Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo – innocent in the 'trial by social media'

webfact

@moonsterk re post 240

Google Channel 4 Murder in Paradise. Speaking in Thai, English subtitles. Contact Make Productions if you think the translation is wrong. I'm sure they'd love to hear your version of events, not.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@moonsterk re post 240

Google Channel 4 Murder in Paradise. Speaking in Thai, English subtitles. Contact Make Productions if you think the translation is wrong. I'm sure they'd love to hear your version of events, not.

And so does it negate his right to be there?

That is my explanation for his proximity as already stated, you can believe it or not.

I asked you to clarify his explanation, curious as to how it would void mine.

Mòonsterk

I am not evading your question, Mons explanation is in the pulic doman and would appear to differ from yours.

In order to maintain some independance it would be prudent if this was located yourself so as to allow you to make an independant judgement.

On the issue of Mon deputuzation would I be correct in saying you have no sources formally or otherwise to this fact ,and it is your own personal summarisation of his presence at the scene

OK so you won't share his explanation, is that correct? I'd have to think it does not exist then. But perhaps putting that aside, would you be able to explain how it voids mine?

and yes as stated twice already that is my explanation for his proximity- Is there some reason to doubt it? Has your colleague refuted it in some way?

Moonsterk

I am somewhat suprised by your response, you lambast posters for re-gurgating myth,innuendo,rumours and speculation and post them as fact.Yet here you are stating Mon was deputized as an explanation for his presence at the crime scene , yet cannot back this up with a source, it is only a speculative judgement, it maybe correct or not

As for Mons explanation , as i have stated it is in the public domain , it would be unwise of me to spoonfeed you, as it is not mine or my colleagues intention to influence yourself by asking leading question on this matter.

To the interest of my colleague the deputization of Mon which you alluded to is of some importance

I lambast them for re-gurgating [sic] opinion gleaned off anonymous articles and social media as fact.

I have stated several times now this is my explanation of his presence.

I think it is well established by now you do not believe it and I cannot convince you.

On the contrary Moonsterk , I have no opinion , the only fact that I can establish is Mon was at the crime scend

And I've offered an explanation. And you not wanting to provide a link is not helping the discourse. If it is the documentary, does Mon's explanation negate his right to be there?

Did Mon have no right to be there? Or did he?

Some criminals believe that they are smarter than the police and want to watch them try to figure out what happened. Others revel in the chaos and hardship that they cause. Others may be uncertain about what's going on and want to see what evidence is being gathered so that they can assess their likelihood of getting caught. And for some specific criminals, it's a demonstration to the witnesses and the onlookers of their power - that they can stand there and watch while the police investigate the crime, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Interesting, particularly the last sentence.

Moonsterk

Apologies fot harping on about Mon, however after speaking to a colleague he did not confirm or deny if it wss possible for the village headman to deputize in such circumstances.

My colleague made a request if you could clarify the deputisation of Mon is from an official or unofficial source

That is my explanation for his proximity as already stated, you can believe it or not.

Mòonsterk

I am not evading your question, Mons explanation is in the pulic doman and would appear to differ from yours.

In order to maintain some independance it would be prudent if this was located yourself so as to allow you to make an independant judgement.

On the issue of Mon deputuzation would I be correct in saying you have no sources formally or otherwise to this fact ,and it is your own personal summarisation of his presence at the scene

From the mouth of Mon in the documentary following the revelation by the speaker that Mon is seen in a restricted area as the police gather evidence:

'I didn't touch anything at all. I don't see anything wrong about this. It is because the Director of Investigation flew all the way to Koh Tao. And they approached me as I was the first person who saw the dead bodies. Therefore I would definitely be involved in this case'.

The problem here is that Mon was not the first person to see the dead bodies. He is lying. Cleaners discovered the bodies and alerted him. So the cleaners were the first people to see the dead bodies and therefore the cleaners should have been in court to deliver their testimonies. Only they weren't. Just like Maung Maung was not called to testify at the main trial. Join the dots. Only a complete retrial will deliver the truth with original witnesses on the stand (if they can be found to be alive) along with the friends of Hannah and David who are aware of their final movements.

'I didn't touch anything at all. I don't see anything wrong about this. It is because the Director of Investigation flew all the way to Koh Tao. And they approached me as I was the first person who saw the dead bodies. Therefore I would definitely be involved in this case'.

Huh? Flew in? I think you are just putting up whatever, this is about something later. the Director flew in...would not be at the time Mon was photographed stepping over a police tape.

Regardless...

So now after two pages, we have established Mon had a right to be where he was.

And so now you will shift the argument to something you state is a fact, that isn't- and that Mon is lying about it.

Your arguments are complete parody.

Some criminals believe that they are smarter than the police and want to watch them try to figure out what happened. Others revel in the chaos and hardship that they cause. Others may be uncertain about what's going on and want to see what evidence is being gathered so that they can assess their likelihood of getting caught. And for some specific criminals, it's a demonstration to the witnesses and the onlookers of their power - that they can stand there and watch while the police investigate the crime, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Of course, it fits your BS scenario. So I will ask again, did Mon have a right to be there, or not?

Mòonsterk

OK so you won't share his explanation, is that correct? I'd have to think it does not exist then. But perhaps putting that aside, would you be able to explain how it voids mine?

and yes as stated twice already that is my explanation for his proximity- Is there some reason to doubt it? Has your colleague refuted it in some way?

Moonsterk
I am somewhat suprised by your response, you lambast posters for re-gurgating myth,innuendo,rumours and speculation and post them as fact.Yet here you are stating Mon was deputized as an explanation for his presence at the crime scene , yet cannot back this up with a source, it is only a speculative judgement, it maybe correct or not
As for Mons explanation , as i have stated it is in the public domain , it would be unwise of me to spoonfeed you, as it is not mine or my colleagues intention to influence yourself by asking leading question on this matter.

To the interest of my colleague the deputization of Mon which you alluded to is of some importance

I lambast them for re-gurgating [sic] opinion gleaned off anonymous articles and social media as fact.

I think it is well established by now you do not believe it and I cannot convince you.

On the contrary Moonsterk , I have no opinion , the only fact that I can establish is Mon was at the crime scend

And I've offered an explanation. And you not wanting to provide a link is not helping the discourse. If it is the documentary, does Mon's explanation negate his right to be there?

For myself it was curiosity , did je have a right to be there I cannot answer that.
My colleague placed great emphasis on the issue of deputization , and what I am allowed to say he has more indepth knowledge of the investigation than myself

Mòonsterk

Moonsterk

For myself it was curiosity , did je have a right to be there I cannot answer that.

My colleague placed great emphasis on the issue of deputization , and what I am allowed to say he has more indepth knowledge of the investigation than myself

Yeah, sure colleague.

Well until you put up that link that proves me wrong, this sub-topic or whether Mon had aright to be there or not, really cannot progress. Sort of the way you like it I would propose.

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-criminals-always-return-to-the-scene-of-the-crime

BTW this was the first sentence to the above as to why criminals always return to the scene of the crime:

Motivations vary, and contrary to the media, it's not always a reliable adage to follow.

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-criminals-always-return-to-the-scene-of-the-crime

Motivations vary, and contrary to the media, it's not always a reliable adage to follow.

Interesting, this first sentence.

So sometimes they do. Sometimes they don't.

A moderator set up a locked 'Timeline' thread, that set out all the known events in the order they happened.

I can't find it and am not sure whether I'm looking in the wrong place or whether it has been removed. Does anyone know where the thread is to be found?

Do you mean this?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/844489-koh-tao-murder-news-timeline/

That's the one - thank you!

Its not coming up (for me) as a pinned thread anymore?

Moonsterk

Where is it stated Mon was deputized

It isn't. That's an explanation offered for Mon's proximity to the scene.

" Deputized" is my western word for what a village headman can do with whomever he wishes- appoint them to act as police. Limited police presence at that time meant civilians were needed to act as police.

Shall I link to nameless experts quoted by an anonymous article in a publication, say - The State Rag.

In other words you just make shit up as you go along? Limited Police was there? can you also back that claim up please not hearsay, nowhere have I read that the headman deputised this guy, it was never revealed in the trial, so why are you being allowed to spread lies and misinformation? . Your definition of limited is about the same as mine is as to there being capable police.

Thai beach murders: DNA investigation into death of British backpackers Hannah Witheridge and David Miller 'incompetent at best'

The two Burmese men convicted of the crime are urged to file a complaint with an international regulator

Police in Thailand may have to face an international regulator over the way they handled the investigation into the murder of British backpackers Hannah Witheridge and David Miller.

International legal and DNA forensics experts have advised Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo - the two Burmese immigrants sentenced to death over the killings - to make a formal complaint and demand a retrial.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/thailand-beach-murders-dna-investigation-death-of-british-backpackers-hannah-witteridge-and-david-a7002421.html

Thai beach murders: DNA investigation into death of British backpackers Hannah Witheridge and David Miller 'incompetent at best'

The two Burmese men convicted of the crime are urged to file a complaint with an international regulator
Police in Thailand may have to face an international regulator over the way they handled the investigation into the murder of British backpackers Hannah Witheridge and David Miller.

International legal and DNA forensics experts have advised Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo - the two Burmese immigrants sentenced to death over the killings - to make a formal complaint and demand a retrial.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/thailand-beach-murders-dna-investigation-death-of-british-backpackers-hannah-witteridge-and-david-a7002421.html

Amazing how you can make the news by just telling someone to write a letter.

No action has been taken, but the truthers lap it up I wonder who the told them to write the letter someone who wants to remain anonymous maybe to stop them looking stupid when it comes back to bite them on the arse.

No action has been taken, but the truthers lap it up I wonder who the told them to write the letter someone who wants to remain anonymous maybe to stop them looking stupid when it comes back to bite them on the arse.

When they are released in the near future it will be you and the other rtp supporters that will be bitten on the arse no one else.

I am having a really hard time imagining what is prompting the endless and meaningless back-and-forth nasty comments on this topic, one saying "you'll get bitten on the arse," then another saying "NO! It's YOU who'll get bitten!" And you have to read to the bottom of endless quotes to even figure out what the comment is. I certainly can't keep track of who is who in this empty blathering (which includes a lot of bad grammar and misspelling, not to mention spurious logic), and I hope it stops.

What is getting lost here is that two people have been condemned to death, and unless one is seriously out of touch, it's pretty obvious there's a LOT of doubt about their guilt. To tar people who believe in their innocence with nasty epithets such as "truther" is not only rude and mean, but is disrespectful of the life-and-death seriousness of the issue.

I have followed actions in the Thai courts and by the Thai police for decades. I think that anyone who has even a small idea of the way things work on this side of the world will not minimize the corruption, ass-covering, power plays, lies, twisting of words, and scapegoating that goes on in the legal system here. Thailand is not governed by what we in the Western world call "rule of law." Judges may indeed listen to evidence, but very often their minds have been made up long before they even get to that, and as a general rule judicial decisions seem to follow the preferences of the powers that be, rather than what we would see as due process.We see this over and over and over!

It has been painfully obvious to me from the beginning that this conviction is a gross miscarriage of justice. I never saw the "social media" stuff, FB or anywhere else, I just followed the news from day 1. At every step I experienced the rank smell of corruption. This whole thing stinks to high heaven, and how can someone be convicted in an atmosphere like that?

So, unless you are really familiar with the way things work in my adopted country, have not followed this since it began, and if you are only responding to a bunch of social media posts, I think you should not make judgments about what's going on. And in any case, enough with the name-calling. This is about people's lives, not about you and your prejudices and your ego.

I could go on. I myself have spent considerable time on Koh Tao and just that gives me a pretty good perspective on this. But enough. Let's just hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

....crawling out of the cave for a brief pause....well written "montrii". The pen is yet again mightier than the sword. Cast aside the slings and arrows of these silver tongued naysayers. I'm sure that island has it's share of Phi Phraya's, Phi Hua Kaht's and Krause's, Phi Tai Hong's to deal with till the truth(s) is (are) set free....Okay....back into the cave I crawl.....

I am having a really hard time imagining what is prompting the endless and meaningless back-and-forth nasty comments on this topic, one saying "you'll get bitten on the arse," then another saying "NO! It's YOU who'll get bitten!" And you have to read to the bottom of endless quotes to even figure out what the comment is. I certainly can't keep track of who is who in this empty blathering (which includes a lot of bad grammar and misspelling, not to mention spurious logic), and I hope it stops.

What is getting lost here is that two people have been condemned to death, and unless one is seriously out of touch, it's pretty obvious there's a LOT of doubt about their guilt. To tar people who believe in their innocence with nasty epithets such as "truther" is not only rude and mean, but is disrespectful of the life-and-death seriousness of the issue.

I have followed actions in the Thai courts and by the Thai police for decades. I think that anyone who has even a small idea of the way things work on this side of the world will not minimize the corruption, ass-covering, power plays, lies, twisting of words, and scapegoating that goes on in the legal system here. Thailand is not governed by what we in the Western world call "rule of law." Judges may indeed listen to evidence, but very often their minds have been made up long before they even get to that, and as a general rule judicial decisions seem to follow the preferences of the powers that be, rather than what we would see as due process.We see this over and over and over!

It has been painfully obvious to me from the beginning that this conviction is a gross miscarriage of justice. I never saw the "social media" stuff, FB or anywhere else, I just followed the news from day 1. At every step I experienced the rank smell of corruption. This whole thing stinks to high heaven, and how can someone be convicted in an atmosphere like that?

So, unless you are really familiar with the way things work in my adopted country, have not followed this since it began, and if you are only responding to a bunch of social media posts, I think you should not make judgments about what's going on. And in any case, enough with the name-calling. This is about people's lives, not about you and your prejudices and your ego.

I could go on. I myself have spent considerable time on Koh Tao and just that gives me a pretty good perspective on this. But enough. Let's just hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Nicely summed up!

Thai backpacker killers could sue police over bungled investigation

THE men convicted of murdering two British backpackers on a Thai island could demand a retrial after the investigation was found to be ‘incompetent at best’.

Police in Thailand could have to face an international regulator over the way they handled the investigation into the murder of British backpackers Hannah Witheridge and David Miller reported the Independent UK.

International legal and DNA forensics experts have advised Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo — the two Burmese immigrants sentenced to death over the killings — to make a formal complaint and demand a retrial.

The resident Kho Tao trolls were quick to act, some even using the same name. How are your benefactors treating you folks, good these days I guess? The murders are being forced to lay low, they will strike again, can't stop. They had killed before and will kill again. My friend and long time resident of death island long ago packed up his farang gf and split from Thailand completely. He knew one of the B2. That entire case was so screwed up not even a black man in Mississippi would have been convicted.

Hearsay, innuendo (as in above ) and above all-misinformation ad infinitum is all the defenders have. Repeat it a thousand times and folk start thinking it's a fact.

I saw on one comment on a group page where those suffering several recent deaths " were witnesses for defense.."... Even having an overdosed victim as " investigating the case.." Complete lies that run unabated when page admins censor any attempt to counter it- and also cause pain, unnecessary pain to families who may read it.

But the same can be said of your posting here in TVF...you keep claiming evidence is fake, but that's your opinion, not fact. Backup your claims with verifiable evidence chum!! Or are you hoping that if you machine gun out your opinion enough, it might start to stick? I see a wall.. splat splat splat.

replicated DNA that was being offered to the defense for retesting is not an original sample, there is no way to tell if this dna came from slaiva - sperm - blood etc it has already been processed and extracted, it is absolutly usless to make a confirmation match in a criminal case, a criminal case involves matching dna from a crime scene to an accused, i.e. 2 sets of dna to be compared from two sources, extracted or processed dna could be from the same sample i.e. the accused saliva

It would be like taking another saliva sample from the B2 and comparing it with a saliva sample taken earlier - absolutely useless at proving anything

This is why I keep repeating (and certain people keep ignoring)that in order to do a confirmation dna retest,

************only the original samples taken from the victim can be used************

The offer from the prosecution was a ploy and the defence obviously under advisement - declined

but they should have made more of this and demanded the original samples even though a prosecution witness had already testified they no longer existed and shortly after that we had the police chief claiming they still had them, that point is still not clear

boomerangutang, on 30 Dec 2015 - 22:47, said

It's entirely possible that there was never any DNA found in Hannah. Brit forensics didn't find any. Thai forensics said they did and very quickly (and gleefully) claimed with certainty that it matched the scapegoats. Yet what has Thai forensics done right in their entire activity in this case? They lost Hannah's clothes. They lost the hair. They didn't find any DNA on the hoe, but Pontip's team did. They claim Nomsod's DNA is nowhere to be found at the crime scene, yet one of the head investigators couldn't say for sure whether Nomsod's DNA was ever typed, and if so, he was sure RTP didn't have any remaining DNA from him. Regardless, RTP wouldn't share DNA data with Brit experts. Thai forensics didn't notice any of the stab wounds on David. What has Thai forensics done right in this case? That's a real question.

jucel, on 02 Jan 2016 - 18:56, said:

DNA Failings

1. It consists of a one page table replete with hand written amendments, date changes and data alterations. This document would NOT be admissible in any court in the UK, Australia, USA, EU, Hong Kong, Malaysia or Singapore.

2. It is NOT supported by any case notes, chain-of-custody records, nor statistics based on validated population data bases. The omission of that information is a COMPLETE abrogation of international ISO 17025 standards and would lead to a FULL audit of the police laboratory by an international accreditation agency!

3. The table has been used to match DNA components, which is an extreme oversimplification of the entire DNA process! It relies on single alleles rather than genotypes. (An allele is ONE of a pair of genes that appear in ONE part of a chromosome that help to determine heredity traits.)

4. Because there is NO statistical analysis to determine the probability of the stated frequencies in the table, it is absolutely NOT possible to determine the likelihood of the accused as being the contributors to the mixture! There, in fact, could be a VERY large number of other individuals who could NOT be ruled out as contributors!

5. It is, therefore, COMPLETELY erroneous (wrong) to claim a DNA match on the basis of the position of mere alleles on a DNA molecule without statistics to determine the probability!

For these reasons, it CANNOT be said (from any kind of scientific or legal standpoint) that there was a match between the DNA from the semen the police alleged to have and the DNA that was (forcibly, without consent or legal representation) retrieved from the two accused! Basing the conviction on COMPLETELY flawed DNA evidence has resulted in an EXTREME miscarriage of justice!

SiSePuede419, on 03 Jan 2016 - 07:00, said:

"therefore, COMPLETELY erroneous (wrong) to claim a DNA match on the basis of the position of mere alleles on a DNA molecule without statistics to determine the probability"

An interesting observation on these KT threads when I see certain posters spamming, a sure sign for me that someone is making a lot of effort to deflect the truth and saturate the thread with very obvious nonsense posts, another thread that received this type of attention was that of Luke Millar who was found floating in the pool of a local hotel, police speculated that he drowned and offered nothing else to explain the injuries observed on his body, a medical examiner later confirmed that he did not drown but as usual that is were it ended....case closed, nobody saw anything - cctv was not available - yet another young life gone on Paradise Island a place that should be bulldozed level and returned to nature or actually returned to the Thai people as it is all public land

What could go wrong with a Trial by Social Media?

Hounded Online and Off, Man Commits Suicide Over Bombing Claim

"A man committed suicide last night in his northern metro Bangkok home, days after an online claim was made that he was the bomber behind the Erawan Shrine attack.

Kittisak Meemang, 36, was discovered hanged in his bedroom at his home in Pathum Thani province at around 9pm last night, police told reporters, and his family believes he was hounded into taking his life after someone used his Facebook account to post a message in his name.

Two men on a motorcycle stopped Kittisak while he was going to work at around 9am yesterday and punched him before driving away, she said, adding that he filed a police complaint and then chose to stay home from work."

Evidently the people that condone what the Samui Times is doing haven't though things through, or are OK with virtual lynch mobs... in the name of justice of course.

An interesting observation on these KT threads when I see certain posters spamming, a sure sign for me that someone is making a lot of effort to deflect the truth and saturate the thread with very obvious nonsense posts, another thread that received this type of attention was that of Luke Millar who was found floating in the pool of a local hotel, police speculated that he drowned and offered nothing else to explain the injuries observed on his body, a medical examiner later confirmed that he did not drown but as usual that is were it ended....case closed, nobody saw anything - cctv was not available - yet another young life gone on Paradise Island a place that should be bulldozed level and returned to nature or actually returned to the Thai people as it is all public land

would you be bulldozing sleaze capital pattaya at the same time??......that place is in the news on a daily basis. Do they have a serial balcony pusher up there?, daily reports of brawls, stabbings, robbery and death!!...what a lovely place and equally lovely tourists!!

with the amount of 'young' tourists that vist Koh tao, even on a daily basis this can be 1000+ per day if you include capacity of all the boats the amount of trouble here is minuscule compared to other places. i could count the amount of altercations over the last 10 years I've seen on 1 hand....i need to use 2 to count pattayas...thats just in a week posted on TV.

labelling the whole island is a pathetic thing to say..in that logic i can safely say they you are a ' fat sex tourist'!

the murders of H & D were shocking to all here, yes it was handled very poorly from the start, but for the 6 or so police here at the time used to sleepy life it was way over their capacity but that doesn't mean the whole island is in on it, you lot go on about the 'mafia' controlled this, your aganga that, your benefactors..total garbage....the whole mafia thing only came into the news when that drunk PRI%K sean mc anna posted on his FB page..but of course sensationalised news sells and with the press here at the time just fishing for any thing to write it was a god send. There are many rich families here..practially all of the ones with resorts on the beach and some a lot more wealthy then the ones your slating here.

as for mon being on the beach...there were a few other on the beach at the time , local doctors, volunteer rescue amongst others that were not police or qualified forensic..were they all distracting the police and quickly gathering up tell tale evidence?

although i think sean Mc spanna was a complete BSing tool, i have been told that there is video of him on a motorcycle with the 2 burmese guys, i have not seen it myself..has anyone? it is on the anonymous video?..with that in mind i found this interesting when someone posted it, i was reminded of the murder of 2 girls in UK when it turned out to be their school caretaker, but he was hanging around for 2 weeks helping the police enquiries and searches, in on the 'action' first hand...he was even interviewed.....maybe sean writing on DM Facebook page, bringing the murders into every conversation he had with people...sniffing around AC bar....maybe he wasn't just full of Sh&t.

Some criminals believe that they are smarter than the police and want to watch them try to figure out what happened. Others revel in the chaos and hardship that they cause. Others may be uncertain about what's going on and want to see what evidence is being gathered so that they can assess their likelihood of getting caught. And for some specific criminals, it's a demonstration to the witnesses and the onlookers of their power - that they can stand there and watch while the police investigate the crime, and there's nothing anyone can do about it

I other words the claimed DNA tests were in fact hogwash

Really? Says who? Taupin?

"The scientific records were not provided for review (for whatever reason) and thus as a scientist I could not perform a scientific review, or determine whether these records accorded with the principles of the standard," (see below for context)

"Without these, any scientific review is limited and thus itself does not achieve a proper standard," (see below for context)

Here's a response to it

What did Jane Taupin say about the DNA evidence?’ – Part 1

A critical analysis and evaluation of the Lindsay Murdoch article “Australian scientist Jane Taupin questions Koh Tao death penalty evidence”

Note: Part 1 will only be a discussion of direct quotes from Ms. Jane Taupin in the above article.

In Lindsay Murdoch’s 733 word article “Australian scientist Jane Taupin questions Koh Tao death penalty evidence”, only two sentences (51 words total) are actual quotes from Jane Taupin’s ‘review of the DNA evidence’ in the Koh Tao Murder Trial:

"The scientific records were not provided for review (for whatever reason) and thus as a scientist I could not perform a scientific review, or determine whether these records accorded with the principles of the standard," (see below for context)

"Without these, any scientific review is limited and thus itself does not achieve a proper standard," (see below for context)

From her quotes, the following can be ascertained:

- The ‘scientific records’ were not provided (either to Ms. Taupin, the Court, or both)

- Ms. Taupin could not perform a ‘scientific review’

- Ms. Taupin could not determine if the ‘scientific records’ were in agreement with the ‘principles of the standard’ or not because she never saw the records

- Without the records, any ‘scientific review’ conducted by Ms. Taupin is limited

- Any ‘scientific review’ that is conducted by Ms. Taupin on these records would not achieve a ‘proper standard’ for a ‘scientific review’

In summary, it was not possible for Ms. Taupin to determine whether or not the ‘scientific records’ met the ‘principles of the standard’ because they were not provided to her and therefore she could not evaluate them. If she did evaluate them without seeing them, her review would not meet that acceptable standards for a scientific review.

In other words, she couldn't evaluate something that she never saw.

Additional notes:

Ms. Jane Taupin is a Forensic Science Consultant from Melbourne, Australia and a non testifying expert witness for the defence team in the Koh Tao Murder Trial [1,2]

Mr. Lindsay Murdoch is a South-East Asia correspondent for Fairfax Media. [1]

Quote 1 Context:

In a review of the DNA evidence obtained by Fairfax Media, Ms Taupin said no documents detailing the collection, movement, handling and chain of custody of DNA samples were provided to the court which is required under United States and United Kingdom codes of practice.

"The scientific records were not provided for review (for whatever reason) and thus as a scientist I could not perform a scientific review, or determine whether these records accorded with the principles of the standard," she said.

Quote 2 Context

Ms Taupin said case file notes from the Thai police forensic laboratory should have been produced that showed a continuity of exhibits and the rationale for any scientific testing.

"Without these, any scientific review is limited and thus itself does not achieve a proper standard," she said.

would you be bulldozing sleaze capital pattaya at the same time??......that place is in the news on a daily basis. Do they have a serial balcony pusher up there?, daily reports of brawls, stabbings, robbery and death!!...what a lovely place and equally lovely tourists!!

with the amount of 'young' tourists that vist Koh tao, even on a daily basis this can be 1000+ per day if you include capacity of all the boats the amount of trouble here is minuscule compared to other places. i could count the amount of altercations over the last 10 years I've seen on 1 hand....i need to use 2 to count pattayas...thats just in a week posted on TV.

labelling the whole island is a pathetic thing to say..in that logic i can safely say they you are a ' fat sex tourist'!

the murders of H & D were shocking to all here, yes it was handled very poorly from the start, but for the 6 or so police here at the time used to sleepy life it was way over their capacity but that doesn't mean the whole island is in on it, you lot go on about the 'mafia' controlled this, your aganga that, your benefactors..total garbage....the whole mafia thing only came into the news when that drunk PRI%K sean mc anna posted on his FB page..but of course sensationalised news sells and with the press here at the time just fishing for any thing to write it was a god send. There are many rich families here..practially all of the ones with resorts on the beach and some a lot more wealthy then the ones your slating here.

as for mon being on the beach...there were a few other on the beach at the time , local doctors, volunteer rescue amongst others that were not police or qualified forensic..were they all distracting the police and quickly gathering up tell tale evidence?

although i think sean Mc spanna was a complete BSing tool, i have been told that there is video of him on a motorcycle with the 2 burmese guys, i have not seen it myself..has anyone? it is on the anonymous video?..with that in mind i found this interesting when someone posted it, i was reminded of the murder of 2 girls in UK when it turned out to be their school caretaker, but he was hanging around for 2 weeks helping the police enquiries and searches, in on the 'action' first hand...he was even interviewed.....maybe sean writing on DM Facebook page, bringing the murders into every conversation he had with people...sniffing around AC bar....maybe he wasn't just full of Sh&t.

Some criminals believe that they are smarter than the police and want to watch them try to figure out what happened. Others revel in the chaos and hardship that they cause. Others may be uncertain about what's going on and want to see what evidence is being gathered so that they can assess their likelihood of getting caught. And for some specific criminals, it's a demonstration to the witnesses and the onlookers of their power - that they can stand there and watch while the police investigate the crime, and there's nothing anyone can do about it

I would not trust We Are Anonymous or CSI La. That video by WAA was complete propaganda and the owner of that page is a complete conspiracy nutter, another Anonymous wanna be and just another FB page propagating the lies.

CSI La did things like alter running man's nose to look more like Nom Sod's

post-249774-0-50506200-1461813891_thumb.

The orig video is nowhere as clear showing the nose

post-249774-0-52552900-1461814009_thumb.

But those sideburns do show up-here is Zaw Lin, the convicted migrant worker at arrest

post-249774-0-17510800-1461814122_thumb.

When they are released in the near future it will be you and the other rtp supporters that will be bitten on the arse no one else.

Maybe it's not the RTP we support, but truth.

Suggest you stop relying on anonymously written articles sourced from third rate rags (Evening Standard) where quoted "experts" don't even have names.

Not hard to figure out who wrote it, an erstwhile Samui resident with her own propaganda web site that censors pictures like this.

post-249774-0-24761500-1461815301_thumb.

Archived