Trump denies he posed as his spokesman during tabloid days

rooster59

Trump denies he posed as his spokesman during tabloid days

WASHINGTON (AP) — Back when Donald Trump's love life was tabloid heaven, a Trump spokesman with intimate knowledge of the businessman's personal relationships offered juicy stories about a failing marriage, a new live-in paramour and three other girlfriends he was juggling at once.

The spokesman identified himself as John Miller. But The Washington Post says it was actually Trump, posing as his own publicist on the phone with a reporter who wondered why Miller's voice sounded so familiar.

The Post has unearthed a recording of that 1991 phone call. The voice on the phone describes Trump as irresistible to women.

"He gets called by everybody in the book, in terms of women," says the voice. "He's got a whole open field, really."

On NBC's "Today" show Friday, Trump denied being the voice on the phone. "I don't know anything about it," he said.

But he owned up to it at the time, describing the Miller call as a "joke gone awry," said the Post.

Trump also testified in a 1990 court case that he occasionally used the name John Miller and disclosed that his favorite alias was John Baron.

In the call with People magazine reporter Sue Carswell, the "spokesman" said "actresses just call to see if they can go out with him and things."

He said Madonna "wanted to go out with him" and "came in a beautiful evening gown and combat boots" to hang out with Trump at the Plaza Hotel, which he owned. "He's got zero interest that night," said the man known as Miller, apparently meaning they did not have sex.

Trump's marriage to Ivana Trump was ending that year and he was with Marla Maples, who would become his second wife. He was also seeing three other women, said the "spokesman," including model Carla Bruni.

Carswell, now at Vanity Fair, told the Post she played the recording to Maples, who confirmed the call was from Trump himself and cried upon hearing him say that a ring he had given her was not meant to imply an engagement — although their engagement was announced weeks later.

Carswell says Maples persuaded Trump to invite her out with the two of them to make up for the trickery.

A Trump supporter in Congress, GOP Rep. Duncan Hunter of California, said what happened back then "has no bearing on who he is today."

"It doesn't matter to me one whit," he said.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-05-14

"A Trump supporter in Congress, GOP Rep. Duncan Hunter of California, said what happened back then "has no bearing on who he is today."
"It doesn't matter to me one whit," he said."

Got that right.

If that's the extent of 'dirt' they left wing media can crank up, it's pretty pathetic! smile.png

"A Trump supporter in Congress, GOP Rep. Duncan Hunter of California, said what happened back then "has no bearing on who he is today."

Got that right.

If that's the extent of 'dirt' they left wing media can crank up, it's pretty pathetic! smile.png

It clearly demonstrates he's a loon.

And as that being the extent of dirt...

There's Trump University and so much more.

Got that right.

Just one question to you..

If it happend a long time ago, it's not important!

So why is he atacking hrc about Bill?

Please answer this honestly.

I'm looking forward to your new excusses!

Got that right.

Yet, Trump claims that Bill Clinton's indiscretions while in the White House 20 years ago has some bearing on Hillary's fitness to serve. The hypocrisy is strong in this one.

Got that right.

What it also demonstrates is that he's willing to lie about anything.

The Trump fanboys fail to realize is that this is only the beginning of these embarrassing tales that will make their way into the media. Trump has never been subjected to the type of media scrutiny he's going to get in the next six months. Sure there have been articles and exposes, but now we're going to have the entire mainstream media turning over each and every rock looking for something untoward. And let's remember that Trump made his money the New York City construction industry which is/was rife with corruption. And what's worse is that we already know everything there is to know about the Clintons. It's all being recycled for 2016, but it's old news. Trump's connection to organized crime, for example, that would be big news.

Everyone knows he's lying.

No, it's not that big a deal that he did it back then except for revealing the obvious to anyone paying attention -- that he's an egomaniacal psychopathic SLEAZEBALL.

The orange moron has now made it a big deal by LYING about it now.

Lyin' Donald -- run on that.

Off-topic posts and replies removed. The topic is about a situation with Donald Trump.

Continued off-topic posting in these threads are going to result in suspensions.

I was kind of happy at first with Trump shaking up the system but with all the 8 year old man child stuff he says and does it has to make you wonder. Trump has some real issues. This faking on the phone to be someone else is just too far out there. I am not an expert but it sure as hell sounds like his voice and the way he would speak. These are games children play not the President of the United States of America. He turns stupid as soon as someone says something he don't like or even disagrees with him, he has to win even if it means being stupid. He can't fire congress or world leaders so what's he going to do when things don't go his way, make up silly names for them or throw a fit and jump up and down and want to punch them ? Even his ever changing platform is now basically starting to look like an insider. I don't like Hillary but at least she is not a man child.

Don't bet on him.

Donald Trump Is Selling Out

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/05/donald_trump_is_selling_out_and_his_supporters_don_t_care.html

To add, he has previously admitted to phone posing in a court of law. Now he says he didn't. Stupid move. His supporters don't care, as he said, if he just started shooting at people on the street. Surely that's not the majority.

Look, nobody is saying Hillary Clinton doesn't have serious flaws as a candidate. But the thing is, trump's flaws trumps hers by an awful lot, and I do mean awful, and the dirt on trump is going to fresh and it's going to keep on coming until election day. Hillary's issues are baked in. trump's dirt is the gift to the democrats that will keep o giving.

Edited by Jingthing

I was kind of happy at first with Trump shaking up the system but with all the 8 year old man child stuff he says and does it has to make you wonder. Trump has some real issues. This faking on the phone to be someone else is just too far out there. I am not an expert but it sure as hell sounds like his voice and the way he would speak. These are games children play not the President of the United States of America. He turns stupid as soon as someone says something he don't like or even disagrees with him, he has to win even if it means being stupid. He can't fire congress or world leaders so what's he going to do when things don't go his way, make up silly names for them or throw a fit and jump up and down and want to punch them ? Even his ever changing platform is now basically starting to look like an insider. I don't like Hillary but at least she is not a man child.

I think this will be the conclusion of most reasonable independents and undecideds in America. We don't like Trump, we don't like Hillary. But Hillary will do less damage to the country.

Numerous off-topic posts and replies removed. This topic is about Trump. Comparisons are one thing, off-topic rants are another.

Please stay on topic. There are a lot of threads on the political issue. Make your comments in the appropriate thread.

Good on Trump for hanging with the chickies and getting some wild action. That what's dude become gazillionaires for . . . the chicks and the toys.

I honestly have no clue about what dirt is being dredged up on any of the candidates, but I do find it somewhat interesting when you compare stuff like this to the allegations against Hillary Clinton.

Trump - got laid

Hillary - got an ambassador tortured and killed

Trump - posed as his own spokesman

Hillary - potentially committed a federal crime with classified data

Trump - bankrupt, but rebuilt

Hillary - White water that impacted others, but she skated

I dunno, give me some more . . .

I rather think stuff like this is humorous as it is clearly a younger play boy having a good time in the public spot light. Then we have Hillary allegedly lurking in the bank rooms cutting deals with Wall Street and interests groups and backing certain legislation that has had pretty dire impacts on . . . well almost everyone. Ah, but politicians can always blame it on someone else and just use the power of misdirection. That is why the all suck and Trump has some momentum.

I dunno either...make up some more stuff.

This is the guy they want to give the launch codes to.

Is this really "news"? So what if he did...he was a New York City bon vivant at the time and was knowm to pull off all sorts of pranks. Like any cares about some silly recording to a reporter or call-in show from 30 years ago. The media's current obsession with Trump is truly pathetic, especially the Wash. Post, with almost every article on their homepage some stupid hit-piece against Trump. And they wonder why their circulation and relevance is going down the tubes.

What a non-story if there ever was one...blink.png

OMGIminPattaya opines:

Is this really "news"? So what if he did...he was a New York City bon vivant at the time and was knowm to pull off all sorts of pranks.

You're right, it doesn't much matter that Trump was posing as another person, and boasting about his (Trump's) sex conquests. That's not the issue. The issue is he's lying about it now. Those of us who aren't Trump fans don't want a blatant liar as Commander in Chief. Trump fans don't mind, and can explain away anything he does.

Trump has an oil slick 5 miles long and the Dems haven't even begun to expose his real character yet. The Dems wouldn't be waging a negative campaign (they'd rather focus on issues, and how to improve the USA), but Trump keeps pulling everyone into the gutter, so that's where it's got to go. If your neighbor accused you of shitting on your kitchen floor, you'd have to deal with that. It wouldn't do any good to counter by trying to talk about improving the community baseball field.

Trump gave a recent stump speech where he repeatedly stated, "I hate reporters." He didn't say it with a wink and a grin. He was completely serious. Well, you can bet that wall against reporters just got 10 feet higher.

Edited by boomerangutang

Got that right.

And there are the speech transcripts, the missing emails, the Clinton Foundation scams, not to mention enabling a predator.

Got that right.

It doesn't much matter that Trump was posing as another person, and boasting about his (Trump's) sex conquests. That's not the issue. The issue is he's lying about it now. Those of us who aren't Trump fans don't want a blatant liar as Commander in Chief. Trump fans don't mind, and can explain away anything he does.

Trump has an oil slick 5 miles long and the Dems haven't even begun to expose his real character yet. The Dems wouldn't be waging a negative campaign (they'd rather focus on issues, and how to improve the USA), but Trump keeps pulling everyone into the gutter, so that's where it's got to go. If your neighbor accused you of shitting on your kitchen floor, you'd have to deal with that. It wouldn't do any good to counter by trying to talk about improving the community baseball field.

I hate to break your HS civics view of American politics but all Presidents have lied to the American people so he'd just be joining a grand tradition.

Got that right.

It doesn't much matter that Trump was posing as another person, and boasting about his (Trump's) sex conquests. That's not the issue. The issue is he's lying about it now. Those of us who aren't Trump fans don't want a blatant liar as Commander in Chief. Trump fans don't mind, and can explain away anything he does.

I hate to break your HS civics view of American politics but all Presidents have lied to the American people so he'd just be joining a grand tradition.

That's an immature argument, "all presidents have lied....." so it's ok if Trump lies.

I'll let you in on a little secret: there are big lies and there are little lies. Perhaps the OP is a series of little lies. Yet, lying is a form of cheating. A person who can lie about a lot of little things, can lie about big things. Reagan lied about a dirty little war he was waging in Nicaragua. People died from that lie. That was a big lie.

If Trump becomes president, he can just as easily lie about big things as about the many little things he's proven to have lied about. Big lies can lead to people getting killed, and natural environment getting destroyed (he's anti-science re; climate change, but that's another topic).

Poetic Justice!

Donald Trump Trolled the Media – Reporter Says TRUMP Released John Miller Audio to Washington Post

trump-smile-winner-575x383.jpg

On Friday the The Washington Post released audio of Trump spokesman – John Miller – who spoke with reporters on Trump’s relationship with his wife Ivana. The Washington Post says the spokesman Miller was actually Donald Trump himself.

On Friday night former People magazine reporter Sue Carswell went on with Megyn Kelly. Carswell told Kelly that Trump was the only one to have a copy of the audio.
And — TRUMP must have released the audio to the Washington Post!

Trump was trolling the mainstream media!"

Som Nam Na! biggrin.png

Got that right.

That's an immature argument, "all presidents have lied....." so it's ok if Trump lies.

I'll let you in on a little secret: there are big lies and there are little lies. Perhaps the OP is a series of little lies. Yet, lying is a form of cheating. A person who can lie about a lot of little things, can lie about big things. Reagan lied about a dirty little war he was waging in Nicaragua. People died from that lie. That was a big lie.

If Trump becomes president, he can just as easily lie about big things as about the many little things he's proven to have lied about. Big lies can lead to people getting killed, and natural environment getting destroyed (he's anti-science re; climate change, but that's another topic).

Snooze ?

What a non-story if there ever was one...blink.png

OMGIminPattaya opines:

Is this really "news"? So what if he did...he was a New York City bon vivant at the time and was knowm to pull off all sorts of pranks.

You're right, it doesn't much matter that Trump was posing as another person, and boasting about his (Trump's) sex conquests. That's not the issue. The issue is he's lying about it now. Those of us who aren't Trump fans don't want a blatant liar as Commander in Chief. Trump fans don't mind, and can explain away anything he does.

Trump gave a recent stump speech where he repeatedly stated, "I hate reporters." He didn't say it with a wink and a grin. He was completely serious. Well, you can bet that wall against reporters just got 10 feet higher.

Yet another of your home-spuns.

Why would you be worried about improving the community baseball field when you are taking a dump on the kitchen floor?

Oh, by the way, you made this claim...

"Those of us who aren't Trump fans don't want a blatant liar as Commander in Chief. "

I'm assuming you will NOT be supporting Hillary when Bernie goes down in flames? cheesy.gif

Edited by chuckd

Funny isn't it? I mean admittedly this is a comical sign of the inflated ego of the Trump, but it's also sweeping under the blanket his admitted use of the pseudonym of "John Baron" when dealing with the press.

Something he admitted in the trial over his failure to pay the undocumented Polish illegal immigrants that worked on Trump Tower.

In 1983, union members sued a union boss, Trump and his contractor for cheating the union out of pension and welfare funds by hiring the Polish Brigade. Trump owed the union pension fund $1 million, the plaintiffs said.

<snip>

Manhattan Judge Charles Stewart ruled against Trump a year later, saying that his representative "knew that the Polish workers were doing demolition work" and that his company participated in a "conspiracy" to cheat the union. Trump owed the workers a little more than $325,000 plus interest and attorney’s fees and costs, Stewart ruled. That wasn’t the end of it. Trump appealed and it would drag on for another decade.

<snip>

A year later, Trump quietly settled, according to the New York Daily News, but the agreement was placed under seal.

Link

So let's see:

- Trump disapproves of illegal workers and wants to deport them - but not until he's made a few quid out of them.

- Trump "never settles lawsuits" except when it suits his purpose.

His current denials are simply more proof that the man is an inveterate liar, and will take any position to get elected, even when he has no idea of the issues.

Of course it's all the Post's fault for doing so good old-fashioned proper journalism.

Trump acts like a Thai bargirl who's just been busted by her farang boyfriend for servicing other customers when he's away:
"It's your fault for catching me!"

cheesy.gif

Edited by Chicog