Hood motorcycle jeans

I don't use Hood jean but uglyBROS denim motorcycle jeans. They are comfortable and I don't find them hot. Also the beauty with denim rather than the green in your photo is that you can wear whatever shirt you want while maintaining a bit of style.

Ive been using the Thai made Bigass jeans for about 1 year now. Price/quality is good, they're soft and not hot at all. Also nice cut and style.

Another good thing is you can take out the knee protectors from the outside, which is very handy.

I don't use Hood jean but uglyBROS denim motorcycle jeans. They are comfortable and I don't find them hot. Also the beauty with denim rather than the green in your photo is that you can wear whatever shirt you want while maintaining a bit of style.

The green one was just an example, but I like the cargo style.

This one have fitting color for the heat http://www.hoodjeans.co.uk/hood-motorcycle-jeans/b15-jean-mens-stone/

Tried the Hood jeans I brought from UK. Mine are the sort with a separate woven Kevlar lining. Too hot for Thailand

Now use single layer denim with Kevlar mix from Korea (bought at Contral World bike show) - much better.

But riding naked in Bangkok would still be too hot this week.

Tried the Hood jeans I brought from UK. Mine are the sort with a separate woven Kevlar lining. Too hot for Thailand

Now use single layer denim with Kevlar mix from Korea (bought at Contral World bike show) - much better.

But riding naked in Bangkok would still be too hot this week.

When did you bring them?

Since 2015 all Hood Jeans have been lined with a softer, more breathable and cooler K-tech Para‑aramid. This new lining now extends from the waistband down to the shins, meaning all Hood Jeans offer complete abrasion protection.

Ive been using the Thai made Bigass jeans for about 1 year now. Price/quality is good, they're soft and not hot at all. Also nice cut and style.

Another good thing is you can take out the knee protectors from the outside, which is very handy.

I think you meant BadAss jeans. But thanks. I brought a bunch of riding jeans with me but I will need later.

only

€152.88

HF!!!

My riding jeans cost less than $30 USD. I stay away from Kevlar. It costs too much for the extra 2 seconds of protection. If you are dressing for an accident, spend as much as you like.

There's one other aspect of my (bought in UK) Hood Jeans that I'm not so keen on (apart from the heat caused by the separate lining) - and that's the pockets. They are nice and deep - but for riding I prefer a zipped pocket to keep things from falling out (due to the huge cornering forces generated on my CRF250M!biggrin.png).

But I did use the Hood jeans for a ride across America from Miami to LA - and they were ideal for the weather in March, and I never lost anything out of the pockets. Although I was a bit surprised that after washing them (inside out) in a coin operated 'laundromat' in Tulsa, the lining had a small hole where the jeans got stuck against the spinning disk thingy in the base of the washer. If a stainless steel disk can rub a hole in the liner, then perhaps the 2 second estimate for road rash protection from Gonsalviz is about right?

On the hottest days I'm now using knee protectors worn under shorts and elbow protection under a shirt ...... not ideal, but I measured a temp of 52'C (using a calibrated thermometer from work) under the BTS along Sukhumvit last week - cars a/c systems pushing out heat was the main cause - as it was 'only' 38'C that day in Bangkok.. I guess once the temp is over 37'C the thickness of the jeans no longer makes much difference to body heat?