Chiang Mai driver praised for honesty after returning nearly 100K to tourist

webfact

Chiang Mai driver praised for honesty after returning nearly 100K to tourist

100.jpg
Image: Daily News

CHIANG MAI:-- A Chinese tourist was glad to see the driver who had given him a tour of Chiang Mai again. The tourist has left a bag with nearly 100,000 baht in the red four wheeler.

Wiriya Chuduang, 19, who lives in central Chiang Mai found Mr Wu Yongfu, 28, at the downtown Holiday Inn and returned his bag containing the money, reports Daily News.

Mr Wu praised the driver for his honesty and gave him 2,000 in a reward by way of thanks.

And in a ceremony held in the central town hall of Mahasarakham in Thailand's north east a ceremony was held to praise the three honest high school kids.

Jirapong Thongyot, Prappram Yowapui and Jirasin Phosaen, year ten students at a local school were given awards for handing in 21,000 baht found in the grounds, money that was subsequently reunited with its grateful owner.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-29

Usually happens just after a great public crime/violence against Westerners in the Kingdom.

See the 72 year old woman being Ronaldoed in the head by the Thais in Hua Hin.

I believe there was another case of it reported yesterday when a Thai cleaner returned a bag containing 20 years of her salary.

coffee1.gif

Sorry for being a skeptic...but has anyone ever wondered if these good samaritan stories are are actually made up,

I had to write a number of feel-good stories early in my career and I'm pretty sure they were all on the level. I think I would have enjoyed doing them more if I'd known how much they seem to upset some people!

Was the tourist fined for being inappropriately dressed ?

Looks like Criminal Bad Taste.

This is without a doubt the worst bit of journalism I have had to fathom out in a long time !!!

eg--- which one in the pic was the tourist

It wasn't the woman "inappropriately dressed" the tourist was a male---28yr old Wu Yongfe

On the left(presumably) is the 19yr old driver

The driver of a four wheeler------- what the f@$%k does that mean!!!!!!!!!!!

Now we are left with the strange looking woman in the funny hat and dress----- and she is WHO??

good job the guy on the right has a uniform-------- he is the hall porter yes?????

I also had to wonder where the 4 schoolkids fitted in to all this,and why the money in the bag suddenly went from 100,000 to something like 22,000 until I realised this report had suddenly gone to a totally different one!!!

Thai journalists need a lot of coachingcoffee1.gif

Edited by biplanebluey

The driver of a four wheeler------- what the f@$%k does that mean!!!!!!!!!!!

It means he was the driver of Wu Yongfu's car.

Now we are left with the strange looking woman in the funny hat and dress----- and she is WHO??

She is Mr Wu Yongfu, 28; the Chinese tourist

The stuff about the year 10 students and the 21000 found in the grounds, anybody's guess there.

Edited by Rob13

Sorry for being a skeptic...but has anyone ever wondered if these good samaritan stories are are actually made up, giving the potential thief an opportunity to make good? All of the cause of course.

I haven't wondered that.

An honest Thai Tour Driver.. an out of pocket Chinese Tourist, carrying 100k.....

Its funny, that its always seems to be a news report on forgotten baggage in a vehicle....

Do Thai drivers always do a through check of their vehicle after each passenger?

Does the Thai driver, call the Police and Media and ask them to meet at a destination where the Passenger is staying?