Weather in Chiang Rai region

kal147

I thought so too, but I thought Hoya's leaves looked waxy. If that is a Hoya, Pool Boy, I'd be up for a cutting!

Anyway, perhaps we should continue this exchange in the Plants forum. :o

To sbk & Jai Dee,

Some ages ago but maybe still of interest?

Good friends with "green fingers" gave me the following information on the suspected "Hoya" plant;

quote=====

Taxonomic name: Lantana camara L.1753

Synonyms: Camara vulgaris, Lantana scabrida

Common names: ach man (Cambodia), angel lips, ayam (Malaysia), big sage, blacksage, bunga tayi (Malaysia), cambara de espinto (Brazil), cuasquito (Nicaragua), flowered sage (Jamaica), lantana, lantana wildtype, largeleaf lantana (USA), latora moa (Tahiti), pha-ka-krong (Thailand), prickly lantana, shrub verbean, supirrosa (Spanish-Galapagos Islands), Wandelroeschen (German), white sage (Trinidad), wild sage

Organism type: shrub

Lantana camara is a significant weed of which there are some 650 varieties in over 60 countries or island groups. It is established and expanding in range in many regions of the world and impacts severely on agriculture and farming as well as replacing native forests when land is cleared for agriculture. It has been the focus of biological control attempts for a century, yet still poses major problems in many regions.

unquote=======

This information was copied from the folowing website where a comprehensive description of this weed is given;

http://www.issg.org/database/species/ecolo...p;fr=1&sts=

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pool boy, lantana can also be a decorative plant. I have some growing behind my house with very pretty flowers indeed. So, weed is all in the eyes of the beholder :o

Anyway, hazy here this morning but cleared up now. I hope the sky is clear to see the comet tonight!

Pool boy, lantana can also be a decorative plant. I have some growing behind my house with very pretty flowers indeed. So, weed is all in the eyes of the beholder :o

Anyway, hazy here this morning but cleared up now. I hope the sky is clear to see the comet tonight!

merely trying to clarify things, the expression "weed" comes from the mentioned website, don't blame me for everything please!!

Pool boy, lantana can also be a decorative plant. I have some growing behind my house with very pretty flowers indeed. So, weed is all in the eyes of the beholder :D

merely trying to clarify things, the expression "weed" comes from the mentioned website, don't blame me for everything please!!

I don't have the feeling that SBK blamed you for something, but it is interesting that you leave some space open to be blamed. Any suggestions? :D

Limbo :o

Pool boy, lantana can also be a decorative plant. I have some growing behind my house with very pretty flowers indeed. So, weed is all in the eyes of the beholder :D

I don't have the feeling that SBK blamed you for something, but it is interesting that you leave some space open to be blamed. Any suggestions? :D

Limbo :o

Maybe Pool Boy is worried he's getting blamed for weeds!

It did rain here today, very odd weather, heavy downpour and then sunny skies. But, we need the rain desperately so no complaints here. Now I can't call it haze, just overcast

Is the haze blocking out the comet or are we in the wrong area?.

Wrong area, its only visible in Australia now. And for us, it was a very short window of opportunity.

No haze today, and not much rain either. Mostly sunny with a few clouds whipping by.

Could one of you moderators close this thread or move it to a weather thread. :D

Why?

If you don't like it don't read it !

:D :D :o

I ignore it already for quite some time and I will certainly not contribute to it.

You don't think I am crazy, do you?

Limbo :D

Could one of you moderators close this thread or move it to a weather thread. :D

We're just doing our bit to help promote the CR forum... in an innocent and fun way.

:o

If you don't like it we'll piss off and leave you alone... up2U.

We're just doing our bit to help promote the CR forum... in an innocent and fun way.

If you don't like it we'll piss off and leave you alone... up2U.

here here :D

There are plenty of other topics in the CR forum to read if you dont like having a bit of fun.

Quick definitions (haze)

# noun: atmospheric moisture or dust or smoke that causes reduced visibility

# noun: confusion characterized by lack of clarity

# verb: harass by imposing humiliating or painful tasks, as in military institutions

# verb: become hazy, dull, or cloudy

For such a complex subject mumblingjumbo's dismissal of it is out of order. :o

That picture of burning straw makes me wonder why burn something that is so useful, or

is there a hidden agricultural or ecological reason behind it.

That picture of burning straw makes me wonder why burn something that is so useful, or

is there a hidden agricultural or ecological reason behind it.

I can remember Chowna (don't know if I spell his name right) in a farmtopic said something like " we have made a test where we have left all rice-straws in a corner and it seems that we are going to get a better crop there"!

I have never seen a farmer in Sweden burning his fields! And I never seen anyone starting a bush-fire to clean the land.

But it is not only in Thailand. What I understand this is happening in all SE Asia!

Very hazy this morning!

:o:D :D

And not only that! I would like to give out some respect to: "Jah, de living God, His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Ras Tafari, Conquering Lion of de Tribe of Judah, two hundred tweny-fifth ruler of the t'ree-tousand-year-old Ethiopian empire, Lord of Lords, King of Kings, Heir to de T'rone of Salomon".

Haze.

And not only that! I would like to give out some respect to: "Jah, de living God, His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Ras Tafari, Conquering Lion of de Tribe of Judah, two hundred tweny-fifth ruler of the t'ree-tousand-year-old Ethiopian empire, Lord of Lords, King of Kings, Heir to de T'rone of Salomon".

Haze.

Don't tell me you started smoking that sh1it again!

post-29230-1169620012.gifpost-29230-1169620026.gifpost-29230-1169620043.gifpost-29230-1169620061.gif

My husband said the weather report calls for colder temps all over the country, I guess its headed South next. Of course, our cold isn't the same as your cold , a low at night is cold if its 22 :D

As for the burning, well down here we can get haze from Indonesia where they burn the rainforest to clear it for palm plantations. One year it was so bad we couldn't see Koh Samui, less than 4k away.

But, not so much hazy today as partly cloudy. :o

Still hazy here... quite cool and windy over the last few days too.

I got a cold 10 days ago and it will not go away with this cold weather.

And very hazy now!

:D :D :D

svenivan, that cold is making the rounds! I had it a couple of weeks ago, it lasted for over 10 days. My husband had it, our cook had it (and still does). Its a nasty one that just won't go away.

Cool weather is making it quite hazy here as well, still can't see Koh Samui.

Archived