Pattaya Shopkeeper Conned out of Bt 7,000

webfact

Pattaya Shopkeeper Conned out of Bt 7,000

7k.jpg

PATTAYA: -- At 10pm on May 9th a Pattaya One reporter received a call from forty-five year old Miss Krisana Kamolrat, the owner of a shop on Soi Watboonsumpan, Banglamung, Chonburi. She reported that a woman, claiming to be a teacher, had visited her shop on the Friday morning of May 6th and asked to buy milk.

She then spent around twenty-minutes making friendly conversation with the Miss Kamolrat.

After a while the unknown woman, described as around forty-years old, slim and about 165cm tall, claimed that she could supply cheap products such as whisky, eggs and cooking oil and would arrange to have them delivered to the shop. The shop owner, who liked the sound of the deal, readily gave the stranger Baht 7000 in cash and when another customer came into the shop to buy cigarettes the lady disappeared.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/224061/pattaya-shopkeeper-conned-bt7000/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-05-10

Scams like this only work,if the purchaser is greedy,greed got in the

way of common sense,why not tell the scammer to bring the goods

in,and then they would be paid.who hands money over to someone

they have just met.

regards worgeordie

As I always said...greed is a Thais Achilles heel.but in this case she was just a oldish woman looking to make a few extra baht.it wasn't some shady drug deal.i hope the con artist gets levelled by a lunatic uninsured drunk driver.i think some people should engage the old grey matter before commenting.she was offered a better deal that's all and probably caught off guard.bless the poor old girl we've all been turned over sometime in our lives.she maybe a bit Nieve but to scorn her or mock her....well I don't know about that.

cheesy.gif you couldnt write this.what ? a shrewd,money minded shop keeper gets turned over by another Thai no less.What an absolute idiot. Greed,greed,greed.I bet her old man wasnt too pleased when she told him.'trust me i'm thai,just like you'