Ukrainian faces 5-year blacklist for 337-day overstay

Rimmer

A lot of assumptions here my god, he is from eastern Europe so he must be a criminal of course. I am British what does that make me. And if your american what does that make you? I am surprised. We don't know the guy and his predicament, don't know his story at all but according to the posts here he is obviously a pimp and a thief. Talk about racism

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You said Ukrainian you said everything, and before the blacklisted stamp's ink will dry, this guy is going

to have another passport which he will enter Thailand with.... so don't hold your breath TO-MO guys,

this blacklisting idea will work for most but not for some.....

In the old days this was the case but it will be hard to get by the computer list when they run your name against the list..In the near future will be the finger printing to catch those that change their names.This guy will be kept in the imagration jail until his fine is paid and he has a plane ticket home.I know of a Japanese inmate there before that was held for over two years until his family came up with the money.

Edited by sanukjim

You said Ukrainian you said everything, and before the blacklisted stamp's ink will dry, this guy is going

to have another passport which he will enter Thailand with.... so don't hold your breath TO-MO guys,

You actually believe life is that simple? New passport no worries? Convicted criminals are doing that all the time. Paedophile? New passport, no problem.

he did right not telling them his home, so now they call him homeless, but let's assume his as corrupt as every other Ukrainian, which means he has a home and it's filled with stolen goods and cheap prostitutes... not something you want to let the government devour in a simple matter of a stolen passport you were using to access a 3rd world country...

Did I detect a wee bit on national/racial profiling there? Please correct me if i am wrong, because you are referring to a preferred-nation quality tourist here. (On the basis that most Thais would consider Russians and Ukrainians as the same nation.) They are wrong of course; ask any Ukrainian (but don't ask a Russian.)

he did right not telling them his home, so now they call him homeless, but let's assume his as corrupt as every other Ukrainian, which means he has a home and it's filled with stolen goods and cheap prostitutes... not something you want to let the government devour in a simple matter of a stolen passport you were using to access a 3rd world country...

Think you've just won this week's award for stereotyping.....

Probably all ready has his other IDs prepared for his return trip back to Thailand, he may not even be a Ukrainian. Unless they make this a mandatory prison sentence, even for a first offense then there are no deterrents to stop these people doing this over and over again. As for being homeless and hungry, who can tell? These people know every fiddle and trick in the book, most of them are into something or other.

Probably all ready has his other IDs prepared for his return trip back to Thailand, he may not even be a Ukrainian. Unless they make this a mandatory prison sentence, even for a first offense then there are no deterrents to stop these people doing this over and over again. As for being homeless and hungry, who can tell? These people know every fiddle and trick in the book, most of them are into something or other.

These people!!!! Did you know him!!! Have you got information others do not have about him!!! Mandotory prison sentence !!! For what a minor offence of overstay. why not flog him as well. Not Ukraine! !!! You like to assume don't you

No way that guy is 33. He looks 63

No he doesn't !! He looks like a worn out, homeless 33 year old. Being 63 myself I would gladly trade in my body for his after he gets proper nutrition and rest.

You may have to wait a while for your body exchange as the food and drinks at the Immigration Detention Center isn't known for its high quality.

Headline:

"First high profile case of....bla bla bla"

Then the actual article starts with :" A homeless Ukranian man..etc.etc.

Homeless? High profile?

Okay, whatever !!

These people!!!! Did you know him!!! Have you got information others do not have about him!!! Mandotory prison sentence !!! For what a minor offence of overstay. why not flog him as well. Not Ukraine! !!! You like to assume don't you

OK then, no mandatory prison sentence just deport them. They`re a waste of space anyway.

I don't believe in this case.

He is obviously pennyless/broken, not a mafia weapon dealer.

If he ever gets out of detention prison and got back home, how will he pay for a new ticket?

New passport: would probably work if he gets (a false) one with different name and birthday.

This is the minimum that is automatically scanned and looked up at airport checkpoints.

"Probably": seems like they still have not introduced fingerprinting at the checkpoints as announced two (?) years ago?

What a laughter.

Fingerprinting and face recognition would make an end to "new passport"/"new name".

Forget fingerprinting it can be changed with sandpaper DMV in Western countries learned this years ago and went to eye retina identification, it is quick and easy, put face in machine, punch button to take info, presto, practically unable to make any kind of change to it.

Waiting to see how long before the eye retina ident machines are at Suvarnabhumi, , Dong Muong airports. Not holding my breath. Was suggested for Thai DMV DL issuing several years ago, still waiting but not holding my breath. As Bernard Trink says TIT.

I don't believe in this case.

He is obviously pennyless/broken, not a mafia weapon dealer.

If he ever gets out of detention prison and got back home, how will he pay for a new ticket?

New passport: would probably work if he gets (a false) one with different name and birthday.

This is the minimum that is automatically scanned and looked up at airport checkpoints.

"Probably": seems like they still have not introduced fingerprinting at the checkpoints as announced two (?) years ago?

What a laughter.

Fingerprinting and face recognition would make an end to "new passport"/"new name".

Forget fingerprinting it can be changed with sandpaper DMV in Western countries learned this years ago and went to eye retina identification, it is quick and easy, put face in machine, punch button to take info, presto, practically unable to make any kind of change to it.

Waiting to see how long before the eye retina ident machines are at Suvarnabhumi, , Dong Muong airports. Not holding my breath. Was suggested for Thai DMV DL issuing several years ago, still waiting but not holding my breath. As Bernard Trink says TIT.

ERI has been dumped in the UK !

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-17058448

Perhaps you can tell us which major Western countries are actually using this technology ?

Thailand us not the only country in the world south america is cheap Philippines get sent home apply for new passport no stamps in it go to another country if that's what he wants. Needs money ri do this of course. He doesn't look worried in the photo must admit but he is not being busted for murder, drugs OE human trafficking they will not string him up for this will they

How is a homeless guy a high profile case? I was expecting an ambassador or the CEO of a giant international corporation

Oh so very HISO people with no money and homeless are nothing then