LATEST: Vicious Hua Hin mob attack on British family caught on video stuns the world

webfact

Booked my flights to Thailand yesterday for myself , wife and our son.

If she wasn't thai and i didn't want my son to meet his grandparents i would never return. <deleted> these retarded thai men, children in mens bodies. Far to many of them prowling the streets itching to <deleted> up a westerner simply for being from a weather nation.

Brainless spineless cowards.

I remember many years ago on Koh Samet seeing a very very drunk pretty western girl surrounded by bare chested tattooed thai men , perhaps a dozen of them ...when she came near my position at the bar i asked if she was ok , said to her she should take care . she told me to <deleted> off .

5 minutes later i was surrounded by the same group of men asking me why i had a problem with them talking to a western girl ( she was the gf of one of them and told them what id said) . Being in my 20s 6ft and over 200lb of lean muscle and wrongly thinking my self bullet proof i stood my ground and asked them whether " if they were in london would they check that a drunk lone thai girl was ok if she was surrounded by western men " ...looking back now i was extremely lucky that the girl i was with was quite well to do and was able to diffuse the situation diplomatically. I was very close to getting an almighty ass whooping. i think that in 2016 nothing would diffuse that situation.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely don't approve of it but the fact is the visitors started the whole business, don't argue with me about it, go watch the video and see for your self and then argue with the video! BTW the Term Thai Apologist is passe any more, really dated.

Don't tell me not to argue about it pal, watch it again without preconceived notions and then tell me it was the tourists' fault.

"Don't argue about it"....paper tigers!

If you were a policeman ( a real one) writing the report on this, based on the video, what would you say the was the first assault?

If / when you can answer that you can then check the sequence of events.

The resulting melee with people being knocked to the ground and severely and savagely, seemingly gratuitously, beaten kicked and stamped on is the result of the earlier assaults.

Watch is without bias, several times and check out all parts of the screen.

The first "assault" was the foreign male walking hand in hand with the female who didn't acknowledge the bodily contact with the Thai, he looked like he was out walking down Oxford Street on a Saturday afternoon, a simple excuse me or I'm sorry after that bump would have prevented what followed.

So the Thai male felt he had been pushed and he responded, that's where it all begins.

The first physical act of aggression that I can see is where the foreign female slapped the face of the Thai man, it really doesn't matter what was said, she struck him and he lost face.

I can hardly believe what I just saw. A violent racist attack on some elderly folk by a pack of animals. Almost as worrying, are people here saying it was justified because the lady slapped one of the scum. How could any normal human kick an elderly woman, who is sitting on the ground defenseless, full in the face. The world should boycott Thailand until it comes to terms with, and takes steps to remedy the endemic feeling of hatred towards non-Thais. The people who did this should be put away for at least 10 years.

OK, watched it again, tourists fault, she slapped the Thai man, her son punched another and they got badly beaten as a result, sorry but I can't change the facts just to suit your wishes.

You keep on obsessing over 'facts' without being able to present a single one, not a one. How you 'read' events on that poor quality video is NOT fact, but opinion.....and that is a 'fact'.....learn the difference and you might get somewhere in a debate....

I'll bet you're a barrel of laughs in court when the speed camera's catch you, "it's just an opinion m'lud, it's not a fact". laugh.png

What is seen in a video mate is fact, it's not my opinion it's right there for all to see. And the quality of the video is just fine.

So tell me, if you're in denial about the foreign female slapping the Thai male, who did throw the first punch/slap, assuming you've actually seen the video!

unprovoked?

they started it by pushing the thai guy and then she punches him in the face.

ThaiVisa has terrible journalistic standards. Did you even watch the video before writing the article?

What a load of Crap !! a complete over-reaction and unjustifiable on ANY level !!

Get your eyes and MORALS Checked !!

The police, no that's not what they are, scum bags are to busy fining people for having noisy motorbikes so they can put cash into their pockets, do correct police work and protect the public bah, never happen in Thailand, the country's gone to s-it, LOS no more!

What planet are you from where police are different please. I'd love to live there.

It can't be one of those where basic police salaries put them in sunshine clubs and they're better at giving more plausible reasons for why they can't do something, or they might lose their unionized job. Meanwhile their unions have more power than the police servicing board and about the only way they might lose their salary is if they murdered someone on camera, and felt guilty enough to resign on paid suspension.

Such a cowardly display will not help this country in the eyes of the world.

Alcohol, and some drugs... happens every hot summer night outside the bars downtown in my city here in the Niagara area of Canada...

Fights... sometimes brutal... over stupid perceived slights... First thing in a new country... learn how to sincerely apologise in the local language..

I barely drink anymore... a couple of beers or a rye whisky once every month perhaps... or a glass of wine at dinner...

Over doing it can change people.... for the worse.... in any country..

unprovoked?

ThaiVisa has terrible journalistic standards. Did you even watch the video before writing the article?

Did she, Not From what I could see?

Would that justify the beating they got?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Watch the video again. 52sec mark. She punches the guy in the face.

The tourists were the ones who instigated the situation and threw the first punches.

That doesn't justify the savage beating but it should be a stern lesson not to start fights you can't finish...

Thugs. I wouldn't fight back on the streets of Thailand, I would just try to get out of there like that bigger guy did, but bring that shit to my streets and those <deleted> would eat pavement. I also know that in my neighborhood people wouldn't stand around. I don't blame em though with guys like that around.

I cannot understand how anyone can watch the video and defend the Thais who bashed and kicked the foreigners. Whatever provocation there may have been, and there does not seem to have been any of substance, the brutality of the attack is utterly indefensible. I must say I loathe posters who insist on seeking fault in the victims of such attacks, as though a few loose words or even a slap warrant blows and kicks that would look more at home in gang warfare rather than against an elderly couple, their son and a good samaritan attempting to prevent unnecessary violence. Some people on here need to seriously assess their morality and sense of justice, because those suggesting the foreigners invited this kind of attack are living in a world far removed from any that I wish to inhabit.

OK, watched it again, tourists fault, she slapped the Thai man, her son punched another and they got badly beaten as a result, sorry but I can't change the facts just to suit your wishes.

You keep on obsessing over 'facts' without being able to present a single one, not a one. How you 'read' events on that poor quality video is NOT fact, but opinion.....and that is a 'fact'.....learn the difference and you might get somewhere in a debate....

What is seen in a video mate is fact, it's not my opinion it's right there for all to see. And the quality of the video is just fine.

So tell me, if you're in denial about the foreign female slapping the Thai male, who did throw the first punch/slap, assuming you've actually seen the video!

No it isn't fact at all. Look up the word you like to use way too much...

It is interpretation and speculation which you are mistaking for 'fact' which is making you look dafter by the post.

The issue isn't even about who 'started' it.

It is a serious criminal assault, not a playground fight. As I 'interpret' it the Thai fella is acting up and she's given him a swat for being a prat. While that in itself is wrong, it still doesn't warrant what happened next no matter how you interpret events and apportion blame/guilt via the 'facts' you claim to have lifted from the video.

unprovoked?

The tourists were the ones who instigated the situation and threw the first punches.

That doesn't justify the savage beating but it should be a stern lesson not to start fights you can't finish...

Punch but I think more of a slap but as said the beating is way over the top.

:)

I cannot understand how anyone can watch the video and defend the Thais who bashed and kicked the foreigners. Whatever provocation there may have been, and there does not seem to have been any of substance, the brutality of the attack is utterly indefensible. I must say I loathe posters who insist on seeking fault in the victims of such attacks, as though a few loose words or even a slap warrant blows and kicks that would look more at home in gang warfare rather than against an elderly couple, their son and a good samaritan attempting to prevent unnecessary violence. Some people on here need to seriously assess their morality and sense of justice, because those suggesting the foreigners invited this kind of attack are living in a world far removed from any that I wish to inhabit.

Easy to explain. These 'apologists' are the types who see themselves as way 'superior' to all other Westerners who set foot in Thailand.

Pretty disgusting and disrespectful behavior. The guy pushed the son, and he obviously hit his head on the concrete when he fell. That can easily result in death. Easily. Of course the mother was upset. Slapping the thai guy was a moderate (though stupid) reaction to him hurting her son. She just did not know what she was dealing with. There should be a warning by all embassies. Hassle or harass, or insult a Thai man at your own peril. Most simply do not have enough self esteem to walk away. And as we all know, they fight in groups, almost never alone. You simply cannot win a fight like that. Hopefully they will be severely punished. And fortunately, this kind of thing does not happen often, at least not randomly, like it happened here.

Yes -Well put and unfortunately Alcohol abuse does not end well in any crowded venues anywhere,,,,

Thais are a nation of idiotic uneducated savages .. a bunch of deprived monkeys!

I think the savages are the lagerlouts who started it. Brits are world renowned for their savagery. Ask any Austaralian Aborigine and countless other countries. Football hooliganism etc etc.

So of course all brits are the same

And the beating is justified then?

unprovoked?

smile.png

Generally not a good idea to put your hands on another person, specially around bars and alcohol in a foreign country.

It is interpretation and speculation which you are mistaking for 'fact' which is making you look dafter by the post.

It is a serious criminal assault, not a playground fight. As I 'interpret' it the Thai fella is acting up and she's given him a swat for being a prat. While that in itself is wrong, it still doesn't warrant what happened next no matter how you interpret events and apportion blame/guilt via the 'facts' you claim to have lifted from the video.

Get your self a bigger bucket and bail faster, the issue is who started it and who threw the first punch.

And you say that "swatting the fella is wrong" you neglect to add that it's extremely and very wrong for a foreigner to do that to a Thai male and in public, the loss of face is what this is all about but you seem not to understand that. Have you ever been to Thailand apart from a two week holiday to Pattaya!

OK, you and me are done here on this because you fail on too many fronts and have been too mouthy and I'm cutting back on the number of idiots I debate with - the facts are right there in the video, believe what you want but don't try and make yourself look too foolish when you spout your nonsense because everyone else is looking at the same video and coming up with different answers, everyone except the Thai bashers that is.

Get your self a bigger bucket and bail faster, the issue is who started it and who threw the first punch.

And you say that "swatting the fella is wrong" you neglect to add that it's extremely and very wrong for a foreigner to do that to a Thai male and in public, the loss of face is what this is all about but you seem not to understand that. Have you ever been to Thailand apart from a two week holiday to Pattaya!

OK, you and me are done here on this because you fail on too many fronts and have been too mouthy and I'm cutting back on the number of idiots I debate with - the facts are right there in the video, believe what you want but don't try and make yourself look too foolish when you spout your nonsense because everyone else is looking at the same video and coming up with different answers, everyone except the Thai bashers that is.

The guy that got succor punched was standing off and diddnt do anything. The Thai that hit him stepped into and snapped his hips when he kicked on the ground. That's kickboxing. That guy just wanted to beat people. It had nothing to do with saving face on his part.

unprovoked?

smile.png

Generally not a good idea to put your hands on another person, specially around bars and alcohol in a foreign country.

I know.

Had a bar there for 13 years.

:)

The guy that got succor punched was standing off and diddnt do anything. The Thai that hit him stepped into and snapped his hips when he kicked on the ground. That's kickboxing. That guy just wanted to beat people. It had nothing to do with saving face on his part.

You need to watch the video again, the woman slapped the man prior to that point.

I give up on this, if people can't be arsed or even relied on to watch a short video and try to understand it, there's no hope for any of you.

You need to watch the video again, the woman slapped the man prior to that point.

I give up on this, if people can't be arsed or even relied on to watch a short video and try to understand it, there's no hope for any of you.

Exactly. The succor punch was totally out of order but the guy that got the succor punch threw the first punch a few seconds earlier.

I would say that we are indeed 'done' here as I have defeated you utterly at every step that the 'debate' is indeed over as you try desperately like a well beaten man to shift the goal posts into the fantasy realms of 'loss of face' as you can't even grasp the meaning/concept of the word 'fact'.

You can't just keep redefining the boundaries as to what the 'debate' is about just because you are taking a terrible thrashing here and 'losing face' yourself.

I suppose you'll be hunting me and my family down now with your Thai mates to give us a beating for this 'loss of face' to demonstrate how 'Thai' you have become (do you wear an amulet to demonstrate your Thainess')?

I have probably forgotten more about Thailand than you have ever 'learned' about Thailand in you one year sexpat stay if you are still in the rose tinted 'Thais can do no wrong' stage.....but thanks for the giggles.

Three posters in particular - chiang mai, Roobuk and Metapod - clearly indicate that their life and Thai experience have taught them absolutely nothing about justice and acceptable public behaviour. Their views belong to another much earlier and far more primitive era. Thankfully their opinions are not representative of the average farang, nor of the majority of Thai people who would find their defence of Thai macho brutality and loss of face excuse irrelevant to this situation. As human beings the three posters are trash, on the same level as the thugs depicted in the video.

Archived