Found a sharp metal object in my toast this morning

DumbFalang

Sorry but the missus is delusional, they won't give you a refund.

Enjoy your metal toast.

Actually reading the post would indicate that the response came from the bakery, not the missus.

Since living in Thailand, I've found two staples in two restaurant meals. I shudder to think what the pointy ends might have done to my stomach or intestines.

Brought it to the attention of the staff of each restaurant. No freebie, no discount, no replacement dish, no apology. Considering the dismal state of customer service here, about all you can do is vote with your feet and go elsewhere. Which I did.

It gives me a reasonable bit of satisfaction to have learned that both establishments are now out of business. Maybe too many staples.

Som-nam-na.

Edited by Fookhaht

The bottom two I can go with, but the bolt in the party pie is stretching it a little bit for me unless they were made by a small hot bread shop. I could be wrong, but I think the metal detectors in factories have to be installed in Australia and are not an option. There are actually only a couple of manufacturers in Aus. I can remember the howls of laughter at a barbie when I produced a copy of my friend's Which? (or is it Choice, I always get Aus and UK one confused) Magazine where various brands of meat pies were evaluated. Really seriously evaluated; how much meat, how much grizzle, how much gravy, taste, pastry mouthfeel (seriously?) and flakiness and overall taste. 8 out of the 10, all with different results from 5 to 9.5 out of 10 came straight off the line at 4 N 20 in Kensington, where most people at the barbie worked, mostly in maintenance with a couple on the shop floor. Mr K fabricated a tool which made changing the wrapper more automated so the line only had to be slowed down a bit and didn't have to be totally shut down between different 'brands'. The only differences were the square ones and the round ones. Square ones only ran 1 day a week. And the special trial ones they made for KFC that didn't get beyond test market - apparently lots of good quality chicken in those ones.

Patties in country Victoria, who bought the 4 N 20 brand when they closed down and Big Ben (Queensland??) were the only 2 other largish manufacturers, but pretty much every pie any Aussie bought up until 2002 or 2003 came out of that plant in Melbourne, various brands, store generic brands and no name generics sold to cafe's and the like.

Spiders are sneaky buggers, same as slugs and caterpillars, and it's very hard to eradicate them completely from produce without poisoning us, no excuse for the mouse though.

I had a large dead roach in a head of Romaine Lettuce purchased at Lucky in Oakland. It was obviously from the storage, and not the field. They offered me a bottle of wine of my choice for the inconvenience, on the spot. I selected a 6 year old Charles Krug Cabernet,,,which I recall being about 17 usd, twenty years ago. That would likely be a 4000 THB bottle at a wine shop here, and even more at a restaurant. Case closed, but it still made me reluctant to continue buying produce there, with so many other options close by.

A while ago I bought 2 bottles of orange juice and 2 bottles of grape juice from the Rim Ping airport branch in glass bottles with the sealed metal lids they had on special offer, 50% off the price tag said. The bottles had a long expiry date on them.

First bottle I opened was an orange juice, stunk to high heaven. Second bottle I opened was a grape juice, same thing it was obviously on the turn. I didn`t even bother checking the other 2 bottles. Could not be bothered taking the drinks back I just poured the lot down the sink.

RIMPING used to be very good to deal with but over past few years it has "Gone Off." Lazy/bad service, prices missing on displays, ignorant staff on the Checkout counters.

Very sad... used to be a pleasant place to shop... maybe they've just become TOO BIG?

Shit happens, no harm, no foul.

Move on.

I know, I know...... but ignoring this makes me just as bad as the Thais who never complain about anything.

.....the deep seated fear of being shot keeps them smiling.

Try the JJ Market brand ; round sliced bread,makes decent toast...metal free,so far.