loosing interest in the game.

meatboy

as this has been done a death,i will tell you what happened this morning.1am-4am.

watching the first half of rugby before the florentina vs juventus game.

twice the comentators got it wrong untill the ref. went to the TMO.

now as a nuetral i love to watch good football,but what i saw this morning i dread to think what will happen at euro 2016.

bad decisions,blind linesman not doing the game any good,cheets[players]

florentina scored a great goal only for the linesman to rule offside WRONG

referee giving a penalty WRONG

players cheeting by going down as if the had been poleaxed,rolling in agony and holding their heads in both hands,all of them not a mark on them.

the fans are getting cheeted and every one else who watches the game.

so its TMO or nothing and before you say it takes too much time it wont as players will know cheet and your caught,and refs.dont have to put up with the abuse.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you should both have stopped watching thirty years ago then. because referees made mistakes back then too.

more technology in football will absolutely not improve the game. it'll just give sponsors another thing to stick their logo on, sky sports another thing to show incessant replays of and the melts in the stadiums watching the match that is actually in front of them on their <deleted> iphones something else to rewatch and tweet and facebook.

the rules of the game haven't really changed. referees get 95% of decisions right. leave it alone.

The rules in rugby, cricket, tennis and other sports hadn't changed but they introduced technology to try and cut out the gaffes and improve the correctness of the result, so why does football put itself on a pedestal that video review, for example, won't work or will spoil the game - football should trial it so we can see if it does or doesn't work.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Football has gone to soft for me, the slightest touch and the players hit the floor, to many cheats in the game WHO have mastered the art of cheating.

The refs fall for it all the time.

The rules in rugby, cricket, tennis and other sports hadn't changed but they introduced technology to try and cut out the gaffes and improve the correctness of the result, so why does football put itself on a pedestal that video review, for example, won't work or will spoil the game - football should trial it so we can see if it does or doesn't work.

we've been here a thousand times before in this discussion so there's no point doing it again. but the sports you name there are all stop-start by their very natures, football is not. and what does "the correctness of the result" even mean? you going to start fining strikers for missing open goals and keepers for amateurish ricks?

just leave it alone.

we've been here a thousand times before in this discussion so there's no point doing it again. but the sports you name there are all stop-start by their very natures, football is not. and what does "the correctness of the result" even mean? you going to start fining strikers for missing open goals and keepers for amateurish ricks?

just leave it alone.

come on stevie,so you think football is not a stop-start game,so when a player goes down cheeting or injured its PLAY ON eh.

what if your team was near the relagation end and scored a perfectly taken goal that keeps them UP, only for one of the officials to rule it out.

i would call that ROBBERY.

if it went upstairs and was ruled ligit that is what i call CORRECT RESULT.which would MEAN FAIR PLAY.

so does that mean stevie you only watch football and no other sport and decisions go against you unfairly you take like a man.clap2.giffacepalm.gifsad.png

And again, all of them have natural breaks which make it easy.

All it will do for football is fark it up.

You might as well accede to the America's 1994 request to make it four quarters.

I vote NO!

post-4641-1156693976.gif

Rugby is very similar to football, the ball is in play except when stopped for fouls, throw ins, scrums/freekicks, tries/goals, etc. The average effective time the ball is in play in football is 55mins . I see little difference in implementing video technology in rugby - which doesn't spoil the game, but helps ensure the correct decision is made (SteveH pretty sure you understood what I was trying to say in my earlier post) - to football, and football should take similar steps instead of just negatively saying it wouldn't help and would impact the game, rubbish. Try it, if it works then great, if it doesn't work then revert.

http://www.soccermetrics.net/team-performance/effective-time-in-football

Rugby isn't similar to football; it's rubbish by comparison. The ball is out of sight for much of a Rugby Union game. Punching, eye gouging, stamping, forearm smashes, stud raking are all inconvenienced by the presence of a ball (though not really a ball). Good to see Vardy getting his punishment for cheating; though I want Leicester to win the Prem; and I wouldn't be against a straight red for diving / simulation. Bad reffing has been in the sport since the game began. I don't want the game held up every 5 minutes for timeouts to review decisions, but I think the 4th official; a ref himself; should have more responsibility than at present. Any halfwit can hold up a board for substitutions and injury times and soak up abuse from the benches. They need to do more to earn their money.

My daughter didn't like Tuna, until she tried it. Now she loves it.

She also didn't like Whole grain bread cos of the "bits" in. Then she tried it and still doesn't like it.

The point is, we will never know if it's good for the game, slows the game down or even quickens it up, until we at least try it.

If it doesn't work, I'll be the first to admit it but football can't carry on with all these mistakes.

I wouldn't want to see it week in, week out football, but Euros and WC i would like to see it.

The stage is too great for some and most likely the will is too weak for others when it comes to refusing brown paper bags.

Edited by BangrakBob

My daughter didn't like Tuna, until she tried it. Now she loves it.

She also didn't like Whole grain bread cos of the "bits" in. Then she tried it and still doesn't like it.

The point is, we will never know if it's good for the game, slows the game down or even quickens it up, until we at least try it.

If it doesn't work, I'll be the first to admit it but football can't carry on with all these mistakes.

If it doesn't work, I'll also be the first to admit it but football can't carry on with all these mistakes, and doesn't need to continue putting up with these mistakes, as in the top tier of professional football the technology is available to help.

Goalline technology. It's helped hasn't it. There were no doubt naysayers on introducing such technology.

Ps. MrBJ, sounds like you've a smart daughter ;-)

The refs should get miked up for one... all these cowardly footballers would soon stop the back chatting if the public could hear them and i am in favour of both teams having a chance to challenge the refs decision by going upstairs to a video reply with a TMO maybe start off with allowing each team just 1 challenge a half for decisions like penaltys,straight reds and offsides that may produce a goal,diving and off the ball incidents,the only way it could work is if the manager or captain asks for it directly with the ref or fourth official within 30 seconds of the action.

It's a moot point as thanks to the outcry from enraged Manchester Dhabi fans they are going to trial it anyway.

Presumably broadcasters love it, lots more opportunity for commercial breaks.

"And while they're rewinding the tape, we'll just take a short break.....".

annoyed.gif

Pretty soon ' smart' managers and players will be using referalls tactically 'Oh, 5 mins to go and were under real pressure, no worries i've still got a referal left that'll help take the pressure off.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

"And while they're rewinding the tape, we'll just take a short break.....".

And that, right there, ladies and gentlemen is where the luddites are getting confused. Tapes went out last century Chic.

I can just envision Chic with his knife stuck in his Betamax, trying to prise out his favourite Only Fools and Horses tape

Pretty soon ' smart' managers and players will be using referalls tactically 'Oh, 5 mins to go and were under real pressure, no worries i've still got a referal left that'll help take the pressure off.

The clock would stop and if the present pattern is anything to go by the referrals will be used when needed...why waste one tactically when you might need it if a contentious decision pops up in injury time?

1 each a half they would be used for major decisions only i should imagine that is the reason to only give 1 a half to stop it being used tactically.

I am all for it!

No different to using subs like they do now or shielding the ball in the oppositions corner to time waste. There would also need to be a valid decision to refer i.e. penalty, off-side goal, red card etc in which case there would be a natural break anyway

It's a moot point as thanks to the outcry from enraged Manchester Dhabi fans they are going to trial it

.....".

annoyed.gif

Yeah they're in game for '10' mins and they want to change the worlds most successful team sport.

No different to using subs like they do now or shielding the ball in the oppositions corner to time waste. There would also need to be a valid decision to refer i.e. penalty, off-side goal, red card etc in which case there would be a natural break anyway

And you like it when a manager uses ?? Subs in injury time.?? Natural break,, bullshit,, managers will be jumping all over it in their game management plan,, objecting when referalls are refused, stretching them out. It be just another watering down of the flow of the game

Imo the game is most attractive when its in full flow you may think differently that's up you.

rijit the rules are changing every season if you havent noticed some times it is for the best as it will stop a lot of the diving and verbal <deleted> that goes on.

And you will get more entertainment as the laws will stop a lot of the frustrating stuff that goes on nowadays.

whatever you think football is changing and one day will be using technology weather the fans like it or not,most managers want it.

The clock would stop and if the present pattern is anything to go by the referrals will be used when needed...why waste one tactically when you might need it if a contentious decision pops up in injury time?

1 each a half they would be used for major decisions only i should imagine that is the reason to only give 1 a half to stop it being used tactically.

I am all for it!

1 each half, so you challenge a decision in the 46th minute, which the replay shows you were right to query. However, you now have to play virtually a whole half, unable to challenge any more decisions, and having to accept every decision, however contentious, made by the officials.

And have no objections to thing that dont slow the game down only things that are likely to and easily manipulated.

Edited by rijit

I am all for it!

1 each half, so you challenge a decision in the 46th minute, which the replay shows you were right to query. However, you now have to play virtually a whole half, unable to challenge any more decisions, and having to accept every decision, however contentious, made by the officials.

yep same as tennis.the main one i like is the refs to be miked up that would stop a lot instantly...just like the white line powder did.

I am all for it!

As opposed to O 0 away from home in the 89th min your under a lot of pressure and still got a

referall a manager will use it anyway he can to break the play up and swallow any likely comeback.