LATEST: Vicious Hua Hin mob attack on British family caught on video stuns the world

webfact

unprovoked?

they started it by pushing the thai guy and then she punches him in the face.

ThaiVisa has terrible journalistic standards. Did you even watch the video before writing the article?

And you have terrible eyes... It was a bit of a melee, respect for the elderly should've been in order. When they stood up against it they didn't realize the "thainess" of mob mentality. And kicking an elderly woman in the face as she's trying to get up is as chicken as can be. Cowards!! Or....were you one of 'm?

I know this is unexcusable cowardly behaviour but as soon as it kicked off, at their age, they should have picked up their son and got the hell out of there asap instead of confronting the drunken assailants and provoking more aggression. They are obviously not streetwise as I would avoid crowds of young drunks like this during a festival anytime anywhere in the World.......And not just at a festival, most people of my age; their age, if they have any sense, would also avoid UK city centres on a Friday or Saturday night when the streets are full of groups of binge-drinkers on the rampage. When so many people are that drunk violence can kick off at anytime.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Get your self a bigger bucket and bail faster, the issue is who started it and who threw the first punch.

And you say that "swatting the fella is wrong" you neglect to add that it's extremely and very wrong for a foreigner to do that to a Thai male and in public, the loss of face is what this is all about but you seem not to understand that. Have you ever been to Thailand apart from a two week holiday to Pattaya!

OK, you and me are done here on this because you fail on too many fronts and have been too mouthy and I'm cutting back on the number of idiots I debate with - the facts are right there in the video, believe what you want but don't try and make yourself look too foolish when you spout your nonsense because everyone else is looking at the same video and coming up with different answers, everyone except the Thai bashers that is.

The guy that got succor punched was standing off and diddnt do anything. The Thai that hit him stepped into and snapped his hips when he kicked on the ground. That's kickboxing. That guy just wanted to beat people. It had nothing to do with saving face on his part.

You need to watch the video again, the woman slapped the man prior to that point.

I give up on this, if people can't be arsed or even relied on to watch a short video and try to understand it, there's no hope for any of you.

I saw the slap. Not smart, but the guy in the red shirt was cowardly succor punched. No doubt about it.

Did you see the older farang guy throw the first punch, though?

Your right he threw something. Then what followed up was uncalled for, but I wouldn't expect to punch a Thai man like that without it going unanswered. The little shit that kicked the old lady in the head is a little bitch though.

Exactly. What happened was pretty brutal and inexcusable. But if you punch a drunk Thai in the face in a crowded place, it's only going to end one way really.

Agreed. Like gravity. That's why I Know how to put my hands together and apologize and I avoid Thai men that are drinking period. I also travel alone so I don't get wrapped up in anyone else's shit. The only Thai men I ever strike up a conversation with are musicians and I always give a descent tip.

This was a vile and vicious attack.These scum should be severely punished and it must be seen that they are punished severely to the rest of the world. if not,this one attack alone will badly damage Thailand as a place to holiday.it must be shown that these type of filth cannot just go about doing this,at will.drunkenness is no excuse.If its an excuse then it should be made illegal to be drunk in public.And that would go for tourists as well.

They should have the shit beat out of them in the nick and then be paraded, with the excuse that they tried to resist arrest at the police station,in front of the media showing their bruises.This type of thing,cannot and must not be tolerated.

Wheres the PM's wishes and dreams now that this has happened.

Come on general get your act together and show the world you mean business.

The video is not easy to follow...who started what, who really knows. Though it does look like the expat put his hand on the Thai guy first, but I could be wrong. For certain... there were many drunk people on the street and no police in sight. You would think the police would have a strong presence in events like these. Songkran is an event that invites violence, especially when large amounts of alcohol are involved. Songkran needs redesigning, police need to be proactive, and special attention to crowd management is much needed... Better yet, cancel the street parties and allow Songkran only to take place in temples / wats, after all it is a Buddhist event isn't it?

The Thai Police? Who are they? What are they supposed to do? Where are they when you need them? Proactive? Very wishful thinking. That would require planning, vision, intelligence, and concern.

It seems like they always show up AFTER an accident, incident, theft, or murder. But before? That would be crime prevention. Have you ever heard of the Thai police engaging in any sort of traffic safety, or public safety campaign? Does anyone think many of them really care? Their level of apathy, and their lack of talent and training continues to astonish even those of us who have been here for many, many years. In my opinion, they are almost completely useless. Of course, I am no fan of law enforcement, in general. But, at least in many parts of the world you can count on the police, when you really need them. And they do engage in traffic safety. Here? Definitely not.

My friends who have had many dealings with the police, say that almost without exception, it would have been better to have avoided getting them involved, in almost any situation. What does that say about them?

That`s my observation and suggest others watch that video and draw their own conclusions.

Which is exactly what most folks have done, only some are trying to pass it off as 'fact' to suit their flawed agendas, when it is merely an individual interpretation of events.

Without having been there, heard or read witness statements, 'facts' will not be clear until such witness statements are made public. The only 'facts' there are, is that three elderly tourists were set about by a group of thugs and attacked beyond the bounds of human decency.

Bringing in tired age old excuses like 'they deserved it for causing loss of face' only clouds the extant 'facts' available thus far in this case which I have laid out for the simple minded above.

Its the same story of random violence whether in Pattaya, Phuket or Hua Hin and it is getting worse. Locals kicking the crap out of tourists or worse murdering them.

How many Thai's come to England to be beaten viciously and with regular occurrence when on their holiday in the UK? Absolutely none I suspect.

"Thais would never do something like this..." Oh, sorry - forgot - too many witnesses!

Not only can they not say that in this case, but they can never say it again. Kicking an old lady in the head shows there is nothing a Thai will not do to a tourist.

"Thais would never do something like this..."

In other news, some guy has posted a topic how the locals think it's OK to abuse his wife as he stands there outside a supermarket, but it's been a quiet week for armed raids on foreigners playing Bridge or sitting drinking a beer.

You know what they'll be saying about Thailand's expats and tourists soon, don't you?

That they are just dirty old men because....

They have a thing for being violently, bureaucratically and racially abused and are so addicted they want to stay long term or keep on coming back for it.

Deviants!

That`s my observation and suggest others watch that video and draw their own conclusions.

Which is exactly what most folks have done, only some are trying to pass it off as 'fact' to suit their flawed agendas, when it is merely an individual interpretation of events.

Without having been there, heard or read witness statements, 'facts' will not be clear until such witness statements are made public. The only 'facts' there are, is that three elderly tourists were set about by a group of thugs and attacked beyond the bounds of human decency.

Bringing in tired age old excuses like 'they deserved it for causing loss of face' only clouds the extant 'facts' available thus far in this case which I have laid out for the simple minded above.

All you have to do is watch the video, watch it slowly and stop imbibing beforehand. If you do those things you'll be able to form a judgement of your own, yes you, a real opinion of your very own, one based on fact!

"An individual interpretation of events", jesus, where do you drag this stuff up from!

All you have to do is watch the video, watch it slowly and stop imbibing beforehand. If you do those things you'll be able to form a judgement of your own, yes you, a real opinion of your very own, one based on fact!

"An individual interpretation of events", jesus, where do you drag this stuff up from!

I 'drag' this stuff up from my incredible ability to understand what 'fact' is and how to interpret and analyse what I see from a video without ranting wildly about 'facts' 'losing face' or making myself look foolish in the process.

Why are you commenting if you don't condone their actions. What is your point?

By pointing out various things in the video you are attributing blame to the victims.

You are justifying the actions with you inane comments

This is now going to be difficult to keep in perspective now that that the news has reached abroad. What makes it worse, I recall there being a 'campaign' to keep tourists safe during SongKran so this will add to the outrageous act of unprovoked violence.

Now, the murders on the islands which were also broadcast abroad plus this, plus the way investigations are done I fear that Thailand will get a reputation and that's when the problem might get a lot worse. I cast my mind back to the hooliganism that hit British football the majority of which were caused by opposing hooligan/criminal elements and wonder if similar 'elements' existing today might rub their hands together 'spoiling for a good punch up' or simply 'avenging', abroad. The problem will then escalate out of control and it will not only affect tourists but there is bound to be an affect on those who live here.

The attacker who kicked the old lady on the ground doesn't display anything else but violent intent, certainly doesn't look drunk to me on the video. What a gutless coward. Nor did the chaps on the steps make any attempt to help and just stood there and watched even as the family lay on the ground. Sickening.

Edited by TKDfella

The facts are clear- Iit was around 2 AM on a crowded street and the first blows were struck by the tourists. Slapping anyone in the face is an insult and when alcohol involved can and did lead to a violent reaction. Had the three tourists left before the slap and push there would have been no incident. Instead, they caused an escalation and it ended in a violent assault on their person. The Thai men over reacted and caused bodily harm to the tourists. The fact is under the law all parties who struck a blow are guilty of either assault or violent assault. The Thais would be the ones with the most serious charge. You cannot slap anyone no matter what they say to you.

This could have happened anywhere in the World and it is all a result of people- both Westerners and Thai over indulging in alcohol and an inability to control themselves. I cannot ever imagine my grandmother or grandfather slapping or hitting anyone for any reason. The World seems to revel in violence and acting out as a solution to everything. In the 50 years I have been living and coming to Thailand- I have never had a confrontation with a Thai person. However, I have seen many confrontations between foreigners and witnessed Thai on Thai fights. In every case- alcohol fueled. Most Thai people are difficult to provoke but once provoked react quite violently. This does not make me a Thai apologist but a realist who understands both the Western and Thai psyche. If you are uninformed and travel abroad, the last thing you want is a confrontation.

I am sorry the actual facts do not match what some people want to believe happened but the truth is what counts. All of the people involved in this incident need to take a good long look at their behavior and get anger and alcohol counselling. In addition, the rage some people exhibit against Thailand the the general Thai public is way out of proportion to the reality of life in Thailand.

This is now going to be difficult to keep in perspective now that that the news has reached abroad. What makes it worse, I recall there being a 'campaign' to keep tourists safe during SongKran so this will add to the outrageous act of unprovoked violence.

Now, the murders on the islands which were also broadcast abroad plus this, plus the way investigations are done I fear that Thailand will get a reputation and that's when the problem might get a lot worse. I cast my mind back to the hooliganism that hit British football the majority of which were caused by opposing hooligan/criminal elements and wonder if similar 'elements' existing today might rub their hands together 'spoiling for a good punch up' or simply 'avenging', abroad. The problem will then escalate out of control and it will not only affect tourists but there is bound to be an affect on those who live here.

The attacker who kicked the old lady on the ground doesn't display anything else but violent intent, certainly doesn't look drunk to me on the video. What a gutless coward. Nor did the chaps on the steps make any attempt to help and just stood there and watched even as the family lay on the ground. Sickening.

No it won't.

It wasn't unprovoked. The tourists threw the first punches. Watch the video again...

Flame/Insult posts have been removed. Discuss or debate the issue NOT the poster and no personal attacks.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

No it won't.

It wasn't unprovoked. The tourists threw the first punches. Watch the video again...

Metapod, You need to get real. You are telling me that the old lady on the ground gets kicked in the face by someone who was not even part of the origin? So You are saying that kick was provoked?? What planet are you on?

I got to say. As thugishly violent and inhuman the Thais were, it was the Brit lady and the old guy that actually threw the first blows. They were not simply innocent victims. They were instigators themselves. They would have probably gotton out of that one unscathed if they had kept their hands to themselves. No excuses for the thugs though.

I also want to remind people this stuff happens around bars in busy areas all over the world. Not long ago a couple was stabbed by a pub in my area, several beatings, and a lady was shot last year. I don't know why it gets so much more attention comeing from Thailand, but drunk thug Thais are no different than drunk thug Americans, Brits, Canadians or whatever. Thais do not have the market cornered on thugary.

Why are you commenting if you don't condone their actions. What is your point?

By pointing out various things in the video you are attributing blame to the victims.

You are justifying the actions with you inane comments

What part of, "watch the video, watch it slowly and stop imbibing beforehand. If you do those things you'll be able to form a judgement of your own" was not clear to you? And to be clear, yes indeed I do blame the foreigners for starting that fight and for throwing the first punches, do you understand anything about Thai culture, have you ever been to Thailand!

I got to say. As thugishly violent and inhuman the Thais were, it was the Brit lady and the old guy that actually threw the first blows. They were not simply innocent victims. They were instigators themselves. They would have probably gotton out of that one unscathed if they had kept their hands to themselves. No excuses for the thugs though.

I also want to remind people this stuff happens around bars in busy areas all over the world. Not long ago a couple was stabbed by a pub in my area, several beatings, and a lady was shot last year. I don't know why it gets so much more attention comeing from Thailand, but drunk thug Thais are no different than drunk thug Americans, Brits, Canadians or whatever. Thais do not have the market cornered on thugary.

Sorry, disagree entirely. Not about the video. About the statement Thais do not have the market cornered on thuggery.

Domestic violence is endemic in Thailand. It's rarely reported because the police have the same mindset as the perpetrators. Women from the age of about 10 are supposed to be subservient to the male. Incest is commonly practised, not that you will ever see meaningful statistics.

In Western culture, it is a given you do not hit a woman, irrespective of the provocation.

It is also customary for fights to be one-on-one, although there are exceptions, mostly due to the "coward punch". In contrast, Thais automatically congregate to gang up on a single person regardless of age or nationality.

IMHO, Thai thugs are the most cowardly in the world. They would run a mile if forced to fight one-on-one.

Edited by bazza40

unprovoked?

they started it by pushing the thai guy and then she punches him in the face.

ThaiVisa has terrible journalistic standards. Did you even watch the video before writing the article?

Did she, Not From what I could see?

Would that justify the beating they got?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

So when is it EVER justified for a male OF ANY AGE, to hit a woman, and when is it justified for a 32 year old male of ANY RACE to hit a 70 year old woman. An absolute disgrace in any country in any culture anywhere in the world....

So who is the guy in the striped red and white shirt throwing punches and wrestling a thai girl to the floor and walking off through the crowd at the end??? The brother? the son? or some other mother?

Meanwhile the tabloid press in England and Australia screamed quoting unnamed online sources that the attack was deliberately targeting 'farangs' or Westerners. They said that someone had been overheard that an attack was about to take place.

They quoted a man who had been with the family in a bar just twenty or thirty metres away who said the family were minding their own business and left to go home. The man said on hearing the melee he tried to help but was left needing cosmetic surgery for his trouble after suffering damage to his teeth.

The quotes above are from the man in the red and white shirt, a Walter Mitty character, Thaibasher, looking for his 5 minutes of fame.

It looks like the bloke was a bit unstable on his feet,wet uneven path and probably had a beer in him.anyway the Thai way is to point the blame at the farang for starting it.im surprised that the Brit family haven't been charged with assaulting the nice young men by hitting them on their fists and feet with their jaws and faces.the Thais could also go for compensation for leaving blood and teeth stuck in their boots.i live in Thailand and don't talk to Thais except for shopping.i have permanent facial scars from being jumped late one night outside a 7/11 with my gf on the back of my scooter.they get a kick out of doing farangs in.in fact they probably give each other medals for doing a farang.thailand is a land of serious drugs,violence,fraud,corruption and full blown racism.in their eyes we are lower than a dog flea but higher than a Burmese.its about time this country was fully exposed for what it is.i live in the outback of udon Thani surrounded by high walls,security cameras,flood lights and I'm just about to get a couple of proper dogs.i think parts of Thailand are getting like the Brazilian slums.oh yes I know there are some nice Thais,my adopted family are brill and I feel so lucky.

Sorry, disagree entirely. Not about the video. About the statement Thais do not have the market cornered on thuggery.

Domestic violence is endemic in Thailand. It's rarely reported because the police have the same mindset as the perpetrators. Women from the age of about 10 are supposed to be subservient to the male. Incest is commonly practised, not that you will ever see meaningful statistics.

In Western culture, it is a given you do not hit a woman, irrespective of the provocation.

It is also customary for fights to be one-on-one, although there are exceptions, mostly due to the "coward punch". In contrast, Thais automatically congregate to gang up on a single person regardless of age or nationality.

IMHO, Thai thugs are the most cowardly in the world. They would run a mile if forced to fight one-on-one.

The usual holier than thou falang ****

Edited by uthaithanirules

She made a BIG mistake by slapping the Thai guy. What the hell was she thinking? She was probably also drunk, as was her son who fell despite not being pushed very hard. She did not deserve being kicked in the head but she is an idiot for slapping this guy. She should just have walked away and none of this would have happened. She learned a lesson the hard way.

she just did not know Thai mentality

Good job Thai Visa for getting this video exposed to the world.

I would bet those Thais were on the drug "ice" rather than drunk on alcohol.

A highly addictive drug the ruins the lives of its users and their families.

Ice has become a huge problem in Australia and around the world.

It's the reason for the high increase in road rage with many incidents of extreme violence against other road users.

Apparently the users become super violent and have abnormally high strength while they are high on the drug.

It can take more than 4 policeman to subdue some of these addicts.

My Thai wife said exactly the same thing. Must be more than just alcohol, ICE is probably the culprit here, but I could be very wrong. But it seems not something one would do just being pissed!!!