Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo – innocent in the 'trial by social media'

webfact

where is the link to this info? She is one of the top 25 in the world for forensics and for the good general not to graciously accept her participation really leads me to think the fish rottenly stink in Koh Tao. The whole crime scene with uncle Mon directing police traffic in the photos I saw sickened me with contamination of such backwards country bum -as bafoonery of police work, I can only believe they run the island with impunity. Big fish in a little pond on Koh Tao but social media makes them little fish in an ocean of world wide public opinion

Deputized to assist huh ! :

The police have arrested a suspect in the murder of two British tourists in Koh Tao and are still hunting for a second suspect who has escaped into Bangkok.

Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.

He is the brother of a village headman in Koh Tao.

Police interrogated Woraphan Toovichien, 49, a village headman and owner of AC Bar which is located near the murder scene, and his brother, Montriwat Toovichien, owner of In Touch resort and caretaker of AC Bar.

Both gave good cooperation to the police and they denied they had any connection.

DNA samples of the two brothers were collecting for testing and were later proved to not match with DNA collected from the scene and the victim’s body.

Both were later freed.

and of course like all the other arrests and dna testing in this case it all fully trusted verified and above board

it is only you that believes it, all the smart people and that don't have an agenda know it is all hogwash from start to finish

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<snip - link to Bangkok Post>

I read that article, twice- and will not pretend to understand the hocus pocus of the DNA this and that, which was exactly the intention. Baffle 'em with techno jargon such as this;

if they test two saliva samples from the same person they will match

DNA investigation in murder case of UK backpackers ‘incompetent’

Police in Thailand may be reported to an international regulator over the investigation of two Burmese men convicted of murdering British backpackers Hannah Witheridge and David Miller.

exactly why there is no case

The Thai coroner should still be in possession of original samples taken during autopsy unless of course he was told to destroy them

That article was written by Andrew Drummond, his website has been blocked in Thailand. Let's wait and see if anything new will come out of this.

From the above blocked article:

"There are further concerns that the defence team did not understand the value of foreign expert help and how it would affect the case."
So any appeal document might say: And if the Appeals Court Judges do not understand the DNA and other forensic evidence as prepared and presented by the defense's team of international foreign experts, that's OK -- we don't understand it either.

I wiĺl add my 2 cents again. They got the right 2. No mafia...just 2 dirtbags and they got caught. The british police got involved and no way would they not have said something if they knew these 2 were innocent! Stop already and execute them and be finished.

I'm sorry but when I readd your comment i get cold shivering, Not to be personal, but if you talk like that you belong to the same category of 'dirtbag'-people that did the crime in no respect for other human beings.

it seems some foreigners lacking critical thinking ability find thailand or thailand finds them. water seeks its own level

A fine example of pack mentality. It's a way to belong, just go along, don't even consider the contrary view, but rather dismiss, insult, threaten, harass, bully it- and when all that fails to shut it up- ignore it.

Agree a critical thinking process is lacking, or even completely absent in many.

It really has been an interesting character study- I have some thoughts as to the actors I'd like to play the parts- especially a lead character- the one on a mental disability pension.

I wiĺl add my 2 cents again. They got the right 2. No mafia...just 2 dirtbags and they got caught. The british police got involved and no way would they not have said something if they knew these 2 were innocent! Stop already and execute them and be finished.

What planet do you live on? The 'right' two? Perhaps they should execute you? I tell you what if they were your sons or brothers who had been fingered for this and you knew them to be innocent you would certainly sing from a different songsheet.

That article was written by Andrew Drummond, his website has been blocked in Thailand. Let's wait and see if anything new will come out of this.

There are further concerns that the defence team did not understand the value of foreign expert help and how it would affect the case.
So any appeal document might say: And if the Appeals Court Judges do not understand the DNA and and other forensic evidence as prepared and presented by the defense's team of international foreign experts, that's OK -- we don't understand it either.

Drummond has a site perfectly accessible within Tland, (dot) news.

And his dot com MICT blocking, despite claims otherwise (which is milked like teats on an udder by the defenders) has nothing to do with this case- but two years ago- all about some Pattaya business and local involvement in shenanigans.

Yes by all means get some foreigner, and heck- make it snoddy appearing property dude, or a woman with a Bachelor degree, same as any bank teller- to show those ignorant judges what's what. Great idea!!

I almost do feel sorry for the convicted- with these kinds of friends, who needs pneumonic plague?

What planet do you live on? The 'right' two? Perhaps they should execute you? I tell you what if they were your sons or brothers who had been fingered for this and you knew them to be innocent you would certainly sing from a different songsheet.

Yeah except we know they are guilty because of facts, not emotionally crevassed character hearsay or tabloid website hit seeking bloggers.

Police in Thailand may be reported to an international regulator over the investigation of two Burmese men convicted of murdering British backpackers Hannah Witheridge and David Miller.

The Thai coroner should still be in possession of original samples taken during autopsy unless of course he was told to destroy them

The so called " experts" have no name nor will anyone claim authorship of the article- it's such pathetic journalism. Did the Samui Times editor taken on a second job and is now going to spread the BS on second rate and local news media outlets?

Police interrogated Woraphan Toovichien, 49, a village headman and owner of AC Bar which is located near the murder scene, and his brother, Montriwat Toovichien, owner of In Touch resort and caretaker of AC Bar.

Both gave good cooperation to the police and they denied they had any connection.

DNA samples of the two brothers were collecting for testing and were later proved to not match with DNA collected from the scene and the victim’s body.

Both were later freed.

and of course like all the other arrests and dna testing in this case it all fully trusted verified and above board

it is only you that believes it, all the smart people and that don't have an agenda know it is all hogwash from start to finish

No my dear, it is not only me- you wish but it is not so. And the "agenda" is by emotionally fragile individuals being suckered by Zaw, with another individual using his popular FB page to create a false scenario for revenge.

Are police lacking in many ways? Sure I agree, but that does not mean Zaw and Wai are innocent- or of at least a portion of the crimes. (IMO)

As I've written, I'm sure you don't read it, I don't think they bashed in Hannah's face. I think that was teh work of another party. I do think they hit David, to get him out of the way of raping Hannah. I don't think they meant to kill him- and if they had not been exposed to emotionally involved and MO unstable persons, telling them this and that, they may well have only been charged for rape and 2nd degree murder for David.

They will spend more time in jail, and face execution, than if they had simply admitted their crimes.

The so called " experts" have no name nor will anyone claim authorship of the article- it's such pathetic journalism. Did the Samui Times editor taken on a second job and is now going to spread the BS on second rate and local news media outlets?

Did you honestly just accuse someone of spreading BS - your ( ^^ ) posts make up what must be 30% of the posts on this thread and other similar threads and you are accusing someone else of BS, dear oh dear

Both were later freed.

Are police lacking in many ways? Sure I agree, but that does not mean Zaw and Wai are innocent- or of at least a portion of the crimes. (IMO)

That is were your thinking is flawed, if you knew anything about justice systems and the prosecutions primary goal - to prove guilt beyond any doubt with sound irrefutable verifiable evidence, nobody with experience in such matters could possibly say that B2 are guilty - That is fact - not my fact but how the general system across the world is understood and supposed to work

There are further concerns that the defence team did not understand the value of foreign expert help and how it would affect the case.
So any appeal document might say: And if the Appeals Court Judges do not understand the DNA and and other forensic evidence as prepared and presented by the defense's team of international foreign experts, that's OK -- we don't understand it either.

And his dot com MICT blocking, despite claims otherwise (which is milked like teats on an udder by the defenders) has nothing to do with this case- but two years ago- all about some Pattaya business and local involvement in shenanigans.

Yes by all means get some foreigner, and heck- make it snoddy appearing property dude, or a woman with a Bachelor degree, same as any bank teller- to show those ignorant judges what's what. Great idea!!

I almost do feel sorry for the convicted- with these kinds of friends, who needs pneumonic plague?

Are you feeling ok?

where is the link to this info? She is one of the top 25 in the world for forensics and for the good general not to graciously accept her participation really leads me to think the fish rottenly stink in Koh Tao. The whole crime scene with uncle Mon directing police traffic in the photos I saw sickened me with contamination of such backwards country bum -as bafoonery of police work, I can only believe they run the island with impunity. Big fish in a little pond on Koh Tao but social media makes them little fish in an ocean of world wide public opinion

with uncle Mon directing police traffic in the photos I saw sickened me with contamination of such backwards country bum -as bafoonery of police work,

More lies wrung out of the Facebook truth scrubbing machine.

Montriwat, as the brother of the village head, Tuvichien, was ' deputized" to assist police as is the headman's right and duty to do. The island at the time had very limited police presence.

When he stepped over that line, he was acting in an official capacity. Bodies had been moved, and wrapped by the ( admittedly limited forensic experienced ) officers already.

Using still shots it was CSI La that perpetuated the entire story of the Tuvichien's involvement along with some carefully edited and manipulated CCTV from Bangkok that sought to discredit NOm Sod's alibi.

Seen some very interesting FB conversations on Why CSI La fb page wanted to discredit this family- let's just say petty retribution was involved.

As I pointed out to you in a previous post on here, the bodies had NOT been wrapped when Montriwat Tuvichien stepped over the cordon and was on the beach with police. Obviously you have not seen the crime scene photos and continue to talk rubbish.

Really? The please then post up a pic of Mon crossing the boundary with the bodies shown as they were found- prior to being moved or wrapped - of course you can blur out the more graphic portions.

Or pm it to me if you prefer

When he stepped over that line, he was acting in an official capacity. Bodies had been moved, and wrapped by the ( admittedly limited forensic experienced ) officers already.

NOT wrapped as you continue to insist. Can't believe you have't been struck off this forum yet for continually spreading misinformation and blatant lies.

The police have arrested a suspect in the murder of two British tourists in Koh Tao and are still hunting for a second suspect who has escaped into Bangkok.

Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.

He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/63714

post-258066-0-16799600-1461735240_thumb.

Are you feeling ok?

Yes, thanks. Much better than two rapists I know of that not only have a poor defense ( with an indicted libeler showing his face around the defense table,) but several emotionally involved (putting it nicely) persons who are doing them no favors-ultimately.

with uncle Mon directing police traffic in the photos I saw sickened me with contamination of such backwards country bum -as bafoonery of police work,

More lies wrung out of the Facebook truth scrubbing machine.

Montriwat, as the brother of the village head, Tuvichien, was ' deputized" to assist police as is the headman's right and duty to do. The island at the time had very limited police presence.

Using still shots it was CSI La that perpetuated the entire story of the Tuvichien's involvement along with some carefully edited and manipulated CCTV from Bangkok that sought to discredit NOm Sod's alibi.

Seen some very interesting FB conversations on Why CSI La fb page wanted to discredit this family- let's just say petty retribution was involved.

As I pointed out to you in a previous post on here, the bodies had NOT been wrapped when Montriwat Tuvichien stepped over the cordon and was on the beach with police. Obviously you have not seen the crime scene photos and continue to talk rubbish.

Really? The please then post up a pic of Mon crossing the boundary with the bodies shown as they were found- prior to being moved or wrapped - of course you can blur out the more graphic portions.

Or pm it to me if you prefer

NOT wrapped as you continue to insist. Can't believe you have't been struck off this forum yet for continually spreading misinformation and blatant lies.

He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/63714

Best check this report from one day later Sept 24, about 2 weeks later and after Mon had been implicated by social media [CSI La] http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/63857

Both were later freed.

And your pic proves my point !!

First of all that is not the same scene as the police tape, that was around Hannah, not David, so you're just picking pictures that are not relevant to your point,

And secondly your pic shows Mon was in the immediate vicinity after bodies had been moved, as I stated.

David was found floating in the water. There's a picture of him with one sock on ( also used as a defense in the scenario the lads followed him and Hannah to their tryst site- "He wouldn't have just left one sock on.." ) Hannah was a beautiful woman, maybe it's possible he was a bit excited and did leave a sock on?

Also note the blue wrapping under his foot. The bodies had been moved, Mon was within his official capacity to be in that vicinity. Even if bodies were still where they had been found- Village headmen are officials and can confer an official authority " deputize" their brother if they wish.

His presence is non issue # 143 and proves nothing.

The alibi given by the B2 said that WP Swapped shirts with MM as he was cold then MM took there motorbike to see his g/f.

But in cctv footage MM can be seen walking streets at 2:00am in WP shirt and no motorbike !

In this clip it shows police stating the B2 left scene of crime on motorbike

"Another police source said the three men had been monitored secretly after police detected signs of suspicious behaviour after interviewing staff at AC Pub and all shops and restaurants. One of the men, who police did name, had dyed his hair from gold to black after the crime took place."

http://news.asiaone.com/news/asia/koh-tao-murders-burmese-rape-suspects-not-scapegoats-says-police-chief

Another lie told by the truthers is no dna on hoe handle even though there was a partial match.

"Mr Waiyawuth said a quarter of the indicators from one of the suspects matched the partial profile"

http://news.sky.com/story/1556915/thai-murders-suspects-dna-not-on-weapon

You and DELETED.... are the ones spreading misinformation I suggest you take a bit of time to go back and read what experts have stated on this matter.

I asked for the names of the alleged " experts" re that article Smedly posted up http://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/dna-investigation-in-murder-case-of-uk-backpackers-incompetent-a3233786.html

No names and no author means no credibility. Just like every single argument defending Wai and Zaw.

@moonsterk your post 199

Thank you for revealing to all posters that you are happy to continue with you lies.

You categorically stated twice that Mon was on the beach only after the bodies had been WRAPPED.

Now you say in your post 199

And your pic proves my point !! Mon was in that circle after bodies had been moved.

No further engagement necessary with you. Shame on you.

Another lie told by the truthers is no dna on hoe handle even though there was a partial match.

"Mr Waiyawuth said a quarter of the indicators from one of the suspects matched the partial profile"

You and DELETED are the ones spreading misinformation I suggest you take a bit of time to go back and read what experts have stated on this matter.

So you are now saying there was not a partial match? link please

Honestly Dan, I do not think that says much, a chimp would probably have that probability.

There was DNA, just not from anyone who had samples submitted. So either the gardener, or my third party western misogynist guy.

Honestly Dan, I do not think that says much, a chimp would probably have that probability.

There was DNA, just not from anyone who had samples submitted. So either the gardener, or my third party western misogynist guy.

I agree it could be one of the suspects or the gardeners, but it does not rule them out as the truthers would like you to believe

It has been a hard 15 months and although nothing will ever bring Dave back, this at least brings some comfort to those closest to him. We're happy that we can now continue to remember him as the fun loving soul he was, without this darkness hanging over it. It is impossible to quantify the loss of Dave and what it has been like without him. He was a truly remarkable individual who loved life and lived it to the fullest.

– FRIENDS OF DAVID MILLER

@moonsterk your post 199

Thank you for revealing to all posters that you are happy to continue with you lies.

You categorically stated twice that Mon was on the beach only after the bodies had been WRAPPED.

Now you say in your post 199

And your pic proves my point !! Mon was in that circle after bodies had been moved.

No further engagement necessary with you. Shame on you.

Oh please histrionics just are so lame.

Moved or wrapped. Hannah had been moved onto wrapping, there is a horribly graphic photo of it, with Mon standing nearby, David had been moved and his foot is on wrapping as the pic you put up to prove your prior claim neither had been moved.

When shown to be erred, you play the martyr? shame

And as already stated- so what? Mon had every right to be there- even if neither had happened. He was acting in an official capacity.

What does his presence prove ?

I agree it could be one of the suspects or the gardeners, but it does not rule them out as the truthers would like you to believe

Wai and Zaw you mean? No because they could have used a cloth, or the handle was later wiped down- by my third party?

i haven't been following this awful business tbh but from what i've heard chimps could have conducted a better and more professional prosecution!

Or is what everyone is saying just wrong Mr Moonsterk? Would this prosecution have made past the first day in a 1st world court? Just interested because you clearly know everything there is to know about this case and i know nothing

Archived