging clouds and crystal clear air were such a change from the recent haze. Cold but happy and breathing freely in Phaya Mengrai.

The power went out again for a few hours but it is back to stay now, I hope.