Tesco Home Delivery in Chiang Mai - Level of Stupidity?

menzies233

For over a year now Tesco have provided a pretty good home delivery service with online ordering, it has had its hiccups in the past but in general it has been pretty much OK by me.

In the last few days, some imbecile has redesigned their website, it is a little confusing to begin with but at the ripe old age of 52 I can get the hang of it.

Sadly, they seemed to have made some stupid changes.

I normally order maybe 3KG of Onions and say 3-4 KG potato, along with 4kg of pork, 4 kg chicken....all this is now scrapped!

They have a new order system, the maximum you can purchase by weight seems to be 1.5KG!! Ridiculous.

I can live with their stupid limits on 24 bottles of beer as a max, but hell, 1.5KG of potatos? That is gone in one family meal.

The really stupid thing about these fools is that they are now not charging for delivery.

This means that I can sit and place maybe 10 separate orders, spitefully placed on different days, for 1.5 kG of potato or onion, they then have to drive a 70KM round trip to drop them off instead of allowing me to but 4KG in one go.... no wonder these fools are in the mess they are.

I notice also in Chiang Mai, there is no longer any availability to order Meadowlea, Flora or any other non butter spread, whoever is managing that store should be fired as an incompetent fool.

Wake up Tesco, are you share prices not low enough yet? Is this a cunning plan?

Edited by menzies233

Here in Bangkok there is no listing of those non butter spreads either. But you can still order 3kg or more potatoes. Has the website itself changed? Believe it is the same software used in UK here in Bangkok. I have been using since it became available and in most cases happy with it.

I have seen temporary limitations on amounts of order allowed at times so perhaps it will change/due holiday week we having now.

Edited by lopburi3

They lost me as a online delivery customer when they refused to establish a fill or kill system

The whole idea of allowing some minimum wage stock picker to decide what is a good substitute for what I want is ludicrous

They can't keep their stores stocked, what makes anyone think that they can keep their online system stocked

You are never expected to accept a substitute - they will be clearly marked on both bill and placed in distinctive green bag. It is up to you if you want or not (which is also true of anything - if you do not like the sell by date or something you can refuse - as a matter of fact they will often place in green bag and make a note if near expiration date).

Yes stock is always an issue (although seems to be improving) but providing something close is a rather nice feature and often I can accept there pick. If not they are happy to reduce my bill and if that brings it below an e-coupon discount amount they still provide the full discount.

Tesco Thailand....the "Hub"...of piss poor shopping.....out of stocks...staff yelling into megaphones at the same time as the in store audio system is doing the same.....indifferent surly staff at the refund counter....15 year old college kids managing the checkouts who cannot count...and on it goes

I hate the bloody place......but where I live there is little other choice

I've never used the on-line ordering facility, but am impressed much by the availability of many lines when stationed out at GutChum in 2014 for 65 months (Gutchum is out in the backblocks of Jangwat Yasothon).

The constancy of supply was indeed impressive, and when I saw a semi trailer pulled up and unloading the first time I knew why. The familiar livery on the truck was . . Lindsay Fox, - well known to Aussies. They are a very successful logistics company in Aus.

post-184129-0-60548100-1462523269_thumb.

I didn't even know they had an online ordering system so thanks for the heads up on that.

As to not having margarine, consider yourself lucky and buy butter, margarine is nothing but a toxic GMO laced chemical monstrosity. Without the artificial favouring and colours to make it simulate butter, you'd gag on it.

Level of stupidity of home delivery is the title, but it is just a change of the web shop.

I agree total with you: How stupid can they be to provide a FREE service to a farang.

You can only order smaller amounts, but they still brings it to your house for FREE.

And your last point hit it for me: How dare to take out the assortiment of Meadowlea, Flora or any other non butter spread.

I suggest not only to fire the manager but all of the staff and close the shop down immediately.

That will teach the Thai.

But the Farang has to go around on his bike to find new shops who do provide his favourite farang food.

Could it be good management ? Replacing products with low turnover (profit) to other more profitable products?

I live 1500 kms from you and My Tesco Supermarket didn't have Meadowcraft spread for nearly two months. I bought some in TOPS and it was B99 instead of the usual B89 in Tescos so I thought it was possible the Suppliers had put up their prices and Tescos wouldn't go with it. However, last week it was in the fridge again at B90. I like to buy something called "Mother's" something - exactly the same but B76 and available in Big C.

I mention this as it is likely that whatever Tescos does, it is copied nationally and therefore not a single blithering idiot.

Hi there menzies233

Would suggest you chill out with the labels " stupidity", "incompetent fool" etc.

No one on this site would be permitted to label you as such, so....sad.png

The OP does not need to chill out about anything, the Thais are the nicest people, but for most of them, their stupidity is astounding.

You're right Tesco Lotus is not perfect..

But the delivery men are fantastic. They pack my freezer, put thinks were they think they belong and are as pleasant and helpful as anyone can be.

Their efforts overcome any short comings about stocking.

Of course you could always do the unthinkable and go to Tesco, buy what you want and go home. Nah silly idea that

From what I gather from reading the OP I think he lives a 75 kms round trip. It seems very reasonable to me to use the online service and get - did he say - free delivery?

'They have a new order system, the maximum you can purchase by weight seems to be 1.5KG!! Ridiculous.'

I'm not suggesting that it isn't 'ridiculous' but why don't you ask them! If they already have other deliveries in your area delivering to you more than once may not be be problem. Here I am assuming there is some form of delivery charge which might carry it's % profit, after all, companies are not going to deliver at a loss, are they?

They are doing you a BIG favour by not stocking non butter spread. All non butter spreads are outright poisonous. They are all made from Hydroginated vegatable oils and after many years usually 25-30yrs you will get macular degeneration and go blind. Butter tastes better anyway.

Of course you could always do the unthinkable and go to Tesco, buy what you want and go home. Nah silly idea that

Maybe he can't balance the bags in the basket and on the handlebars of his scooter, like you do. wink.png

I didn't even know they had an online ordering system so thanks for the heads up on that.

As to not having margarine, consider yourself lucky and buy butter, margarine is nothing but a toxic GMO laced chemical monstrosity. Without the artificial favouring and colours to make it simulate butter, you'd gag on it.

Garbage. The saturated fats in butter make it far less healthy than the polyunsaturated oils in margarine.

Margarine doesn't simulate butter. Anyone who has tried to spread refrigerated butter on toast knows that.

Nothing wrong with GMO foods. In fact, anything cooked in canola oil is GMO, because "natural" canola is almost non-existent as a crop.

Canola is used widely in frying and baking of commercial products. You don't see everyone clutching their throats, do you?

Edited by bazza40

Garbage. The saturated fats in butter make it far less healthy than the polyunsaturated oils in margarine.

Margarine doesn't simulate butter. Anyone who has tried to spread refrigerated butter on toast knows that.

Nothing wrong with GMO foods. In fact, anything cooked in canola oil is GMO, because "natural" canola is almost non-existent as a crop.

Canola is used widely in frying and baking of commercial products. You don't see everyone clutching their throats, do you?

That must be why all the spread companies are now starting to produce ranges with butter added. It won't be too long before the chemical plastic cack is a smaller percentage than the butter content and brands like Flora will one day either cease to exist or only have butter or olive oil products.

This is what they are planning, not something 'I read on the internet'.

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

I just love how TV threads progress far beyond the original topic.

Tesco delivery limitations > Tesco manger competency > Deadly margarine chemicals > Margarine vs Butter > Natural vs GMO

It's like the OP plants rose flower seeds, then the replies come like pesticide and turn it into a garden of weeds. This is why I open all threads, because the topic heading is just a tease for a subject matter that could go anywhere.

[emoji2]