What's going on in Thailand

Rayk

I was at a pub last night with 3 Thai girls that I know that I frequent on the occasional weekend. All the staff know me and we all get along well. There were two Thai guys standing behind me and all night one of them was contstantly tapping me on the shoulder and poking me. At first I thought we was just trying to be funny but I soon realized that they were looking for trouble. After his continuous tapping and poking I finally just started to ignore him. The tapping and poking continued. So I informed one of the security guards about the incident and he went and spoke to them. Well now they are just pissed off and he continues to tap and poke but now the poking is getting harder. I at this point am fed up and know I have to take matters into my own hands. Knowing perfectly well there were at least 2 of them i decided that it was probably in my best interest to take them both out before allowing them to have the upper hand. After another tap and poke I just turned around and with 3 simple punches both were immediately sleeping on the floor.

Could it have been handled differently, I don't know but it was very apparent that these 2 guys were trying to start a fight with me so they could both gang up on me. I wasn't going to allow that to happen.

I don't know what they thought they were going to accomplish.

I am 6' 265lbs and am a weightlifter who has training in boxing.

Badly handled ! Should have walked away.

Next time when you go to the same Pub the guys you knocked down will come back but with a couple of friends and wait and see who will be sleeping on the floor or worse

wai.gif

Edited by MJCM

I would leave... In Asia people never forget... It might not happen now but there's a good possibility that at this point in time they are already plotting what to do with you... Your guns and muscles is no match against a real

gun... And it comes down as suicide lol

Edited by Karlos11

Badly handled ! Should have walked away.

Next time when you go to the same Pub the guys you knocked down will come back but with a couple of friends and wait and see who will be sleeping on the floor or worse

wai.gif

You need to sleep lightly.

I was at a pub last night with 3 Thai girls that I know that I frequent on the occasional weekend. All the staff know me and we all get along well. There were two Thai guys standing behind me and all night one of them was contstantly tapping me on the shoulder and poking me. At first I thought we was just trying to be funny but I soon realized that they were looking for trouble. After his continuous tapping and poking I finally just started to ignore him. The tapping and poking continued. So I informed one of the security guards about the incident and he went and spoke to them. Well now they are just pissed off and he continues to tap and poke but now the poking is getting harder. I at this point am fed up and know I have to take matters into my own hands. Knowing perfectly well there were at least 2 of them i decided that it was probably in my best interest to take them both out before allowing them to have the upper hand. After another tap and poke I just turned around and with 3 simple punches both were immediately sleeping on the floor.

Could it have been handled differently, I don't know but it was very apparent that these 2 guys were trying to start a fight with me so they could both gang up on me. I wasn't going to allow that to happen.

You da man.

So now with that out-of-the-way, what's your point?

Edited by Fookhaht

Delusionsl troll.

Been watching Steven Seagal movies again.

Why do people feel the need to post this stuff.

I suppose you were that fsst the "security" you reported it too earlier were just shocked and stunned and stood in amazement ss you left...5555

Edited by RolandRat

None of them - they were too busy looking after their Thai husbands that he floored...

they were too busy looking after their Thai husbands brothers that he floored...

C'mon, let's not shatter the illusion.

6' 265lb boxing weightlifter off home turf 'versus' Featherweight Thai with very small knife. And friends.

And don't forget that he is also a recognizable Target and especially in a Pub that he frequents whistling.gif

Advice to the OP, I would avoid that Pub for a couple of months. !

Edited by MJCM

Sound advice sir, the OP for all his 'boxing' skills should try and develop some 'vanishing' skills too because if this scenario is true, he can rest assured retribution in some form could well be being planned as I type.

Pray they don't find out where he lives either.

A short 'holiday' with his three lasses wouldn't hurt.

If they are in any way connected to these blokes, I wouldn't trust any of them not to drop him in the soup especially after such a 'loss of face' has been dished out by our 'TV Tyson'.

Indeed he has probably put them in a situation of risk right now if they feel these lasses are on his side and not theirs......They may not fancy another go at the OP and his boxing skills but may see the lasses as a far easier 'target' for face saving.....revenge.

This is the kind of deep background that makes the CCTV coverage incomplete.

It'll look to the world like a random attack out of nowhere...

I'd hope the OP would let us know of any identifying tattoos so we can know it's him on the ground when tomorrow night's video hits the blogs.

Edited by impulse

Is this a real story - where did this happen? What pub?

Aren't you concerned that you might get a knock from the police if they actually file a complaint against you? What if one of them suffered a severe head injury?

I don't know what's going on with Thailand though. I was just walking down my soi in Bangkok to 7/11 yesterday and some very short Thai guy( I assume he was drunk) just jumped in my direction and got way too fast and too close to me in the proximity level to be considered normal - he was trying to provoke me I guess - I have no idea how to explain this behaviour - it's extremely irritating and stupid. I didn't really catch his face, obviously never seen him before - I guess he was trying to make a statement that it was "his" soi that I had the arrogance to walk through or whatever... lol, I guess he was upset that I forgot to consult with him about it. It's not far from where I live so I just kept walking didn't even turn my face, that guy followed me right behind me for a while till I had to stop to let the traffic through, and when I stopped he turned around and walked in the opposite direction. Maybe he was hoping that I would turn around and challenge him or something. No idea. Just that even something as simple as going to 7/11 turns into some kind of a weird story around here, when you are being challenged and harassed by people you never even met before, without any cause or a reason at all. Being a tall farang walking down the street is enough to cause some serious humiliation to some short Thai guys around here apparently.

And I see more and more young farangs walking and hiding behind their Thai girlfriends when they go out after dark.

I don't know what's going on with Thailand though. I was just walking down my soi in Bangkok to 7/11 yesterday and some very short Thai guy( I assume he was drunk) just jumped in my direction and got way too fast and too close to me in the proximity level to be considered normal - he was trying to provoke me I guess -

Some of my Thai neighbors in BKK were laughing about some white guy walking around with a meter long piece of toilet paper stuck to his shoe...

One guy tried to tell him about it, but the white guy kept giving him the stink-eye whenever he got close enough.

I don't know what's going on with Thailand though. I was just walking down my soi in Bangkok to 7/11 yesterday and some very short Thai guy( I assume he was drunk) just jumped in my direction and got way too fast and too close to me in the proximity level to be considered normal - he was trying to provoke me I guess -

Some of my Thai neighbors in BKK were laughing about some white guy walking around with a meter long piece of toilet paper stuck to his shoe...

One guy tried to tell him about it, but the white guy kept giving him the stink-eye whenever he got close enough.

I know what you mean, but the guy I'm talking about very much looks like that type with self esteem issues - you can tell by body language which can often also signal the level of IQ as well, and he was acting rather irate and completely off balance, it was quite obvious... it was very unnatural behaviour. Plus it was too dark for him to see if there was anything wrong with my dress code anyway or anything else for that matter... I wasn't born yesterday, I'm acually a pretty good cold reader, I only ever make a mistake when I fail to trust my instincts on something :)

Sound advice sir, the OP for all his 'boxing' skills should try and develop some 'vanishing' skills too because if this scenario is true, he can rest assured retribution in some form could well be being planned as I type.

Pray they don't find out where he lives either.

A short 'holiday' with his three lasses wouldn't hurt.

If they are in any way connected to these blokes, I wouldn't trust any of them not to drop him in the soup especially after such a 'loss of face' has been dished out by our 'TV Tyson'.

Indeed he has probably put them in a situation of risk right now if they feel these lasses are on his side and not theirs......They may not fancy another go at the OP and his boxing skills but may see the lasses as a far easier 'target' for face saving.....revenge.

Right. Thai thugs will often come back with guns or knives to settle scores. It's hard to win on their turf.

Did you try moving to a different part of the bar to put some space between you and these idiots? If not, then it sounds like you were in the mood for a fight as well.

I can tell you without a doubt these girls are in know way connected to these dicks. I have known them for quite a long time.

And the reason for me posting this is to highlight the fact that Thais are becomimg increasingly aggressive towards foreigners these days.

None of you were there and don't in any way know what was happening

One way or the other something was going to occur on the part of these individuals and I just took it upon myself to not become another victim.

Say what you will. Better them than me.

It happened in a pub in Rangsit Pathumthani for those who seem to think I'm making this up.

I won't mention the pub out of respect for the owners of said business.

Edited by Rayk

Did you try moving to a different part of the bar to put some space between you and these idiots? If not, then it sounds like you were in the mood for a fight as well.
Unfortunately the pub was packed and there were no other tables available being the first of the month and today being a holiday it was busier than usual.

I wasn't in any way in the mood for a fight. I was simply enjoying myself with some friends.

I have been there many times before over the past 3 years and have never had an issue before.

Edited by Rayk

I am also well aware of the possible repercussions of my actions and will definitely steer clear of the place from here on in.

The new band sucked anyway.

Edited by Rayk