Obama urges Asian-Americans to stand up to bigotry

webfact

Obama urges Asian-Americans to stand up to bigotry
DARLENE SUPERVILLE, Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama on Wednesday urged Asian-Americans and Pacific Islanders to fight bigotry and to press Congress to update U.S. immigration policy.

Obama said America's tradition is to welcome newcomers because it was founded by immigrants. He said that tradition also makes difficult to understand why some people are blocking efforts to overhaul U.S. immigration laws.

"We don't simply welcome new immigrants. We are born of immigrants," Obama told hundreds attending the annual awards dinner for the Asian Pacific American Institute of Congressional Studies. The nonpartisan, nonprofit organization promotes Asian-American and Pacific Islander participation and representation in politics.

Obama sought to connect with the audience by noting his birth in Hawaii and his youth in Indonesia.

"The spirit and culture of the Asia-Pacific region, that's who I am," he said.

Comprehensive immigration legislation cleared the Senate in 2013, but the House has not voted on it. Obama has used his executive authority to shield some immigrants living illegally in the country from deportation, but more than two dozen states, led by Texas, challenged his action in federal court.

The Supreme Court recently heard arguments in the case and a decision is expected by the end of June.

In his remarks, Obama said: "The actions I've taken on my own can't take the place of what we really need, which is Congress to pass comprehensive immigration reform. ... You have the power to push Congress to do it."

He said the AAPI community is the fastest-growing minority group in the U.S., but is also significantly underrepresented at the ballot box.

In a reference to Donald Trump, who on Wednesday became the likely Republican presidential nominee, Obama urged the audience to push back against anti-immigrant sentiment, especially from those who he says stoke such feelings for political gain. Trump has called for barring Muslims from entering the country.

Obama said that just as the U.S. has moved beyond "No Irish need apply" signs, questioning the loyalty of Catholics, persecuting Chinese immigrants and its treatment of Japanese-Americans and immigrants during World War II, "we are going to move beyond today's anti-immigrant sentiment, as well."

"We will live up to our ideals," said Obama.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-05-05

Asian-Americans to stand up to bigotry...

I call this bullshite and pandering.

The only bigotry I've ever seen was

'tween Asian-Americans ethnic groups THERE in the USA.

They all have a type of 'cast' system culturally.

Fact is, American males desire Asian women,

be they Chinese, Thai, Korean, Japanese, etc.

They are exotic, unique.

Perhaps to the distress of American females.

(another topic for debate).
Fact is, these women come from a male dominated society.

And they don't like it.

Oh so many years ago I dated these females.

Including Americans...

I chose my wife, whom is Thai.

That was 30 years ago, we are still married.

With 3 children.

Yeah, there have been times she drives me nutz,

and vice-versa, but that is marriage, yeah!

They are exotic, unique.

And they don't like it.

Including Americans...

With 3 children.

Is this a joke? I thought April fools day was last month.

now that I think about it, yeah, i've been a victim or bigotry. Thanks Obama for bringing that to my attention, I would have never thought of that.

Now the real question is, what can I do about it and are there any reparations to be paid.

I never realized all those white people hated me, never saw any signs of it, nor any of my asian family or friends.

We want to vote in your country, but come to ours, go home farang, you stay too long!

"The spirit and culture of the Asia-Pacific region, that's who I am," he said.

Well there you have it...makes perfect sense...and explains why he acted as if a foreigner with bad intentions...had taken over the US Presidency...

They are exotic, unique.

And they don't like it.

Including Americans...

With 3 children.

What da wigga r u blabbering about son?

This president, under the cover of championing injuries people might not have otherwise realized they possessed, defines this for them... once again Obama screams "WOLF!" He constantly fosters victimization and aggression in every group he interacts with; always, always at the expense of one particular segment of America which he constantly ignores- the majority!

Obama is a social plague upon the land leaving ethnic groups emotionally estranged from the whole and others socially alienated and victimized in his wake; he has done this from day one. He inflicts the very injuries he elaborates, and in so doing breathes disease into the public/social space. Rhetorically speaking, this causes a blight upon the political crops and social forest. Everything Obama does and every policy he contrives has race, religion, gender, sex, or another distinction, as the core fulcrum in his defining once again, another social malady (that only he uniquely observes and champions (See Wikipedia, Grandiose delusions).

The observer is the problem, not the observed. The observation is Obama's. Its one more in a long list of ugly divisions cultivated under the cover of equality and victim-hood. This tool... this device... this predation upon the many human facets of our nation- identifying them all (equally) as injured by the whole, is about the worst behavior I have ever noted in a human being.

There is a reason the town people did not listen to the little boy. After crying "wolf" so many times it became apparent that the boy was the problem. (READ: There are various and needful social problems. However, these hardly receive just attention because we constantly chase after the boy's phantom "wolf.")

<deleted>. This is nothing but pandering. Asian Americans here in Los Angeles generally speaking fit in quite well. Their children become the most educated. I was at UCLA and the number of asians becoming dentists was unbelievable. Very little bigotry when it comes to Asians and their children go on to become the most successful among all the immigrant populations. What a load of crap.

Being born in Hawaii and living in Indonesia doesn't make him Asian for christ's sake. His father is Kenyan and his mother is from Kansas. He seriously needs to just stay home and start making plans for fishing expeditions and speaking engagements at Sachs. Maybe he can get some speech tips from HRC.

<deleted>. This is nothing but pandering. Asian Americans here in Los Angeles generally speaking fit in quite well. Their children become the most educated. I was at UCLA and the number of asians becoming dentists was unbelievable. Very little bigotry when it comes to Asians and their children go on to become the most successful among all the immigrant populations. What a load of crap.

The largest bigotry against the American Asian community is from black organizations. They hate that a smaller minority has excelled in business, education and good family upbringing. Asians own many of the shops in black communities and those shops are targeted first for looting. This happens every time the black racists organizations call their thugs to the streets for riots and plundering.

Obama again has missed the point, Trump is not their problem, it is the people and politics that support the Democratic party.

Yes, I do vividly remember the LA riots,

"can't we just get along".

The only people whom kept their storefronts,

were Vietnamese, standing guard with AR-15's and such.

Got a clue yet???