31 injured by severe turbulence on Indonesia flight

webfact

31 injured by severe turbulence on Indonesia flight
By Maureen O'Hare, CNN

(CNN)Severe turbulence on an Etihad Airways flight to Indonesia left 31 passengers injured on Wednesday.

Flight EY474 from Abu Dhabi to Jakarta encountered severe and unexpected turbulence about 45 minutes before its arrival at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, the airline confirmed in a statement.

The A330-200 Airbus landed safely at the airport in Jakarta, where nine passengers were taken to hospital.
22 others have been released from the airport clinic after being treated by paramedics for minor injuries.

Full story: http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/04/aviation/turbulence-etihad-flight-jakarta/index.html

cnn.com.jpg
-- CNN 2016-05-05

rolleyes.gif This is precisely why experienced air travelers fly with their seat belts fastened at all times.

About 20 years or so back i was on a flight in the U.S. that dropped 1500 feet [n only a couple of seconds due to clear air turbaleance in the Great Plains area just after crossing the rocky mountains.

These days yhet have Dopplar readr, and often the pilots now can see such turbalance on their Dopplar radar.

But it stii can be scary when your flying along and for a couple of seconds it suddenly feels like you are in a rapidly descending elevator.

No doubt those eedgits believe the flight was saved by their wailing allah akbar. This shows the general level of intelligence of what/who we are dealing with. It is a pity the Captain does not have a command ejection system so he can eject the nut cases out into the stratosphere, they could be with Allah in seconds then.

On the movie there is obviously a guy who has been to Alton Towers or Disney Land as he has his hands waving in the air as the brave do on the mega roller coasters. I bet that gave Allah a chuckle.

As you read in the post above, the truth is, only ever unbuckle your seat belt when you go for a pee, at ALL other times when airborne, keep it fastened. In these cases of severe unexpected turbulence there have been many people around the world who have had their necks broken when they hit the cabin roof or overhead baggage containers.

Edited by Andaman Al

Terrifying experience not helped by the pathetic racist remarks here.

Pathetic wasn't the first word that came to mind.

Not sure if reading this forum is creating added anxiety to the passengers directly involved in the turbulence.

Mmmm turbulence can cause flatulence, BUT flatulence does not cause turbulence.

That would depend entirely on the level of flatulence.

On occasion I have been known to let go some absolute rippers that certainly cause turbulence and at times are measured on the Richter scale.

Usually occurs after a big night on the Chang and some thermonuclear Issan delicacies as my long suffering wife will attest to.

I see in one photo an over head bin has a big crack underneath it where some ones head twatted it i guess. That must have hurt! Maybe theyll think twice about the "i dont need no seatbelt" Allah snackbar! Hahaha.

No doubt those eedgits believe the flight was saved by their wailing allah akbar. This shows the general level of intelligence of what/who we are dealing with. It is a pity the Captain does not have a command ejection system so he can eject the nut cases out into the stratosphere, they could be with Allah in seconds then.

On the movie there is obviously a guy who has been to Alton Towers or Disney Land as he has his hands waving in the air as the brave do on the mega roller coasters. I bet that gave Allah a chuckle.

As you read in the post above, the truth is, only ever unbuckle your seat belt when you go for a pee, at ALL other times when airborne, keep it fastened. In these cases of severe unexpected turbulence there have been many people around the world who have had their necks broken when they hit the cabin roof or overhead baggage containers.

I think the general level of intelligence is shown by people who presume others believe the flight was saved because of their prayers, and those who like a comment like that.