Englishman pays five million baht dowry as he marries Thai man he met on Facebook

webfact

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, as I said, I think the dowry part is foolish and ridiculous, but perhaps these kinds of events will nudge Thailand towards legalizing same sex marriage. If not out of respect for the equal civil rights of their GLBT citizens, but for potential FINANCIAL benefits. As far the gold digging issue, well, if you're a foreigner interested in marrying a Thai, saying dowry NO WAY, is a great way to filter that out, and save yourself both money and grief.

Yep, this would probably be the END of most such potential marriages where "big money" deposits are demanded. Who wants to marry a "bad" farang who doesn't respect "Thai culture"? Ha ha. Bad but maybe smart.

As far as this payment being a "tradition" -- that is absurd. There is NO "tradition" in Thailand of a foreign man marrying a Thai man. It's not even recognized IN ANY WAY under the laws of Thailand. As far as Thailand is concerned, these are two SINGLE men, even after they get legally married in England (assuming that will happen).

Is this Thai man saying he's a play acting girl? That seems silly. He's a man. Perhaps this would be more apt in the case of a TRANSGENDER Thai ... but that man is obviously not a transgender person.

Why should same sex couples in Thailand (or anywhere) copy the most ridiculous customs of heterosexual so called customs?

I can of course understand helping out a family financially over the course of the relationship, if they really need it and if you can really afford it, of course. But this lump sum payment ... give us a break!

Slippery slope of course. The next guy might expect TEN million.

I would be curious to know if there was any kind of discussion between the English guy and the Thai guy regarding the full extent of ongoing financial obligations and duties or whether the English guys simply rushed into this like a lovesick puppy.

I mean this is one instance in particular where a prenuptial agreement would have at least set some boundaries. As it is with such generous gifts and inviting 500 people it looks like he has left himself wide open for other members of the Thai family to asking for financial help when needed.

For example I would think going forward there is going to be at least some expectation that the English guy should cough up regarding any additional unforeseen expenses regarding the mother and father. but what happens though if another family member has some kind of financial emergency and then puts the hard word on the Thai guy to ask for a “ loan “ that probably will never be repaid?

Guy had to cough up 5 million? Is that because he's so lardy, unfit and unsightly, or because his sweetheart is such a cutie?

I reckon it's more like being told in Thai culture you must pay "bride" to take "her" away so family can be take care ...

The Thai guy isn't particularly hot in an objective way. Some people find big men sexy.

Don't mean to be rude because I hope they're really in love regardless of the soaking but if you're looking for a trophy boy it would be super easy to do much better for much less than 5 m.

cheesy.gif scam...

seriously, after this, no wonder that all thai people think foreigners farangs are stupid buffalo.

5 millions baht for a factory worker money boy. blink.png

I am really lost for words, but where is the love, the respect, the desire. This is just about money.

Why it was the farang who paid the sinsod to the thai and not the opposite?

Because, this silly wedding was just a scam to extract money from the farang, nothing else.

In all thailand history, you think a thai guy did ever give a sinsod to another thai guy ?? Only farang paylaugh.png Thai are again laughing at uscoffee1.gif

In the west it would be hard, particularly in gay world, for a quite obese man to find a decent similar age long term partner. Not impossible, but really hard. Again, for all we know they'll be really happy and that's worth quite a lot (if you've got it). wub.png

In the west it would be hard, particularly in gay world, for a quite obese man to find a decent similar age long term partner. Not impossible, but really hard. Again, for all we know they'll be really happy and that's worth quite a lot (if you've got it). wub.png

yes i wonder how much he pays him...whistling.gif

I wonder if they shaved their balls ?

Why?

Why???

Because if they have not shaved themselves ...then he wants to volunteer to help the both of them shave their balls....as a wedding gift of course ....nothing else implied.....lol

Cheers

Ok so to recap, so far we have at least 2 other people confirmed apart from me that had a look at the FB profile and see a gay version of a "love you long time" Isaan bar girl, correct?

There are some major red flags there in his selfies. Not talking about the bag nor the fact that Carl is overweight.

And ignoring the sin sod.

Overweight gay farang finds love with virginal thai man after exchange of 5 million baht,does this sum up the happy event or am I missing something gigglem.gif

Virginal? I missed that part of it? coffee1.gif

As tight as a nuns chuff...........apparently thumbsup.gif

Overweight gay farang finds love with virginal thai man after exchange of 5 million baht,does this sum up the happy event or am I missing something gigglem.gif

So you're making assumptions about sexual positions? Really, I wouldn't.

A man of means seems happy.

But the payments always hint at a purchase .

I wonder how the marriage will go?

Does it matter if a toaster given as a present gift electrocutes the Englishman later.?

Or the Thai man ruthlessly betrays him?

Or they adopt and become loving parents who encourage the boy to cook?

The money.

It's relevant to the story as one party comes from a third world country .

Will relations want a divorce and more?

Another trick if it was?

It's all very much tabloid .

Someone is somewhere in Thailand was about to smack their boy for fiddling about with himself , but having heard this story decided it might not be so bad

It's an unusually high dowry payment, even in the context of a ceremonial foreigner-Thai gay marriage being unusual. No wonder there's so much sensation about the story. If it had been something like 100K baht ... not really so much news. Like the Thai guy is a movie star or something. (Not.)

So you're making assumptions about sexual positions? Really, I wouldn't.

No Sir absolutely nothing to do with sexual activities,a nuns chuff is the white headband covering her forehead,you presume too much wai2.gif

I am also wondering what (if anything) this kind of arrangement with two similar age cisgender MEN says about COLONIALISM. You've got the one MAN from a rich country doing a "white man's burden" thing with payment to the other MAN from the perceived non-white poor country. Maybe some academics can comment on that one.coffee1.gif

They haven't bought the kid yet, Jingthing.

I am also wondering what (if anything) this kind of arrangement with two similar age cisgender MEN says about COLONIALISM. You've got the one MAN from a rich country doing a "white man's burden" thing with payment to the other MAN from the perceived non-white poor country. Maybe some academics can comment on that one.coffee1.gif

They haven't bought the kid yet, Jingthing.

That's rather rude. If they want a kid, I reckon they can probably adopt later.

Tony... ''He spoke of the couple's joy at being able to marry and said that people of all ages and sexes should be able to get married and enjoy a happy life together without restrictions.''

Ummmm...... unless you pay my family a huge dowry we can't marry!....... nice start Tony coffee1.gif

Archived