Top Hezbollah commander Mustafa Badreddine killed in Syria – group confirms

rooster59

Top Hezbollah commander Mustafa Badreddine killed in Syria – group confirms

post-247607-0-99609500-1463198437_thumb.

Top Hezbollah commander Mustafa Badreddine has been killed in Syria, the Lebanese Shia militant group confirmed.

Lebanon’s al-Mayadeen TV said he had died in an Israeli airstrike at one of the group’s bases near the Lebanese-Syrian border on Tuesday.

Badreddine was indicted by a UN-backed special tribunal for the assassination former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri in 2005.

On a US sanctions list he was assessed as being responsible for Hezbollah’s activities in Syria, where they supporting the forces of Bashar al-Assad.

Badreddine’s death marks the biggest blow to the group since their top military chief Imad Mughniyah was assassinated in 2008.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-05-14

Confusing and then some. So, Hezbollah is supporting the rightful Syrian ruler, who is fighting the swell of Islamic nutters in his country. The islamic whackjobs are being supported by the west, who are also happily taking refugees fleeing from strict Islam that they have sponsored - and importing the religious hate and intolerance to the civilized world. Seems to me this Assad should be supported in the same way that other ME legends such as Saddam should have been. Muslims need a brutal strongman to rule them with an iron fist.

This guy was no angel, he had lots of blood on his hands and had many others who didn't like him mainly his boss Hassan Nasrallah who didn't like the fact that Badreddine wanted to minimize the involvements of the Hezbollah fighters in Syria as they were suffering massive losses in life, not to mention that he was on Israel's list ' to do ' and when you're on that list, your days are numbers....

Confusing and then some. So, Hezbollah is supporting the rightful Syrian ruler, who is fighting the swell of Islamic nutters in his country. The islamic whackjobs are being supported by the west, who are also happily taking refugees fleeing from strict Islam that they have sponsored - and importing the religious hate and intolerance to the civilized world. Seems to me this Assad should be supported in the same way that other ME legends such as Saddam should have been. Muslims need a brutal strongman to rule them with an iron fist.

You mean the rightful Syrian ruler who is indiscriminately bombing and killing his own civilians? Creating one of the worst humanitarian disasters the world has seen recently?

He actually started supporting these "islamic whackjobs" a long time ago. No person deserves to live under brutal strongmen like this. Nobody, no family. Most just want to live peacefully and raise their families.

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v36/n07/peter-neumann/suspects-into-collaborators

For Bashar al-Assad, the blame lies with outsiders – especially Turkey and the Gulf monarchies – who have used their money and influence to sponsor the uprising, arm the rebels and supply foreign recruits. This is certainly the case, but it’s only part of the story. In the years that preceded the uprising, Assad and his intelligence services took the view that jihad could be nurtured and manipulated to serve the Syrian government’s aims. It was then that foreign jihadists first entered the country and helped to build the structures and supply lines that are now being used to fight the government. To that extent Assad is fighting an enemy he helped to create.

Congrats to Israel for eliminating a terrible individual.

This guy was no angel, he had lots of blood on his hands and had many others who didn't like him mainly his boss Hassan Nasrallah who didn't like the fact that Badreddine wanted to minimize the involvements of the Hezbollah fighters in Syria as they were suffering massive losses in life, not to mention that he was on Israel's list ' to do ' and when you're on that list, your days are numbers....

He was behind the bomb in Beirut that killed 241 U.S and 56 French servicemen. That he has been permanently removed from this earth is a cause for rejoicing.

Hate to say it but I think I agree with you. Getting rid of some of these despots was only a good idea until someone worse took over and made the places even more intractable. Imagine how many "migrants" would NOT be in Europe of we had supported Assad, as unpalatable as it may seem, against the pro democracy rebels. I'm not sure at what point Assad started supporting ISIS and of course the western love of arming the Mujahideen for bloodying Russia's nose in Afghanistan rolled over into helping create the Taliban and ultimately ISIS who we now don't like, at all.

The policy of "My enemy's enemy must be my friend" diplomacy has a lot to answer for and gets 4 or 5 dimensional sometimes. Oh what a complicated world we well -intentioned, pro democracy do-gooders (like me) live in.

Edited by The Deerhunter

Could have missed it, but so far Hezbollah did not directly blame Israel. With the organization's involvement in the Syria, it gained quite a few enemies.

Mustafa Badreddine, Hezbollah Military Commander, Is Killed in Syria

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/14/world/middleeast/mustafa-badreddine-hezbollah.html?_r=1

Mustafa Badreddine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustafa_Badreddine

Hate to say it but I think I agree with you. Getting rid of some of these despots was only a good idea until someone worse took over and made the places even more intractable. Imagine how many "migrants" would NOT be in Europe of we had supported Assad, as unpalatable as it may seem, against the pro democracy rebels. I'm not sure at what point Assad started supporting ISIS and of course the western love of arming the Mujahideen for bloodying Russia's nose in Afghanistan rolled over into helping create the Taliban and ultimately ISIS who we now don't like, at all.

The policy of "My enemy's enemy must be my friend" diplomacy has a lot to answer for and gets 4 or 5 dimensional sometimes. Oh what a complicated world we well -intentioned, pro democracy do-gooders (like me) live in.

Or, if we got rid of him as soon as he used chemical weapons on his people? I doubt the problems with immigration to Europe would be as bad. At least nobody would still have bombs dropping on them. Thus, no reason to leave Syria. Messed up? Absolutely. Either way.

Hezbollah killing: Jihadists blamed for Badreddine death

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-36292594

Hezbollah: Mustafa Badreddine killed in shelling

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/05/hezbollah-mustafa-badreddine-killed-shelling-160514070756124.html

Hezbollah blames rebel shelling for death of top commander in Syria

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-hezbollah-blast-idUSKCN0Y506R