LATEST: Vicious Hua Hin mob attack on British family caught on video stuns the world

webfact

I guess people see what they want to see.

Sadly, it seems many here want to believe that Thai people will attack tourists with zero provocation. That isn't what happened here. Their reaction was totally over-the-top, yes - but it didn't come from nowhere. The tourists got the first blows in.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get your self a bigger bucket and bail faster, the issue is who started it and who threw the first punch.

And you say that "swatting the fella is wrong" you neglect to add that it's extremely and very wrong for a foreigner to do that to a Thai male and in public, the loss of face is what this is all about but you seem not to understand that. Have you ever been to Thailand apart from a two week holiday to Pattaya!

OK, you and me are done here on this because you fail on too many fronts and have been too mouthy and I'm cutting back on the number of idiots I debate with - the facts are right there in the video, believe what you want but don't try and make yourself look too foolish when you spout your nonsense because everyone else is looking at the same video and coming up with different answers, everyone except the Thai bashers that is.

The guy that got succor punched was standing off and diddnt do anything. The Thai that hit him stepped into and snapped his hips when he kicked on the ground. That's kickboxing. That guy just wanted to beat people. It had nothing to do with saving face on his part.

You need to watch the video again, the woman slapped the man prior to that point.

I give up on this, if people can't be arsed or even relied on to watch a short video and try to understand it, there's no hope for any of you.

I saw the slap. Not smart, but the guy in the red shirt was cowardly succor punched. No doubt about it.

Three posters in particular - chiang mai, Roobuk and Metapod - clearly indicate that their life and Thai experience have taught them absolutely nothing about justice and acceptable public behaviour. Their views belong to another much earlier and far more primitive era. Thankfully their opinions are not representative of the average farang, nor of the majority of Thai people who would find their defence of Thai macho brutality and loss of face excuse irrelevant to this situation. As human beings the three posters are trash, on the same level as the thugs depicted in the video.

That's rather unfair. They've mostly just pointed out what actually happened - it's clear for anyone to see if you watch the video carefully.

Get your self a bigger bucket and bail faster, the issue is who started it and who threw the first punch.

And you say that "swatting the fella is wrong" you neglect to add that it's extremely and very wrong for a foreigner to do that to a Thai male and in public, the loss of face is what this is all about but you seem not to understand that. Have you ever been to Thailand apart from a two week holiday to Pattaya!

OK, you and me are done here on this because you fail on too many fronts and have been too mouthy and I'm cutting back on the number of idiots I debate with - the facts are right there in the video, believe what you want but don't try and make yourself look too foolish when you spout your nonsense because everyone else is looking at the same video and coming up with different answers, everyone except the Thai bashers that is.

The guy that got succor punched was standing off and diddnt do anything. The Thai that hit him stepped into and snapped his hips when he kicked on the ground. That's kickboxing. That guy just wanted to beat people. It had nothing to do with saving face on his part.

You need to watch the video again, the woman slapped the man prior to that point.

I give up on this, if people can't be arsed or even relied on to watch a short video and try to understand it, there's no hope for any of you.

I saw the slap. Not smart, but the guy in the red shirt was cowardly succor punched. No doubt about it.

Did you see the older farang guy throw the first punch, though?

I'll follow him and see.

Three posters in particular - chiang mai, Roobuk and Metapod - clearly indicate that their life and Thai experience have taught them absolutely nothing about justice and acceptable public behaviour. Their views belong to another much earlier and far more primitive era. Thankfully their opinions are not representative of the average farang, nor of the majority of Thai people who would find their defence of Thai macho brutality and loss of face excuse irrelevant to this situation. As human beings the three posters are trash, on the same level as the thugs depicted in the video.

The three posters mentioned are only pointing out that the tourists were not blameless in the incident.

unprovoked?

they started it by pushing the thai guy and then she punches him in the face.

ThaiVisa has terrible journalistic standards. Did you even watch the video before writing the article?

yeah, <deleted> 60 year olds. who the <deleted> do they think they are...

So if you hit me, you're OK with me and all my pals kicking the living daylights out of your wife or mum?

At what point did I say I thought what they did was ok?

Scum like these guys need putting to sleep permanently

I agree with you there. They shouldn't even be allowed into Thailand. Absolute scum.

Has a 'pommie' nicked/biffed your missus as this is about your 30th post today whinging about 'pommies'.

You seem to have a real big chip on your shoulder.....or possibly a very, very small penis....

30th post today? I have told you a million times not to exaggerate! Can't see that word mentioned in this post or any others.

No English have ever hit any of my girlfriends. But these ones started throwing punches at Thais, and got taught a lesson in manners. I don't know why many here are defending the nasty slapper. No wonder so many Brits prefer Thai women.

Are you claiming to have a big one ? Are you gay? Why bring up penises?

Wow, even for you that is appalling.

That's rather unfair. They've mostly just pointed out what actually happened - it's clear for anyone to see if you watch the video carefully.

Mate I have watched it three times or more. The only truly brutal blows are inflicted on the tourists not the Thais. If you think it is OK to make cowardly attacks on old people and women, kicking them savagely when they are lying unconscious on the ground, then you are unfit to call yourself a man. No sane Thai would agree with you or your 'friends'.

To Westerners thinking of visiting Thailand it is moving from Land of Smiles to Land of Scum. You only need a couple of issues to be broadcast overseas and that is your tourism industry from the West finished

Mate I have watched it three times or more. The only truly brutal blows are inflicted on the tourists not the Thais. If you think it is OK to make cowardly attacks on old people and women, kicking them savagely when they are lying unconscious on the ground, then you are unfit to call yourself a man. No sane Thai would agree with you or your 'friends'.

No, I don't think it's ok. But it wasn't the unprovoked attack some are making it out to be.

To Westerners thinking of visiting Thailand it is moving from Land of Smiles to Land of Scum. You only need a couple of issues to be broadcast overseas and that is your tourism industry from the West finished

Don't be daft. A coup didn't finish it. A murder didn't finish it. A bombing in the middle of Bangkok didn't finish it. This certainly isn't going to.

Why are some many posters here so desperate for the downfall of the tourist industry, anyway?

Your right he threw something. Then what followed up was uncalled for, but I wouldn't expect to punch a Thai man like that without it going unanswered. The little shit that kicked the old lady in the head is a little bitch though.

The three posters mentioned are only pointing out that the tourists were not blameless in the incident.

No they are not. They are suggesting they got what they deserved. That is so obviously untrue. The fight is about as fair as an elephant crushing a mouse. The outcome is out of all proportion to anything that the Brits may have said or done to warrant a response from the Thai men.

Story has just been on the BBC Radio 2 9am news.

The video of this attack should be run continuously on a large screen above above arrivals hall immigration in Swampy the the wording "we welcome all visitors but please be careful to avoid any conflict with a thai person as you will get little or no sympathy/help from the authorities here" thumbsup.gif

Your right he threw something. Then what followed up was uncalled for, but I wouldn't expect to punch a Thai man like that without it going unanswered. The little shit that kicked the old lady in the head is a little bitch though.

Exactly. What happened was pretty brutal and inexcusable. But if you punch a drunk Thai in the face in a crowded place, it's only going to end one way really.

Don't be daft. A coup didn't finish it. A murder didn't finish it. A bombing in the middle of Bangkok didn't finish it. This certainly isn't going to.

Why are some many posters here so desperate for the downfall of the tourist industry, anyway?

Yes, that's also a puzzle to me as to why so many on here are so desperate for the downfall of the tourist industry.

Yes, that's also a puzzle to me as to why so many on here are so desperate for the downfall of the tourist industry.

Exchange rate. More baht for their buck.

I feel honoured to be included in a small group who are capable of understanding a short video and comprehending the cultures that underscores it.

Perhaps time for you to go home now that your holiday here is over because you haven't learned very much, you especially don't realise that this aint Kansas!

Never a one on one fight in LOS what a bunch of wimps, I would take any of them one on one.

and they only get them with cheap shots, punching from the back or the side when not looking

and as soon as they fall its kicks to the head, bunch of F#&*@*G wimps never less then 2 to one.

And they think they are tough what a joke.

Because trolls are destructive. It's bored people with no interests and little knowledge who can't be bothered with fact, "let's destroy something". Really really sad people.

Post in breach of Forum Rules removed.

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

I've also removed a troll calling allegation and a response.

Watched the video again and it`s all very fast and furious. But it looks like the son was drunk and acting very aggressively with the Thai guy even blocking his way as it seemed the Thai man just wanted to walk away. The mother seemed to be persistent, determined to get in the last word instead of just dragging her son away and getting out from the situation.

That`s my observation and suggest others watch that video and draw their own conclusions.

I am shocked by the viciousness of this attack,especially against the lady.These kind of attacks are happening all too often and nothing is done.Then we have the clowns in Bangkok saying the law is the law and arresting people for having a red plastikc bowl!!!!To quote Bob Dylan:"People are crazy,Tmes are strange,I'm locked in tight and outta range"And it is time to get out of range as far as I am concerned...time to leave,it's been great but it's gonna get worse.Adios!

Yes indeed v48.......Listen to your own advice.It will get worse.Western economies are going down hill,which will have a flow on effect to thais

who depend on the tourist dollar.....When things get worse in the west(which they will) i would still rather be in such a country with a social

security system in place....Thailand obviously has not......violence is rising now and will continue with the layback attitude of thai authorities!

Get out before you get taken out.....thumbsup.gif

Many Thais have a serious attitude problem when it comes to foreigners.

And kicking someone in the head deserves an attempted murder charge and conviction.

I hope foreigners find another holiday destination which is far safer and foreigner friendly.

Of course as we all know nobody ever kicks anyone in the head in the UK. They all fight strictly to the Queensbury rules when it comes to sorting things out at the end of a night.

I have seen this many times. Drunken Brit, and not just the blokes, thinking they are back in their home town on a weekend giving it the Big I am to the little thai bloke. No little Thai bloke is going to tell me what to do etc etc, even down to the classic " who are you looking at c~nt ! and then the next thing they know there are several little Thai blokes beating the crap out of them. Go to any town or city in the Uk on a weekend and you will see this and far worse. Women especially get away with a lot back in the UK because the vast majority of British blokes won't hit a woman and drunken female Brits in Thailand get rather a shock when the little Thai bloke does actually hits them.

Yes it was very nasty and it could have ended a lot worse than it did but for those here trying to make out this is a Thai thing are way off the mark.

I've spent many a drunken night exactly where this took place and never had a problem, nor anywhere in Thailand in over 12 years. Thais have their faults as do we all but unprovoked violence isn't one of them

I agree with you. With the exception just a few of the young guys who are wasted on booze, I have been exposed to very, very little thai on farang violence here, and seen or heard of very little of it. Compared to Cambodia, the Philippines, Burma, and many other areas of this region, I feel it is quite safe here. Having said that, I really go out of my way to show kindness, respect, and deference to the locals. Slapping that guy really set him off. I am not saying that little cockroach of a man child did not deserve a good slap. One was long overdue, and my guess is that he rarely if ever got any discipline from his (more than likely) weak parents. But, thankfully violence against foreigners is not a big problem here, with the exception of the occasional lady boy spat one hears about in Pattaya!

I still consider Thailand to be foreigner friendly, and take exception to the hyperbole that koolkari is dispensing.

The video is not easy to follow...who started what, who really knows. Though it does look like the expat put his hand on the Thai guy first, but I could be wrong. For certain... there were many drunk people on the street and no police in sight. You would think the police would have a strong presence in events like these. Songkran is an event that invites violence, especially when large amounts of alcohol are involved. Songkran needs redesigning, police need to be proactive, and special attention to crowd management is much needed... Better yet, cancel the street parties and allow Songkran only to take place in temples / wats, after all it is a Buddhist event isn't it?

The Thais can handle songkran. It is the loutish farang who can't cope.

Cancel street parties in Thailand??? If you you don't like, go back to boring farang land.

I am used to Thai bashing on Thaivisa, but now I am hearing that fat tourists should be allowed to slap small Thai people in the street???

Archived