Englishman pays five million baht dowry as he marries Thai man he met on Facebook

webfact

Not sure why this is news. Anyone from the UK that has not saved £100,000 by this age has serious problems

Yeah right, plenty of UK dudes spending £100.000 on a Thai guy's "hand" after having met on FB. That is news.

UK people getting drunk and being beaten up after mummy hit a Thai is imo LESS news.............. coffee1.gif

A cowardly, brutal attack on pensioners by chicken shit low life scum is less important than this story?

You have serious priority issues.

Also not quite honest in your representation of what actually happened.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Tony has already got himself a new name..."Celebrit"(y). clap2.gif And if you scroll down the page a bit you'll see that the new house is already being built. Looks to me as though all this could turn ugly when the account dries up a bit. Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/niceclub.bombom

nice white merc there with 'someone's' hand on the wheel dripping in gold? all that glitters... but if happy good luck

Looks like Tony has already got himself a new name..."Celebrit"(y). clap2.gif And if you scroll down the page a bit you'll see that the new house is already being built. Looks to me as though all this could turn ugly when the account dries up a bit. Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/niceclub.bombom

Yeah. I had a look at that page and the pictures. And Tony's pictures. I hate to say this, but I am 99.9% sure Carl has been taken for a ride on this one.

Don't ask me how I know this :)

works at: "Bang UOB"... cheesy.gif

Unfit Obese Brits ................................... gigglem.gif

Not sure why this is news. Anyone from the UK that has not saved £100,000 by this age has serious problems

Yeah right, plenty of UK dudes spending £100.000 on a Thai guy's "hand" after having met on FB. That is news.

UK people getting drunk and being beaten up after mummy hit a Thai is imo LESS news.............. coffee1.gif

A cowardly, brutal attack on pensioners by chicken shit low life scum is less important than this story?

I agree, my priorities concern people I actually know. I leave it to that as it is/was not my intention to derail the OP, or upset u.

I agree, my priorities concern people I actually know. I leave it to that as it is/was not my intention to derail the OP, or upset u.

And yet you did on both counts...but I'll leave it at that as well.

sigh

“The whole world goes on and on about love. Poets spend their lives writing about it. Everyone thinks it's the most wonderful thing. But, when you mention two guys in love, they forget all that and freak out.”

Mark A. Roeder, Outfield Menace

yea I do get your point (well put as always) but I , personally, am no 'believer' in 'romantic love' and would proffer a challenge that it is love at all and not more akin to an 'obsession'

that said, and putting my cynicism concerning motivation, aside.. I wish them well

but as the great Tina once sang "what's love got to do with it"?

Big fat farang fool, he deserves to be taken to the cleaners. Why not just pay the Thai male prostitute 10,000 Bt a month?

Because there's a difference between love and sex.

From Carl's side yeah.

And it's not because he's overweight and stuff, he hasn't lived in Thailand and does not have a "nose" for this. That's the issue. Facebook love, Thailand, 5M.

sigh

“The whole world goes on and on about love. Poets spend their lives writing about it. Everyone thinks it's the most wonderful thing. But, when you mention two guys in love, they forget all that and freak out.”

Mark A. Roeder, Outfield Menace

yea I do get your point (well put as always) but I , personally, am no 'believer' in 'romantic love' and would proffer a challenge that it is love at all and not more akin to an 'obsession'

that said, and putting my cynicism concerning motivation, aside.. I wish them well

but as the great Tina once sang "what's love got to do with it"?

The Facebook page was a "tell" in my view. It looks like a relationship based on materialism, rather than love. Tony appears to like the 'bling' luxury lifestyle that he expects Karl to provide. He looks like a guy on the make.

I've no problem with gay marriage. But having seen the FB page, I think Karl has been foolish ... I don't think it will end well for him when he puts the brakes on the spending.

So same sex marriages are allowed in Thailand???

It was a Thai traditional wedding. I guess you could marry your pet buffalo if she was cute enough.

I know a guy whose wife looks like a buffalo but not as cute.

It's a safe bet that this guys been shafted!

does the UK allow visa's for a male bride? wouls not be surprised as they now have a muslim mayor!
If they get married in the UK, Tony would have exactly the same benefits as if it was a straight couple. From long term visa to obtaining citizenship after xyz years to divorce compensation.

Nothing to do with any mayors, mayors don't decide visas or married couple's benefits.

Archived