Big day: Surrogate baby Carmen flies home with gay couple

webfact

...and for those who think it's "unnatural"...... 450 species!

http://www.yalescientific.org/2012/03/do-animals-exhibit-homosexuality/

features-animalhomosexual-1.jpg

Unfamiliar? Not in the least. I even know a story about a gay Penguin.

eskimo-pie.jpg

Jumped in his car one day to take a trip down the coast. As he drove into a small seaside village his car broke down. The Penguin gets it towed to the one small local garage, where the mechanic tells him to go away and come back in an hour or so, by then he should be able to tell him what's wrong. So the Penguin goes for a walk down the beach, takes in the sights, goes for a swim etc., and after about an hour he commences walking to back to the garage. On the way he stops and buys an 'Eskimo Pie' from a street vendor. it is a very hot day and by the time he makes it back to the garage half of the Eskimo Pie has melted down his chin and all over his chest.

The Mechanic hears the Penguin walk in and pulls his head out from under the bonnet, looks at the Penguin and says.

'It looks like you've blown a seal mate!'

"Na!", says the Penguin, "It's just the Eskimo Pie I was eating"

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has any research been done on the effect of being raised by miserable, negative bigots?

Probably not, but I can tell you that my mum was pretty miserable..My sister and I knew that, but guess what, she was MUM, she was 'king', she was all of that till her passing..

Our planet is a host of very different creatures, but one thing is for sure, the female gave birth, took care of them till it was time for them to go their own way, even protected them from their males...

Humans closest relative, the Ape, youtube how the female does it's stuff to protect, even from their males...

If you are calling me a bigot because I believe every kid should have and be with a mum, up to you, but my thought on the matter will never change, don't care what TVF friends l lose, to me a kid comes first and not for a few bucks to forefil a whim to somebody who don't like females.

So what happens if the kid asks.."I want my mum".....Tell me...?

Kids want their parents. Whoever they might be. Why would it ask for someone else?

Actually, I know at least one kid who calls one of its gay parents 'mum'. I'm guessing that might be a bit much for some members to process, though.

But please answer my question, what if the kid asks for it's mum....?

My son has no memory of a mother. For all his life, it's been the two of us. He's seen many examples of different family arrangements: single parent, two parent, various relatives, etc. And he has never asked "where's my mum?" He has never stated "I want my mum."

I guess talking our true feelings about this will get the post removed for being too real...

So let's just say this:

I'm very happy to be born and have lived in places without wars and horrors.

I'm even more happy to be of this generation that had it good but won't regret when death comes because humanity is going so much to s***e that it will be a relief to escape it.

Apart from that, enjoy having the next generation raised by sodomites.

Damn, I'm gonna get banned!

You'd rather die than see gay people happy?

No, I will die when I will die, it's not related to gay people's happiness.

And I wish tons of happiness to all gay people.

But gay people adopting and raising children is just plain wrong.

But that's only a tiny part of what's wrong and getting worse by the minute, and they are mostly not related to sexual orientation, some are. But gays are not the part that's wrong, homosexuality is part of nature, nature always includes an anomaly, that's the way it evolves. But that anomaly doesn't necessarily need to become the norm.

Well, don't know your reasoning as to why gay people should not be allowed to adopt or raise children but this story is not about adoption. They didn't adopt this child. She is the biological child of the one father. This is their child.

My son has no memory of a mother. For all his life, it's been the two of us. He's seen many examples of different family arrangements: single parent, two parent, various relatives, etc. And he has never asked "where's my mum?" He has never stated "I want my mum."

Good to hear.thumbsup.gif

But a poster saying the same whining complaint about the Mum thing like 1000 times, it's the same message. We heard it already! Enough already!sick.gif

Just say NO to Mommy SPAM!

Edited by Jingthing

But a poster saying the same whining complaint about the Mum thing

True. So what happens when parents use their children as weapons in a divorce? And what ever happened to a loving atmosphere? Does it all hinge on having a woman present? There is no woman in my son's life. He is turning out normal.

Lives can be different when growing up,

You're right, they can be. So stop throwing your insecurities on another situation. What you went through is not the written word for all children.

True. So what happens when parents use their children as weapons in a divorce? And what ever happened to a loving atmosphere? Does it all hinge on having a woman present? There is no woman in my son's life. He is turning out normal.

Of course I agree. Loving parents (or parent) is the most important thing.

Good to hear.thumbsup.gif

But a poster saying the same whining complaint about the Mum thing like 1000 times, it's the same message. We heard it already! Enough already!sick.gif

For you yes because you are a gay bloke, l am not and thinking about a made to order kid with no mum..

So you tell me, what if you were in this situation and 'your' kid asked.."I want my mum", or "where is my mum"...........

What would be your reply...?

Why would kid with no mum ask for their mum?

Seriously, dude, enough with the mum thing. You've made your point. It's starting to seem like you have issues.

Of course I agree. Loving parents (or parent) is the most important thing.

Oops, I can see that I didn't phrase things correctly. I was agreeing with you and rebutting something transam said.

As far as the surrogacy question, this case was not about that.

It was a custody case and right side won this custody case.

Surrogacy by foreigners has already been made illegal in Thailand, so this isn't going to come up again, regardless of whether the foreign couple is gay or not.

As far as the few other countries where surrogacy by foreigners is still legal, yes I think that should be open to all infertile couples who would make good parents, but that isn't the issue here, and obviously each nation has every right to make their own laws on these matters, even if they are unfairly discriminatory.

So a few of you cannot tell me what if the kid asks for it's mum or where is my mum...?rolleyes.gif

My son never asks because he knows he has no mom. Is that answer good enough for you? Kids are aware of different family situations. Yes, there will always be bullies who pick on kids for any reason, regardless of the child's parental situation. But a child raised in a loving and supportive environment generally will not question it. Or if he/she does, the care giver/parent will probably be ready with the answer.

Edited by wangsuda

So a few of you cannot tell me what if the kid asks for it's mum or where is my mum...?rolleyes.gif

You asked. People answered.

Are you going to keep asking until you get an answer you like?

Fink no answers, now SB, as you have been heavily in this topic, calling folk all sorts of things, YOU tell me what would your reply be to THIS kid if it asked for it's mum or where is my mum..

Tell me....?

Why would it ask me?

Where is my mum? What a stupid thing to say. There are lots of circumstances where Mum is not there.

Methinks Transam is projecting his lack of mum onto this thread. Where was your mum, Transam, when you were a little boy?

Take it a bit further - how many kids ask "where is my daddy"? "why can't daddy be here?"?

Did you know, for these men to take Carmen home the egg doner (who is also the doner for her brother) actually came forward with her side of the story. That shows the dedication of this couple.

Where is my mum? What a stupid thing to say. There are lots of circumstances where Mum is not there.

Methinks Transam is projecting his lack of mum onto this thread. Where was your mum, Transam, when you were a little boy?

Take it a bit further - how many kids ask "where is my daddy"? "why can't daddy be here?"?

Did you know, for these men to take Carmen home the egg doner (who is also the doner for her brother) actually came forward with her side of the story. That shows the dedication of this couple.

You are wrong, if a mum died, buggered off dad can tell the truth about that...

What's this guy going to say....?

Oh, I paid a bird....rolleyes.gif

Like I said one of the many other times you asked this question - they'd probably say something like "We wanted you so much that we asked somebody to help make you, so we could love you and raise you".

Transam, did your father leave your mother for another man?!!!

No, he had brain injuries from WW2 that she could not deal with.......

Pat, what does your mum mean to you....?

She means the World to me. She is 86 years old with all her brain and limbs intact. But, if any of her children were gay she would not be biast. And welcome any partners or children into the fold of her happy family.

On to a better life.. forget this Thailand nightmare.. all the best, good luck.. there is a better support system in the US... California.

I think they're moving to Spain. The biological father is American. His husband is Spanish.

My parents moved to Uganda in the early fifties. Colonialists, big white bwana etc.

They brought me and my sister and brother up as "children of the World", no racism, no homophobia, no putting our noses up at people that are poorer than us.

I think they did a good job. We are well educated and can see the World through clear glass.

The only thing that blackens my view on the world is - how women are treated and the homophobia.

Otherwise me and mine are hunkydory.

And do hope the mother will file a countersuit to the surrogate agency and these two characters, for getting her to sign a document under false pretences and withholding information which would have been crucial to her decision making. They revealed they were gay on the day they picked up the baby. She would never have agreed if she knew. She had a right to know. They deceived her and used her body knowingly and deceptively.

Shame on them.

She could fly to their country and start legal proceedings I suppose!

Thank goodness Thailand has now banned surrogacy and this sort of thing won't happen again here. This whole surrogacy business with the renting of wombs, buying of eggs and sperm, often where women in poorer countries are taken advantage of, is a whole can of worms, and IMO should be banned everywhere.

No, actually, it is good money for her. Probably made more renting out her womb than a couple years working in the factory.