superficies rights in koh phangan

Hello,

i am planning to build a home in koh phangan .

The owner of the land is a company, and i had registered a leasehold contract for 30 years i landoffice and chanote is ok.

Atfter talk with my lawyer , architect and friends , the name on building permit must be company name or constructor name but nt my name.

And officers in taasabaan will not accept the transfert on my name before the end of the construction even if thai law gives this rights to every people thai and foreigner . Ir seems to be a special practice in this island.

To secure my investment (proof of my ownership of the building for the next 30years) , i read forum and understand that the more secure is to make a registration of a suferficies rights at my profit in land office who will put it on the back of the chanote. Company' Director is already ok to sign this complementary agreement.

If somebody had already do tthat in this island ? What is the cost? taxes ? fees?and how many days to get it?

thank yu too much for your help and sharing experiences .

best regards

pat

I build a house on leased land at neighboring Koh Samui. I got the building permission issued in my name, the only thing required was a permission from the lessor; the architect, who arranged for building permission, had already made up that form and included it in the original application. But can be, it's different over at Koh Phangan..?

A Superficies registration costs to my knowledge a minor fee at the Land Office.

Edited by khunPer