Kuwaiti Knife Fight in Pattaya Now a Murder Investigation

webfact

Kuwaiti Knife Fight in Pattaya Now a Murder Investigation

kw.jpg

PATTAYA: -- The Kuwaiti National News Agency has confirmed that one of the men who was stabbed in a Pattaya City Beer Bar in the early hours of Saturday morning has died as a result of his injuries.

Mr Ahmad Eha, who has now been identified as a serving officer in the Kuwaiti Army, was pronounced dead at Pattaya Memorial Hospital after a battle to save his life. The dead man’s nephew, Sami Joha, is still recovering from the injuries he suffered during the same knife fight, although he has now been released from hospital.

The Kuwaiti Ambassador to Thailand, Abdulla Al Sharhan has told the Kuwaiti News Agency that the diplomatic mission was ‘closely monitoring the killing of one of their citizens in the tourist city of Pattaya.’

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/224016/kuwaiti-knife-fight-in-pattaya-now-a-murder-investigation/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-05-09

Well why don't you read the whole story: Thai police have arrested the two killers who are believed to be ‘stateless Bidoun,’ which is a term used to describe those who live in Kuwait but who are not Kuwaiti Citizens.

So looks like no Thais involved.

Bidoun often travel on fake passports, because they have difficulty in obtaining genuine Kuwait passports. They are not Kuwait citizens, and only have "residence" in Kuwait. They rarely have birth certificates, or any other official document. The thing is, once they leave Kuwait, the Kuwait authorities often won't accept them back in Kuwait, even if the have a residence permit. Will be interesting to see what their immigration status is in Thailand, and how they entered.

Well why don't you read the whole story: Thai police have arrested the two killers who are believed to be stateless Bidoun, which is a term used to describe those who live in Kuwait but who are not Kuwaiti Citizens.

So looks like no Thais involved.

Where did theChook say it was Thais involved? He said "another foreigner killed in Thailand"

Doesn't have to be Thais involved when a murder is committed on Thai soil to tarnish their reputation.

Or do you believe you can mind read what theChook is thinking and know if he read the whole story or not?

I do find it almost interesting that in this case the term murder was used, whereas some gobbledygook term was used for killing of handicapped man in Bangkok. Foreigner killing foreigner, sure, murder. Thai on Thai.....?

I do find it almost interesting that in this case the term murder was used, whereas some gobbledygook term was used for killing of handicapped man in Bangkok. Foreigner killing foreigner, sure, murder. Thai on Thai.....?

If I remember correctly, the term "beaten to death" was used and something about knives was included. It seems that much more graphic and descriptive gobbledygook is usually used -- just the way it's done here, I guess. Perhaps the term "murder" came form the Kuwaiti Embassy, where staff would likely have more advanced English language ability or take a more subtle approach.

Murder committed involving sons of local policemen as in the handicapped person was, is bound to involve use of euphemisms. Sorry Off Topic.

Edited by The Deerhunter

More trash to jail then deport what type of tourist carries a knife on a night out.

The type that had a massive argument before (no violence on that particular night) and came back looking for the victims day(s) later to further the argument with tragic consequences. That's who!!

Feel the finer nuances of this.

Two stateless Bedouins killing a true Kuwaiti and wounding(?) another.

Bloody foreigners again.

On overstay.

Real aliens.

Who started the fray?

Kuwaiti or Bedouins.

More trash to jail then deport what type of tourist carries a knife on a night out.

the type that want's to protect himself from "lady boys:, robbers, and thai thieves!

Pepperspray or mace may be more appropriate. Even when I would have a knife, I 'd be to scared to use it.

Pepper spray would be more appropriate for those pesky thieving LBs that are very aggressive and dangerous would do the trick. I don't think you can kill anyone with that stuff .

the type that want's to protect himself from "lady boys:, robbers, and thai thieves!

I never leave home without pepper spray and a knife...I never seek out confrontations or arguments or fights...over the course of a couple of years in Thailand, I've had three situations where I thought I might have to defend myself...e.g., obviously being followed by a couple of Thai guys...

I know that most Thais carry knives, and aren't afraid to use them gratuitously...the least I can do is try to even the odds if I am attacked...

If I could carry a gun without the chance of being readily arrested, I would do that as well...

" Foreigner killing foreigner, sure, murder. Thai on Thai.....?"

Yes. Almost interesting.

Police have made a quick arrest in the gruesome murder of a 29 year old Ratchaburi woman
Death threats made against police investigating murder of student in Kalasin
Two Thai teenagers arrested for murder following horrific gang attack in Phatthalung

If I remember correctly, the term "beaten to death" was used and something about knives was included. It seems that much more graphic and descriptive gobbledygook is usually used -- just the way it's done here, I guess. Perhaps the term "murder" came form the Kuwaiti Embassy, where staff would likely have more advanced English language ability or take a more subtle approach.

Either way, clearly once again words, whatever, used as another excuse by the now incumbent and seemingly immovable 'Humbug Parade' to spin negatively on Thailand!.. (For Humbug Parade, read: Expats or long-term 'visitors' who despise the country of Thailand and all it's people so much they choose to stay and will NEVER leave!!.. only BLEAT and BLEAT and BLEAT herein!!!).. Not there aren't plenty of the things wrong (with this whole godforsaken world if we're honest!!) but is there ANYTHING some people hear about or do in this country WITHOUT findong something, ANYTHING, to bleat anti-Thai about it??? Come here for a new life and then constantly moan about it. Mmm.. nope. Don't get it.

I'm actually not there now as I have to work elsewhere (in Asia) for the time being to get the money together and come back and live in Thailand once more.. and I do MISS it, my life there, despite my own sometime issues.. My 'fellow foreigners'.. mostly NOT. wai.gif

Pepper spray would be more appropriate for those pesky thieving LBs that are very aggressive and dangerous would do the trick. I don't think you can kill anyone with that stuff .

Unless really desperate------ like try to pushing the empty can down her throat or somewhere??coffee1.gif

After reading about the situation of the bedouin in Kuwait I have an idea what the argument/quarrel might have been about.

There are Bedouins in Kuwait? Are they Bedouin Bedouns? What do you think an argument between Bedouins and Kuwaitis would be about, the pros and cons of being semi-nomadic?

Don't forget the drunk Thai gangs especially if you happen to bump one

of them when walking on the overly spacious side walks.

Hmmmm

Seems like age old animosities flared up between Middle Eastern ethnic identities.

I surmise they where thinking: Pattaya would be considered a great place to settle their age old animosities...or so it seems ......with daggers in their eyes and the real thing in their hands.....

Cheer

Bidoun often travel on fake passports, because they have difficulty in obtaining genuine Kuwait passports. They are not Kuwait citizens, and only have "residence" in Kuwait. They rarely have birth certificates, or any other official document. The thing is, once they leave Kuwait, the Kuwait authorities often won't accept them back in Kuwait, even if the have a residence permit. Will be interesting to see what their immigration status is in Thailand, and how they entered.

In this instance, the Kuwait authorities will already be arranging immediate custody and transportation back to Kuwait. Once there they will have a 3 minute trial and then the perpetrators would either be hung in the town market place where they lived leaving their bodies to rot or they would be decapitated in front of a crowd of enthusiastic Kuwaitis chanting anti-Bedouin slogans. There will be no virgins waiting for those two. At least not in Pattaya.