Two Women and a Man Thrown From Saleng Sidecar in Pattaya Crash

webfact

Two Women and a Man Thrown From Saleng Sidecar in Pattaya Crash

p333.jpg

PATTAYA: -- At 03:00 AM on Thursday 28th April two women and a man were violently thrown from their Saleng motorbike and sidecar after being hit by a Toyota Vios at North Pattaya.

The bronze Toyota Vios crashed into the back of the wood and metal sidecar addition to the motorbike at the traffic lights at Chaloem Phra Kiat, Pattaya Third Road, North Pattaya, causing the 3 passengers to fall, bouncing and sliding along the road.

The 28-year-old driver of the Vios, Mr. Eakmongkol Limhongtong, said he was driving along North Pattaya Road heading towards the Dolphin Roundabout when the Suzuki Saleng braked to a stop suddenly causing him to smash into the back of it very hard.

Source: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/crime/223506/two-women-man-thrown-saleng-sidecar-pattaya-crash/#prettyPhoto

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-04-28

Many times, these sidecars don't have tail lights or working break lights. They also don't seem to be wearing helmets. Hard to tell what was going on. I hope they recover quickly.

And they are sometimes going hell for leather as well. But look at the damage to the Vios. He hammered that trike hard so even if the trike was braking hard, the car should have been going a whole lot slower. Most of you know what the drill is when coming down Nua to the Dolphin. It's a "will he or wont he stop" scenario and the first one to blink usually has to stop. But in a rear-ender, nobody see's the other guys eyes.

It's like flogging a dead horse here talking about road safety in Thailand and in Pattaya in particular,

no respect for road laws and rules, much less for human lives, and so the accident's merry go around

will continue to go around and a round......

"Police will investigate CCTV and question witnesses to determine fault and if any of the parties had driven in a reckless manner"

Whether the CCTV will end up to have not been working, will of course depend on who the car driver is,or connected to

It's like flogging a dead horse here talking about road safety in Thailand and in Pattaya in particular,

no respect for road laws and rules, much less for human lives, and so the accident's merry go around

I hate to interrupt your Thai-bash but vehicle accidents happen around the world...not just in Thailand.

Many times, these sidecars don't have tail lights or working break lights. They also don't seem to be wearing helmets. Hard to tell what was going on. I hope they recover quickly.

And they are sometimes going hell for leather as well. But look at the damage to the Vios. He hammered that trike hard so even if the trike was braking hard, the car should have been going a whole lot slower. Most of you know what the drill is when coming down Nua to the Dolphin. It's a "will he or wont he stop" scenario and the first one to blink usually has to stop. But in a rear-ender, nobody see's the other guys eyes.

What are you talking about, the accident happened somewhere around the 3rd Road and Pattaya Nua intersection. Your first post above was also incomprehensible. I know you like to slam Thais for bad driving but at least try to make some sense.

As far as I know all these saleng contraptions are illegal and should not be on the roads. There are only 1 or 2 factory made side car motorcycles that have been approved and that can be legally registred.

I guess that the owners of all these salengs must remove the side car when they do their anual inspection, or just pay a "service fee" to the inspector?

A bronze Toyota vs. a Saleng?

Of course the Toyota driver is innocent and blame it on the opponent...

Basic Thai traffic rules.

Actually, Thai traffic rules say the bigger vehicle is responsible. At least according to who's going to pay.

"Police will investigate CCTV and question witnesses to determine fault and if any of the parties had driven in a reckless manner"

Whether the CCTV will end up to have not been working, will of course depend on who the car driver is,or connected to

And as usual PattayaONE will not provide an update of anything, so here we can speculate to the end of time.

These quality reports get boring,

Edited by KhunBENQ

Actually, Thai traffic rules say the bigger vehicle is responsible. At least according to who's going to pay.

Actually, NO.

Actually, NO.

I'm referring to payments, not the actual law. Hit a scooter in a car and you're likely to have to pay up. Just the way it is. Especially if you are a foreigner!! LOL

I saw similar to this happen on beach road once, actually the driver of the pickup wanted money from the sidecar and the sidecar guys payed, probably only 20b but in Thailand its assumed the poorer person is guilty and must pay the richer person, regardless of the circumstances of the accident

What are you talking about, the accident happened somewhere around the 3rd Road and Pattaya Nua intersection. Your first post above was also incomprehensible. I know you like to slam Thais for bad driving but at least try to make some sense.

I would ask you to pull your head in but I see that you have a comprehension disability so I'll let it go.

I hate to interrupt your Thai-bash but vehicle accidents happen around the world...not just in Thailand.

Yes, but it is the cause and frequency that we question here .

As far as I know all these saleng contraptions are illegal and should not be on the roads. There are only 1 or 2 factory made side car motorcycles that have been approved and that can be legally registred.

I guess that the owners of all these salengs must remove the side car when they do their anual inspection, or just pay a "service fee" to the inspector?

Are you sure about these "legal" sidecars----- I wanted to buy one a few yrs ago and was told no-one makes them cos they are ALL illegal

Are you sure about these "legal" sidecars----- I wanted to buy one a few yrs ago and was told no-one makes them cos they are ALL illegal

As far as I know Tiger Retro 110cc and Stallion 125cc are the only legal MC with side car. You can probably get your own design approved but don't think this is very common.

Just a question, do the RTP have any first aid training?

I've never seen a picture of a Thai police officer administering first aid, stopping bleeding etc. They just seem to wait for the tattooed geeks in the souped up EMS pick ups to turn up while the victims bleed to death on the road.

Of course there's people making them, yes, strictly speaking they're illegal, (except for the ice cream vendors), but the local bobbies know that if they started busting everyone that uses a sidecar, the station would be a pile of ashes pretty quickly.