choosing between mazda cx-3, nissan x-trail, kia soul, honda hrv, subaru xv

Yes, we seem to have similar needs from a new car. I've settled on the CX-3, unless something new to my taste, and roughly in the price range, turned up in the very near future. I am looking to buy later in the year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cx3 does not have much more ride height than a sedan. I looked and drove one of these in Australia recently. Was disappointed really as I was hoping that it would be a winner. What sort of driving do you do. Bangkok city driving or out in the countryside. If mostly countryside the xtrail wins hands down. I looked and drove one of these and in Australia it was very well fitted out inside. Handled well on the road. I've been driving a Fortuner here for the last 4 years and it's great in the countryside. Unfortunately its up for sale now. I didn't think the cx3 was very well fitted out inside. The controls seemed not so functional. Xtrail was about 250k baht more than the cx3 though. Although there was a cheaper version xtrail that was closer in price to the top spec cx3.

There is an x-trail hybred on display at the Auto Show ... finishes tomorrow. Great paint job ... nice seats ... not too keen on the plastic dash though.

What was special about the paint job? Nissans here seem to have a load of orange peel in them....mind you, most cars here do...even benzes.

I'm considering the cx-5 2.2 dielse for my next car....but would test that against the x-trail. The cx-3 is just too small, especially in the rear. I guess there would be a new cr-v out in the near future, possibly with the 2.0 that comes in the US civic...but would love to see the 1.5 turbo put in it.

There is an x-trail hybred on display at the Auto Show ... finishes tomorrow. Great paint job ... nice seats ... not too keen on the plastic dash though.

What was special about the paint job? Nissans here seem to have a load of orange peel in them....mind you, most cars here do...even benzes.

I'm considering the cx-5 2.2 dielse for my next car....but would test that against the x-trail. The cx-3 is just too small, especially in the rear. I guess there would be a new cr-v out in the near future, possibly with the 2.0 that comes in the US civic...but would love to see the 1.5 turbo put in it.

Just that it was a nice metallic.

I looked at the paint surface ... no orange peel ... but there were a number of minute washing or polishing scratches ...

If you live within travelling distance of 'Impact' maybe worth a visit today or tomorrow.

Just that it was a nice metallic.

I looked at the paint surface ... no orange peel ... but there were a number of minute washing or polishing scratches ...

If you live within travelling distance of 'Impact' maybe worth a visit today or tomorrow.

I'm very close to Impact but don't have time this weekend unfortunately! I wonder if they de-peel show cars? Mind, I've never taken that much notice of the paint quality when going to these shows.

...regarding the CX3: if you wanted to wait until the next model Update;

then a new propietary technology is being progressively introduced to each model level,

- at the release of the next respective Update, called:

Mazda G-Vectoring Control

...apparently it has this steering management for cornering -momentarily backing off engine power at the turn, giving even better weigh transfer control, for traction.

Plenty to read up on a Google Search

I could thin them out quickly. I would eliminate any of them that are NOT diesel powered.

Why.?.

Why a diesel? Low end torque, way more economical to run, Longer life and less maintenance. What could be better?

For what it's worth...been liking Mazda's style lately quite a bit and had very favourable comments here on several models test driving them. I need to however update that on 2 occasions my friend and son bought Mazdas last year-Friend a CX5 and son the 2 Diesel. The CX5 had several issues from beginning in terms of quality and little updates having to be done under warranty. My sons 2 even more so, after only a year and 6000 km the rear shocks had issues and Mazda replaced them saying theye had to do plenty of those already....not normal if you ask me on such a new model. Additional troubles with the stop/start function, which took several times to get to the bottom of. Battery dead after 1 year...and a few other smaller niggles. Hmmmh, not overly impressed with quality control....the 2 drives real nice though and has plenty of go...just a bit wondering all this within 12 months. My wife's Xtrail had nearly no issues for the first 7 years and even then only regular wear issues....

For what it's worth...been liking Mazda's style lately quite a bit and had very favourable comments here on several models test driving them. I need to however update that on 2 occasions my friend and son bought Mazdas last year-Friend a CX5 and son the 2 Diesel. The CX5 had several issues from beginning in terms of quality and little updates having to be done under warranty. My sons 2 even more so, after only a year and 6000 km the rear shocks had issues and Mazda replaced them saying theye had to do plenty of those already....not normal if you ask me on such a new model. Additional troubles with the stop/start function, which took several times to get to the bottom of. Battery dead after 1 year...and a few other smaller niggles. Hmmmh, not overly impressed with quality control....the 2 drives real nice though and has plenty of go...just a bit wondering all this within 12 months. My wife's Xtrail had nearly no issues for the first 7 years and even then only regular wear issues....

You forgot noisy and smelly

with my luck if I bought a Clonker they would introduce the Diesel Additive Law like America that cuts pollution from Diesel fuel it puts the running costs up..It will arrive here eventually,and it's expensive

You forgot noisy and smelly

with my luck if I bought a Clonker they would introduce the Diesel Additive Law like America that cuts pollution from Diesel fuel it puts the running costs up..It will arrive here eventually,and it's expensive
I've got a hire car with that stuff at the moment. It's telling me that it will disable the engine in 1100 miles if I don’t get it topped up.

Some fuel stations have the DF next to the fuel ,it's when you have to buy it in the Cashout it's a pest..it would improve BKK though Once a rip off has been devised we will get it for sure.Its not just to stop freezing as most think.

had the XV for about a year and a half and no trouble whatsoever, price has also gone down.

there were warnings about high oil consumption from the boxer engine on dedicated discussion boards,

but the only issue i have is high road noise.

4wd and traction control makes the XV very easy to drive to its limits. all that has to be added by the driver is courage whistling.gif

I could thin them out quickly. I would eliminate any of them that are NOT diesel powered.

Why.?.

Why a diesel? Low end torque, way more economical to run, Longer life and less maintenance. What could be better?

Diesel car its priced hight when simular benzine.

So not think its more aconomical. Its be economical when price for disel be less 20% .

Not noise diesel its german.

Price in Thailand much high.

Low end Torque for start only fine.

you carry heavy loads?

;)

Some fuel stations have the DF next to the fuel ,it's when you have to buy it in the Cashout it's a pest..it would improve BKK though Once a rip off has been devised we will get it for sure.Its not just to stop freezing as most think.

I bought some additive but have no idea how to top it up, so I'm assuming a dealer gas to.

I bought some additive but have no idea how to top it up, so I'm assuming a dealer gas to.

Archived